Jonsbo / Cooltek Case Gallery and Owners Club - Page 103 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Jonsbo / Cooltek Case Gallery and Owners Club

post #1021 of 1030 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 08:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
It can fit coolers up to 160mm right? Quite a few of the best coolers are under that limit, while it's tight, it shouldn't be an issue to get a higher performance cooler in there.

Like:
  • Phanteks PH-TC14PE
  • Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
  • Noctua NH-D15S
  • Scythe Mugen 5
  • Thermalright Silver Arrow T8
  • Scythe Fuma 2
I guess I should have elaborated. I have a Vega 64 LC, which is mounted in the rear as an exhaust, and it also limits the length of the CPU cooler too. I had the Mugen 5, and I flipped it around and it worked fine, but I couldn't stand the way it looked. I had it mounted at the top as an exhaust, but the airflow is restricted by the top panel, and GPU temps climb more than I like. I was using the Scythe Ashura in the UMX4 which is 161mm high. I would have mounted that and let it touch the glass, but I go to LAN parties, and don't want to lug around the case with the cooler bumping against the glass.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190626_114037.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	276584  

Last edited by THUMPer1; 06-26-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1030 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 06:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just opened the box. This U5 is absolutely stunning. The layout the design, everything. The board should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to see what it looks like inside it. I love that the back panel has glass too. I know most are trying to use the back of cases to cram all their unsightly wires but I always take pride in my wiring, front and back. Years ago my main rig was in an HAF932 and the wires in back were a work of art, and nobody could even see it. I am going to have a lot of fun with this case I am so thrilled. The PSU location is flat out perfection.

I'll get pics when the board is in. So damn excited.

One thing though, I am sold on the Dark Rock Pro 4....but according to the specs (https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1378) it appears to be 162.8mm tall. How close is the 160mm tolerance? Is it gonna be "touching" the glass or will the glass outright smash it?

Scythe ninja 5 seems a very good option as well, 155mm.. might be the ticket.

Last edited by Nikado7; 06-28-2019 at 06:44 PM.
post #1023 of 1030 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Like a glove. Gonna have to get a 90 for the 90 24 pin. I like the idea but after the headache of finding a case and everything, the factory 90 makes it even harder. Some cases would fit the board but not with that 90. There is also a 90 on the very bottom for pcix which adds to the difficulty. This case is gonna work beautifully though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190629_130352.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	4.35 MB
ID:	276970  

Name:	IMG_20190629_131623 (2).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	276972  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1024 of 1030 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

The U5 is a really nice case man. Congrats.

post #1025 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Need some CPU cooler help.

Recently bought a 3900x for my UMX4 which has the standard airflow configuration of air intake at bottom and back, exhaust at top.

Firstly, what's the airflow like in this case? i.e. is it good enough to not need a monster of a cpu cooler?

I don't plan on overclocking but its going to be used pretty much 24/7 for cpu rendering so need to try and keep temps below 70 if possible.

I'm basically choosing between my preferred choice of a dark rock tf (because lets be honest it would look incredible in this case) or a tower cooler such as the dark rock pro 4 which is probably going to perform far better at cooling the cpu but may fire too much hot air into the psu.

Any insights on either of these coolers or air cooling in the UMX4 in general would be appreciated!
post #1026 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by will_speaks View Post
Recently bought a 3900x for my UMX4 which has the standard airflow configuration of air intake at bottom and back, exhaust at top.

Firstly, what's the airflow like in this case? i.e. is it good enough to not need a monster of a cpu cooler?

I don't plan on overclocking but its going to be used pretty much 24/7 for cpu rendering so need to try and keep temps below 70 if possible.

I'm basically choosing between my preferred choice of a dark rock tf (because lets be honest it would look incredible in this case) or a tower cooler such as the dark rock pro 4 which is probably going to perform far better at cooling the cpu but may fire too much hot air into the psu.

Any insights on either of these coolers or air cooling in the UMX4 in general would be appreciated!
So, standard airflow config, meaning the rear fan is an intake, the bottom are intakes, and the top are exhaust? When I had my UMX4, i had the rear as exhaust, and the bottom is intake.

post #1027 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 07:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by THUMPer1 View Post
So, standard airflow config, meaning the rear fan is an intake, the bottom are intakes, and the top are exhaust? When I had my UMX4, i had the rear as exhaust, and the bottom is intake.
Oh really, do you feel this provided enough airflow? I assumed the PSU and CPU would be fighting each other for air and that the gpu would interfere with the airflow from below but happy to hear this may not be the case!

I'd seen this post and thought it looked like a good idea although I don't like how, with a tower cooler, potentially hot air is going to be fired towards the PSU https://www.overclock.net/forum/26075700-post.html
post #1028 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 07:42 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by will_speaks View Post
Oh really, do you feel this provided enough airflow? I assumed the PSU and CPU would be fighting each other for air and that the gpu would interfere with the airflow from below but happy to hear this may not be the case!

I'd seen this post and thought it looked like a good idea although I don't like how, with a tower cooler, potentially hot air is going to be fired towards the PSU https://www.overclock.net/forum/26075700-post.html
My PSU is a Seasonic and runs passive (fan off) most of the time. I didn't think it would be an issue. I never had cooling problems going with a rear exhaust. I don't like the thought of not having a fan filter on any intake fan, that is why I went with exhaust.

post #1029 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 01:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by THUMPer1 View Post
My PSU is a Seasonic and runs passive (fan off) most of the time. I didn't think it would be an issue. I never had cooling problems going with a rear exhaust. I don't like the thought of not having a fan filter on any intake fan, that is why I went with exhaust.
Ah, likewise actually, hadn't thought of that - cheers!
post #1030 of 1030 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Just occurred to me that I could've used the TX360 in the bottom of the U5 instead of the magicool radiator I was using...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in