Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club

Old 12-24-2015, 09:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 37)
Nope, just using push with the 3 fans, not push/pull. I bought three more fans but didn't think i needed them. May hook them up at some point to see if it makes a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2015, 09:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 25)
I got my P5 case the other day as well as my Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 Rad.

I also received my braided 24 pin atx and pcie cables today.

Just about to order a Swiftech Apogee XL CPU Water Block - Black Body.

Cant seem to source a XSPC 270 Res or the Thermaltake Pacific Res that ThermalMike is using in his build.....everywhere seems to be sold out apart from sites wanting £30/£40 more than standard price? mad.gif

Things i already have are........

4770K ...MSI Z-87 G45 Mobo/ GTX980 oc/16GB Corsair Vengeance/1000 watt Enermax galaxy Which im going to swap with my sons corsair TX850 , as the Galaxy is far too long for this build.

I am also going to use the Mayhems UV white with Mayhems blue dye to make a nice pastel blue.......gonna have to change the colour of my Red GTX980 Palit Super Jetstream fan cover as it wont go with the build.

Going to use 12mm/16mm Acrylic Tubing and black Alphacool Compression fittings as they are the only ones i can source in the UK? mad.gif

I have ordered x4 ThermalTake Riing12 Led RGB Fan 256 Colour 120mm.

I am going to mount this on the wall next to my desk but unfortunately they dont supply Wall fittings for the P5 Wall mountable case.
I have ordered a TV Mounting bracket which i will have to mod for this to work as you cant buy the P5 bracket in the UK???

I might start a build log so will be taking lots of pics as i go along. smile.gif
Old 12-24-2015, 04:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
I'm really digging all the photos from everyone here. It's good to see others share the same passion for this case as I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya mother View Post

I got my P5 case the other day as well as my Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 Rad.

I also received my braided 24 pin atx and pcie cables today.

Very nice. I went with the Monsta 480 as well. I think you'll love it. Can't wait to see your build pictures. thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2015, 04:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 13)
I did a little work on my build today, mainly tore things apart and drilled some holes and ground down three tabs to make the front totally flush, so the acrylic will lay perfectly flat, and they threw down a base coat of paint. Covering the black will take several coats.

Hopefully in the future, Thermaltake will make a white version of this case. I think it looks very nice in white.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 11)
Hey guys, my buddy from work sent me one of these for xmas for a build I've been planning. Has anyone created a mod to mount an optical drive or fan controller? I'm thinking a little metal bending and a bracket could be made under or over the radiator on the front (right) of the case.

thumb.gif
Old 12-28-2015, 05:04 AM
Hydro Therapist

Rep: 22 (Unique: 20)
Just an observation but with a little more slot spacing you could fit a 560mm radiator if you wanted to go overboard.

CPU: i7-8700k @ 5 GHz
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Extreme @ 2,088mhz
RAM: Trident Z RGB 32GB Ddr4-3000
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Z370
Storage: Intel Optane 900p
Cooling: Dual EK Coolstream 560mmm x 45mm, Dual D5 Pumps
Old 12-28-2015, 06:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

I don't think an optical drive would look good on this case......too big, and imo it would start to look cluttered......a fan controller might look ok but finding a place for it to sit maybe a problem? smile.gif
Old 12-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 77 (Unique: 64)
I just spend the weekend working on this case. VERY nice case! It has a solid "quality" feel to it. I am concerned about the recommended fan direction though. It's really odd that you'd be pushing air into the filtered rear section instead of pulling, since you want your INTAKE air filtered, not your exhaust. That's strange.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post

I just spend the weekend working on this case. VERY nice case! It has a solid "quality" feel to it. I am concerned about the recommended fan direction though. It's really odd that you'd be pushing air into the filtered rear section instead of pulling, since you want your INTAKE air filtered, not your exhaust. That's strange.

Like I said in my previous post, this is a very bizarre point.
Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love this case.....more than I have any case I've owned and I've been building for close to 20 years but.....this is odd.
I will say that when I finally flipped my fans around, my temps dropped a lot. You should be pulling air from the back, not pushing. The pictures are misleading.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

This just means if your having led fans like the Riing 120mm they will be the wrong way round and look naff. ph34r-smiley.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in