Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club - Page 336 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake Core P5 Owners' Club

post #3351 of 3369 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Not really into the distro plate, wouldn't expect a display to be water proof xD. It is mounted behind the distro plate. I've got more photos here https://builds.gg/builds/project-tt-...ro-plate-18859
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3352 of 3369 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 07:45 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
my new Bulid

post #3353 of 3369 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 08:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by -VSS- View Post
my new Bulid

Love that look. How did you make it?

CPU
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus IX Code
GPU
EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB @ 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Corsair RM750i
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 360MP
Cooling
EK-D5 G2 Pump
Cooling
Cuplex KRYOS Next VISION CPU waterblock
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RGB waterblock + backplate
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS 250mm custom reservoir
Cooling
Monsoon Hardline PETG Tubing 1/2", 5/8"
Case
Thermaltake Core P5
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
BOSE QC35
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCI-E
Other
HTC VIVE Pro
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3354 of 3369 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicsWhore View Post
Wouldn't fit on top unless it was really slim because as I mentioned part of the top edge is taken up by the spaces where the back-plate slides in.

This should be a discussion about whether you should do it. What I mentioned isn't' a theory - it's the general consensus based on testing and benchmarks. If you had poor performance with a single 560mm then the loop was either improperly set up or your expectations are out of whack. Acting like adding more and more radiators will give you better and better cooling and increased performance isn't reality no matter how much you want it to be.

You asked, "Was just curious if someone has done something similar." No. You know why? Because nobody puts two 560mm rads for a single CPU/GPU build. I'll let you take a wild guess as to why.
I was thinking of something similar. Putting rads at bottom, front and top for running fanless when idling
post #3355 of 3369 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 06:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hello, I have a question about the GPU mount someone here might be able to answer.

If you position the GPU vertical, how wide is the actual mount? How long does it go from the base of the chassi towards the glass.

Thanks!
post #3356 of 3369 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 12:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi.

I really like the design of the Core P3 (yes, I know this is the P5 club, but my questions relate to the P5 chassis as well) and would love to use it for my new gaming rig. However, I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger because of the lack of airflow cooling critical motherboard components like vrm, ram and chipset. I have seen som diy fan solutions, rigging a fan to the side of the chassis to provide some air, but I don't like how that change the overall looks. (Looks is a high priority for me with the P3 chassis.) Liquid cooling all parts is another and better solution, but not within my budget unfortunately. Im planning a cpu aoi cooler with the gpu vertically mounted.
A lot of the builds I have seen online with the P3/P5 chassis does not have any motherboard cooling, only cpu and gpu. Even GGF's review build has no cooling on motherboard components, exept the cpu (https://ggflan.com/thermaltake-p3-review-build-2/).

My questions for you experts here are:
-Are vrm/ram/chipset overheating a real issue with these open chassis?
-Are some motherboards more suited to be used in a chassis like the P3/P5 with no airflow cooling on the mobo heatsinks?
-Would it be possible to mount a fan between the psu and the vertical gpu bracket to provide som air up through the backside of the gpu? And would it be efficiant enough regardin airflow over the motherboard?

I really appreciate any thoughts and comments on this.

Thank you.
post #3357 of 3369 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:30 PM
Invalid Media

Rep: 27 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by kiddiboy1980 View Post
Hi.

I really like the design of the Core P3 (yes, I know this is the P5 club, but my questions relate to the P5 chassis as well) and would love to use it for my new gaming rig. However, I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger because of the lack of airflow cooling critical motherboard components like vrm, ram and chipset. I have seen som diy fan solutions, rigging a fan to the side of the chassis to provide some air, but I don't like how that change the overall looks. (Looks is a high priority for me with the P3 chassis.) Liquid cooling all parts is another and better solution, but not within my budget unfortunately. Im planning a cpu aoi cooler with the gpu vertically mounted.
A lot of the builds I have seen online with the P3/P5 chassis does not have any motherboard cooling, only cpu and gpu. Even GGF's review build has no cooling on motherboard components, exept the cpu (https://ggflan.com/thermaltake-p3-review-build-2/).

My questions for you experts here are:
-Are vrm/ram/chipset overheating a real issue with these open chassis?
-Are some motherboards more suited to be used in a chassis like the P3/P5 with no airflow cooling on the mobo heatsinks?
-Would it be possible to mount a fan between the psu and the vertical gpu bracket to provide som air up through the backside of the gpu? And would it be efficiant enough regardin airflow over the motherboard?

I really appreciate any thoughts and comments on this.

Thank you.

I find the opposite to be the case (pun intended) with an open design like Core P5. Because it is open on all sides, there are far more options to control air-flow, mount fans etc.

I have several systems with mesh-side panels in addition to Core P5, and VRM temps and RAM temps on the Core P5 are lower by about 4 - 5c.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OrBlTop1u.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	285746  

Name:	Orc1024uu.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	285748  

Name:	orcablglassright1grU.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	285750  

post #3358 of 3369 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Does anyone know where to buy the metal brackets for mounting card verticle? I have used the 2 it came with, but have one more card to mount.
post #3359 of 3369 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Guys, quick question.

Is the first PCI-E slot blocked by the motherboard? Is it usable?
post #3360 of 3369 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 05:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by jhndeere View Post
Does anyone know where to buy the metal brackets for mounting card verticle? I have used the 2 it came with, but have one more card to mount.
Contact Thermaltake via their website. I sent them a note when I wanted a replacement window and they gave me all the details and sent me one.

Quote: Originally Posted by BabylonDown View Post
Guys, quick question.

Is the first PCI-E slot blocked by the motherboard? Is it usable?
Not sure what you mean.

CPU
Motherboard
ASUS Maximus IX Code
GPU
EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB @ 3200
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Corsair RM750i
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 360MP
Cooling
EK-D5 G2 Pump
Cooling
Cuplex KRYOS Next VISION CPU waterblock
Cooling
EK-Vector RTX RGB waterblock + backplate
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS 250mm custom reservoir
Cooling
Monsoon Hardline PETG Tubing 1/2", 5/8"
Case
Thermaltake Core P5
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Mouse
Logitech G900
Audio
BOSE QC35
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster Z PCI-E
Other
HTC VIVE Pro
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in