Thermaltake Core X71 Owner's Thread - Post your build - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake Core X71 Owner's Thread - Post your build

post #21 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
you could put it up top without any major issues just make sure all your bits are installed like your memory since it clears no problem, just be tight when you need to remove your memory or plugging in your ATX power plugs.

but other than that due to the offset mounting it'll fit, just be tight since the rad is so thick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 09:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 960 (Unique: 705)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveleon View Post

you could put it up top without any major issues just make sure all your bits are installed like your memory since it clears no problem, just be tight when you need to remove your memory or plugging in your ATX power plugs.

but other than that due to the offset mounting it'll fit, just be tight since the rad is so thick.

yea with my current case its a pain to get my ram out lol i have to push the rad up some then slide flathead under and hit my memory tabs kinda scary lol.

post #23 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
you should be OK with that it'll just be tight to get your fingers in to hit the top tabs other than that the ram have enough room to come out, any of your ATX connectors are even able to reach if you got big hands like myself, as long as you don't got bulky hands than that'll be a different story.

But tell ya you'll love the case lots of possibilities for modding and not no $500 CAD to buy one like the 900d.

was shocked to see that even though the X71 is a bit flimsy for the light gauge metal it is still way stronger than the 900d, 900d's panels maybe thicker but we can easily fold them in half they seem so cheap, least the X71's panels actually feel ridged and the case doesn't feel like it's gonna fold up trying to carry or move it fully loaded like the 900d, should hear my buddies creak and wine as he try's to move it, sounds like the case is going to crumble in his hands, very unimpressed with that and soo glad I never wasted the extra $300 for it and got the X71 instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 05:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I recently opted to go for the X71 over the Air 540 which I was all but certain I was going to buy. Just finished transplanting the PC into the X71 and in all honesty was all very pain free and pleasant experience. It's nice and quiet going with 140mm fans. Just gotta upgrade my AIO and it'll be even nicer! smile.gif

post #25 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-11-2016, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveleon View Post

you should be OK with that it'll just be tight to get your fingers in to hit the top tabs other than that the ram have enough room to come out, any of your ATX connectors are even able to reach if you got big hands like myself, as long as you don't got bulky hands than that'll be a different story.

But tell ya you'll love the case lots of possibilities for modding and not no $500 CAD to buy one like the 900d.

was shocked to see that even though the X71 is a bit flimsy for the light gauge metal it is still way stronger than the 900d, 900d's panels maybe thicker but we can easily fold them in half they seem so cheap, least the X71's panels actually feel ridged and the case doesn't feel like it's gonna fold up trying to carry or move it fully loaded like the 900d, should hear my buddies creak and wine as he try's to move it, sounds like the case is going to crumble in his hands, very unimpressed with that and soo glad I never wasted the extra $300 for it and got the X71 instead.

lol yea i got huge hands but i use atx extenders already so i can hook them up then thread them behide the motherboard then i hook them up the psu. My current case is a modded rocketfish that i got off ocn has been thru the ringer in the last 5 or 6 years starting to flex alot worrys me when i move it around to clean if its gonna cause one of my rads to break, also needs a whole new paint job and alot or ribbits/screws fixed in hard to get places. I was gonna get a corsair case till i stumbled on the x71 and fell in love with it then saw price and had to have it lol wont be using it till i get my tax return gonna buy a gtx 1080 so figure no sence wasting any more tubing then i have to.

If i put a 420 in the front of my case would i have the space to still use my top 5 1/2 to put in my pump res or a dvd and fan controler ?

heres my old beat up case

post #26 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 11:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 16)
I attended Intel LANFest InfernaLAN this last weekend and got a ton of compliments on my build. The only unfortunate thing is that even though I covered my case with a protective foam cover for the drive up there something apparently rubbed against the side panel window and left a lot of scuffs on it. I can try to repair it but I haven't had any success doing that with even less noticeable scratches (even the specialty Novus plastic cleaning cloths I bought were too abrasive).

I might just replace the side panel with a full sheet of acrylic, or I could try to replace the window, but that will be a huge pain in the ass. If you have ever looked at the way they made the side panel window, I would have to cut perfect grooves into the new acrylic so that it would fit. What a stupid design.

Anyway, here is a quick shot of my X71 on the LAN Stand I built for InfernaLAN.

wEQ9saPh.jpg

Intel I5-2500K (@ 4.5GHz), Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 8-8-8-20, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+, Thermaltake Core X71, XSPC Raystorm CPU, EX 120, EX360, EX480, MCP35X
post #27 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

By the way, I'm already tearing apart my loop after just putting everything into my X71. A friend of mine won a GTX 1080 at PDXLAN and so yesterday he sold me his EVGA GTX 980Ti for $250. I found a full cover EK water block for it on ebay today for $32 shipped so I ordered that immediately. I'm not the biggest fan of EK's circle design, and their nickel plating worries me, but for the price I can't complain.

I wired up some 3mm LEDs for my Raystorm cpu block last week, but it turns out one of them was dead. So now I've had to order more 3mm LEDs and more heat shrink. Oh well, the cost is not much, but waiting for shipping from China isn't fun.

Intel I5-2500K (@ 4.5GHz), Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL @ 8-8-8-20, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC+, Thermaltake Core X71, XSPC Raystorm CPU, EX 120, EX360, EX480, MCP35X
post #28 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-12-2016, 03:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Nice im dieing to install my stuff but dont wanna install my 7970s then have to redrain and recut tubing for my 1080 i will buy at tax time.

If i put a 420 in the front of my case would i have the space to still use my top 5 1/2 bays ?

post #29 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Responding to your PM, if you put a 420mm radiator in the front of the case you should still be able to use the two 5.25" drive bays above. See the photo I posted below of 3 140mm fans in the front panel of the case with the cut outs for the 5.25" drives open and unobstructed.

You could also then put a 360mm or 420mm in the top. However, with fans attached it might conflict with the top 5.25" drive bay depending on how long of a device you are putting in that bay. If it is just a short fan controller you might be fine, but if you want a dvd drive it will hit the radiator fans. Depending on which end of the 360mm radiator your fittings are on, you might also conflict with the top 5.25" drive bay because of tubing.

kbKYPtEh.jpg

post #30 of 189 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanesegorilla View Post

Responding to your PM, if you put a 420mm radiator in the front of the case you should still be able to use the two 5.25" drive bays above. See the photo I posted below of 3 140mm fans in the front panel of the case with the cut outs for the 5.25" drives open and unobstructed.

You could also then put a 360mm or 420mm in the top. However, with fans attached it might conflict with the top 5.25" drive bay depending on how long of a device you are putting in that bay. If it is just a short fan controller you might be fine, but if you want a dvd drive it will hit the radiator fans. Depending on which end of the 360mm radiator your fittings are on, you might also conflict with the top 5.25" drive bay because of tubing.

kbKYPtEh.jpg

ty for the info im just putting a bay res in the top its not very thick im thinking of buying a 420 for the front and using my 360 in the top maybe put my 240 in the bottom if i wanna go crazy lol.
Bay res i own

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in