Forum Jump: 

In Win 303 Owners Club

post #1 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 19 (Unique: 19)

In Win 303 Chassis Club

Release Date: 8 June 2016

Reviews

"Aesthetically we grew to like it. It looks clean, the large side window is always a plus and the far panel is interesting too in a space that's often quite bland. Above all we love the internal layout. From the outside it looks unassuming, but the top-mounted PSU and side-mounted fans/radiator will really make it stand out from the crowd. Combined with some handy cooling performance, the 303 is one of the best cases below £100 and it's anything but run-of-the-mill."

"Once out of the box the first impressions of the 303 were very good, this may be In Win’s budget Case but it’s still an In Win Case. Quality is high as is the build quality with the front panel being particularly impressive. Taking a look in and around the Case also reveals a cavernous interior space with a good general layout and with plenty of cable management space at the back. On face value what In Win have produced here seems to be spot on."

"At this point I’d have to say I’m very impressed with what I’ve seen so far. The In Win 303 is a good looking and extremely well made case, that’s got a lot of nice features such as the radiator support and the SSD/HDD brackets."

"The build quality is rock solid, and we wouldn’t have expected anything else from an InWin product, even more so from one cut from durable steel panels. The addition of the tempered glass side panel not only adds to the build quality, but it really sets the main focus for the design too, giving you a great view of the interior components and providing a great way to show off your new build, both inside and out."

"Overall, this is one of my favourite cases this year, it’s got rock solid build quality, stunning aesthetics thanks to the glass panel and the LED lit I/O panel, impressive component compatibility and it’s very competitively priced."

"Arranging components can require some planning and one should not just slap the components inside, since that case you might be finding yourself building your rig several times if you want it to look clean. Ventilation and cable management could be better since in both cases we found out some issues during the mounting process mostly related to dimensions and spaces haven’t been that well-chosen. This case would greatly benefit from adding a few centimeters here and removing a few there."

"Overall this case leaves us with mixed feeling."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I pre-ordered the White version from Newegg thumb.gif
post #3 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 11:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
I really like this case... but the lack of 140mm fan support makes upgrading a bit of a stretch for me.

For any potential owners, one thing I would like to see is how close the bottom of an ATX mobo comes to 120mm fans on the bottom. Second, how much space is there between mounted 25mm fans and the third PCI bracket. In Win doesn't officially support a 360 rad on the bottom, but I have a suspicion a slim one may just fit.

I would also like to know how easy it is to swap out the front LED.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass: Anthracite | i7 4790K: 4.8Ghz/1.33v | EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified: 1535/8100Mhz | KLEVV Genuine: 2666Mhz 16Gb DDR3 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | EVGA G2 850W | Samsung 950 PRO 256Gb NVMe SSD | Samsung 850 EVO: 500Gb SSD | HGST Deskstar NAS: 6Tb | Acer Predator X34 | CPU Delid w/CLU on die&IHS | CLU and Fujipoly pads on GPU | Watercool Heakiller IV Pro | EK-FC780 GTX Classy | Hardware Labs Nemesis 280 GTS Xflow | Hardware Labs Nemesis 360 GTR | 6x Corsair ML Pro 120 | 2x Corsair ML Pro 140 | 17995 3DMark Firestrike (Top 100 WW w/4790K&980 Ti) | NZXT HUE+ | Phanteks RGB LED strips | MNPCTech metal cable combs | Primochill carbon fiber sleeving | Viviid Vinyl Epoxy carbon fiber vinyl wrap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyxchoklad View Post

I pre-ordered the White version from Newegg thumb.gif

So did I. It's actually coming in tomorrow on the 8th, which is odd. I figured they wouldn't ship the case until the 8th? Anyway, I'm pumped for it, as i'm retiring my 4yr old Corsair 500R.

I'm trying to fit my EVGA 750G2 and H100i in the PSU tray area. I may have to may make a cut or two to get it to work? Any way, I'll post some pics when I get it tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

I really like this case... but the lack of 140mm fan support makes upgrading a bit of a stretch for me.

For any potential owners, one thing I would like to see is how close the bottom of an ATX mobo comes to 120mm fans on the bottom. Second, how much space is there between mounted 25mm fans and the third PCI bracket. In Win doesn't officially support a 360 rad on the bottom, but I have a suspicion a slim one may just fit.

I would also like to know how easy it is to swap out the front LED.

I'll be installing three 120mm fans at the bottom, as well as three at the top and one in back. 7 fans in total. I should have the build done by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post some pics. I only have a single GPU and a sound card, so I hope that it doesn't come too close to the fans? If so, I'll just use onboard sound.

5820K @ 4.0GHz - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz - EVGA GTX 1080 ACX - IN WIN 303 - QNIX QX2710 - 1440p @ 96Hz
post #5 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Can you have 3 standard size 120mmx25mm intake fans in the bottom of the case with an ATX motherboard and two GPU's in SLI?
post #6 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 20)
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drop24 View Post

Can you have 3 standard size 120mmx25mm intake fans in the bottom of the case with an ATX motherboard and two GPU's in SLI?

I don't think so, but I'll let you know this week.

5820K @ 4.0GHz - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz - EVGA GTX 1080 ACX - IN WIN 303 - QNIX QX2710 - 1440p @ 96Hz
post #7 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

It seems like the fans will block the bottom pcie slot only so I think two double slot cards will work, but let us know.
post #8 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 58 (Unique: 45)
Quote:

I think it depends on your mobo pci layout but worst comes to worst it should work without the far left fan (IE just use the middle and right fan mounts).

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass: Anthracite | i7 4790K: 4.8Ghz/1.33v | EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified: 1535/8100Mhz | KLEVV Genuine: 2666Mhz 16Gb DDR3 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | EVGA G2 850W | Samsung 950 PRO 256Gb NVMe SSD | Samsung 850 EVO: 500Gb SSD | HGST Deskstar NAS: 6Tb | Acer Predator X34 | CPU Delid w/CLU on die&IHS | CLU and Fujipoly pads on GPU | Watercool Heakiller IV Pro | EK-FC780 GTX Classy | Hardware Labs Nemesis 280 GTS Xflow | Hardware Labs Nemesis 360 GTR | 6x Corsair ML Pro 120 | 2x Corsair ML Pro 140 | 17995 3DMark Firestrike (Top 100 WW w/4790K&980 Ti) | NZXT HUE+ | Phanteks RGB LED strips | MNPCTech metal cable combs | Primochill carbon fiber sleeving | Viviid Vinyl Epoxy carbon fiber vinyl wrap

post #9 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

No ATX board has the bottom pcie position covered by a gpu in a two-way SLI setup to my knowledge unless your gpu's are thicker than two slots. If it does prevent fans from being installed I would expect both the far left and middle fans slots to be unusable.
post #10 of 2422 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Here is a pic from Eteknix with a pair of air-cooled R9 280X in Crossfire.

edit:
HardwareCanucks:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in