Crystal Crystal Series 460X/570X RGB Owners Club - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Crystal Crystal Series 460X/570X RGB Owners Club

Old 01-17-2017, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

The bits have just arrived! ? I'm reusing a Noctua air cooler, ax860 psu, Samsung 850 evo ssd and a gtx 1070 from another build.

Got a free mouse mat and thermal paste which was nice!

Can't wait to see the progress of your build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2017, 02:07 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 6
My build with the 460X is now all finished! Was quite a nice case to build with, was worried about cable management round the back and the cables protruding from the side panel but the rear steel panel is actually offset from the chassis by a few mm so you have more room than you think.

Did have a issue with trying to plug in all three case fans into my mobo as it only has 2 chassis fan headers but ended up plugging one into the water pump header which is controllable via fan xpert 4 within Asus's Ai suite 3 software. Case overall is very quiet, my Noctua NH-U12S cools the i5-7600K quite well at its stock speed of 4.2Ghz getting about 63-65c average at full load and 30-33c at idle. Which is only a few more degrees higher than what I got with a H100i so happy with that. Also worth noting I have all fans on a fairly low profile so even at full load the fans are never even that audible.

I like the PSU shroud, I personally took out the hard drive cage and used the 2.5" mounts in the rear as I found it just got in the way of the cables I had to put inside the case within that area. Then I come to the look of the case and my god drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif does it look good, the glass along with the RGB fans looks amazing, and looks a lot better in person. Quite easily the best looking case I've ever used and seen in person myself. If your on the fence about buying this case just go and buy it! thumb.gif

Heres some pics, apologies for the quality of some as it was in the evening and had no natural light:

Old 01-20-2017, 11:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5
finished mine as well about 2 hr ago. all my pics are 56K warning so i just put them in album. http://imgur.com/a/UoyMJ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2017, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

My build with the 460X is now all finished! Was quite a nice case to build with, was worried about cable management round the back and the cables protruding from the side panel but the rear steel panel is actually offset from the chassis by a few mm so you have more room than you think.

Did have a issue with trying to plug in all three case fans into my mobo as it only has 2 chassis fan headers but ended up plugging one into the water pump header which is controllable via fan xpert 4 within Asus's Ai suite 3 software. Case overall is very quiet, my Noctua NH-U12S cools the i5-7600K quite well at its stock speed of 4.2Ghz getting about 63-65c average at full load and 30-33c at idle. Which is only a few more degrees higher than what I got with a H100i so happy with that. Also worth noting I have all fans on a fairly low profile so even at full load the fans are never even that audible.

I like the PSU shroud, I personally took out the hard drive cage and used the 2.5" mounts in the rear as I found it just got in the way of the cables I had to put inside the case within that area. Then I come to the look of the case and my god drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif does it look good, the glass along with the RGB fans looks amazing, and looks a lot better in person. Quite easily the best looking case I've ever used and seen in person myself. If your on the fence about buying this case just go and buy it! thumb.gif

Heres some pics, apologies for the quality of some as it was in the evening and had no natural light:

Awesome build. I like what you have done there. How does the mATX board look in there? Can't quite tell from the pics.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Awesome build. I like what you have done there. How does the mATX board look in there? Can't quite tell from the pics.
Thanks! It looks good actually, as this is quite a compact ATX case it doesn't look lost or out of place, helps make the build look quite clean I think.

I have just installed another Noctua fan for push/pull and it's dropped temps a few degrees at load, which I'm happy with now get sub 60c at 4.2ghz with a fairly quiet fan profile.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5
lol you guys run a club but you just ignore the other people trying to join in?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly cooper View Post

lol you guys run a club but you just ignore the other people trying to join in?
Sorry dude I only just seen your post, nice and clean build! did you experience any problems during building?

Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4
My First time hard line tubing, so my bends arent perfect. one day ill make perfect ones, but for now its just game time

Specs:
MB: ASROCK Z170 OC Formula
CPU: Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K (Delided and OC to 4.6 for now)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair LP 3000mhz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC Edition
PSU: Coolermaster V650 (Custom cables coming Ver 2)
PSU Cables: Custom
CASE: Corsair 460x
Storage 1: Samsung Evo 960 m.2 500gb
Fans: 6x Corsair HD120 RGB

Watercooling
CPU Block: EKWB Supremacy EVO Nickel
GPU Block: EKWB FC1080 GTX - Nickel, Full-Cover
Pump: EKWB XRES 140 REVO D5 PWM Reservoir Incl. Pump
Res: Replaced stock one with EK-RES X3 150
Radiator 1: The Black Ice® GT Stealth 360
Radiator 2: EKWB CoolStream SE Slim 240
Tube type: Hard Line PETG
Coolant: EKWB Ekoolant EVO Blood Red (changing to Pastel white in ver 2)

BEFORE: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

V1 Watercooled: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

V2 Watercooled: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Idle Temps V2 WC Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Old 01-22-2017, 04:33 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesleydn View Post

Mine so far.

Waiting for GPU block which is coming end of the month. So will update with V2 once its all done

Specs:
MB: ASROCK Z170 OC Formula
CPU: Intel Skylake Core i7-6700K (Delided and OC to 4.5 for now)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair LP 3000mhz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC Edition
PSU: Coolermaster V650 (Custom cables coming Ver 2)
PSU Cables: Ordered and will be put in V2
CASE: Corsair 460x
Storage 1: Samsung evo 120 GB (OS)
Storage 2: Crcial BX100 250gb (Games)

Watercooling
CPU Block: EKWB Supremacy EVO Nickel
GPU Block: EKWB FC1080 GTX - Nickel, Full-Cover (Ver 2)
Pump: EKWB XRES 140 REVO D5 PWM Reservoir Incl. Pump
Res: EKWB XRES 140 REVO D5 PWM Reservoir Incl. Pump
Radiator 1: The Black Ice® GT Stealth 360
Radiator 2: EKWB CoolStream SE Slim 240 (Ver 2)
Tube type: Hard Line PETG
Coolant: EKWB Ekoolant EVO Blood Red (changing to Pastel white in ver 2)

BEFORE:

V1 Watercooled:
Looks great so far! thumb.gif would be good to see some pictures and temps once its all done!

Old 01-24-2017, 04:07 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in