Crystal Crystal Series 460X/570X RGB Owners Club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Crystal Crystal Series 460X/570X RGB Owners Club

post #1 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
CaptainZombie Level 1

Hello! Welcome to the Corsair Crystal Series 460X/460X RGB/570X RGB @ OCN!! If you would like to join the club, post some pics/ description of your build.

Corsair 460X Product Page

Corsair 460X RGB Product Page

Corsair 570X Product Page

Introduction:
460X - Beautifully simple and engineered to perform: the Crystal 460X has two-panel tempered glass, Direct Airflow cooling technology, is compact, expandable, and with one AF140L red LED and one AF120L fan, you can customize to your heart’s content.

460X RGB - Beautifully simple and engineered to perform: the Crystal 460X has two-panel tempered glass, Direct Airflow cooling technology, is compact, expandable, and with three SP120 RGB fans, is not afraid of the spotlight.

570X RGB - With immaculate tempered glass enclosing the entire chassis, every component of your build is on display for all to see, including three vivid SP120 RGB LED fans and a built-in LED controller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
CaptainZombie Level 1

This is my build that I worked on during New Years. Currently I am running only 3 case fans, the 140mm and a 120mm in the front. There is a 120mm fan on the AIO for the CPU pulling fresh air into the rad. My issue here is that I am pulling air in, but not doing anything to really exhaust it with fans. I am going for a Red theme, but one of my fans was a blue LED that I need to update with a red once I get my temp issues figured out.

Any recommendations on fan placement in this case? Should I load up with 3 fans in the front?

I had the 250D mini-ITX before this case so I've been out of the ATX scene for a few years.

post #3 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Linux Lobbyist
RyReZar Level 1

Hey CaptainZombie, i'm looking to move to the 460X in the coming weeks from an Air 240 and currently have a H100i and dominator platinum RAM. I heard that space is tight up top with a rad and tall RAM, did you have any difficulty with your AIO?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
CaptainZombie Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Hey CaptainZombie, i'm looking to move to the 460X in the coming weeks from an Air 240 and currently have a H100i and dominator platinum RAM. I heard that space is tight up top with a rad and tall RAM, did you have any difficulty with your AIO?

Hey RyReZar, I think you and I have about tried most of these Corsair cases. I used to have the Air 240 at one point for my main rig, now I have it for my kids PC.

I'm currently using the H75 in the 460X, but I did buy the H100i v2 a few days ago and have not had a chance to install it. I was reading that it should fit at the top. I am using Corsair Vengeance RAM. Once I get it installed, I will report back.
post #5 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Linux Lobbyist
RyReZar Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Hey RyReZar, I think you and I have about tried most of these Corsair cases. I used to have the Air 240 at one point for my main rig, now I have it for my kids PC.

I'm currently using the H75 in the 460X, but I did buy the H100i v2 a few days ago and have not had a chance to install it. I was reading that it should fit at the top. I am using Corsair Vengeance RAM. Once I get it installed, I will report back.
Haha yes you can say that again, had a 250D before the air 240 and a graphite 600t before that, loved them all so far though! Ah good stuff yeah that would be great if you could! I am thinking about going air cooled though, I hear some of the Noctua's can give the H100i a run for its money!

post #6 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
CaptainZombie Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Haha yes you can say that again, had a 250D before the air 240 and a graphite 600t before that, loved them all so far though! Ah good stuff yeah that would be great if you could! I am thinking about going air cooled though, I hear some of the Noctua's can give the H100i a run for its money!

Yeah, now I also recall you in the 250D thread, lol!

What made you move from ITX to ATX or are you using an ITX board in this?

Once I get the 100i installed I'll report back. I hope it fits on the top so I can continue to use the front fans as intakes. I almost went with the H115i, but figured if I change cases again down the road a 280mm rad could be too big with a smaller case.

There are some Noctuas that can really go toe to toe with the H100.
post #7 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 04:21 AM
Linux Lobbyist
RyReZar Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

Yeah, now I also recall you in the 250D thread, lol!

What made you move from ITX to ATX or are you using an ITX board in this?

Once I get the 100i installed I'll report back. I hope it fits on the top so I can continue to use the front fans as intakes. I almost went with the H115i, but figured if I change cases again down the road a 280mm rad could be too big with a smaller case.

There are some Noctuas that can really go toe to toe with the H100.
Yes I think I can recall you aswell!

Well after a couple of years or so with a case I like to have a look around and see whats out and when Corsair brought the 460X out, I just looked at the glass and drool.gif I dont plan on going ATX but thats my dilemma atm, I either move across my current build with an ITX board or go get new up to date mobo, cpu and ram (as my build is lga1150 with DDR3 I have no choice but to rebuy all unfortunately)

I don't really want to move an ITX board into an ATX case as I think it'll be a waste of space, but a new mobo will be Micro ATX at most.

I plan on buying these components if I do go new:

Crystal Series 460X RGB Tempered Glass PC Gaming Case

Asus ROG STRIX Z270G Kaby Lake Micro ATX Gaming Motherboard

Intel Core i5 7600K Unlocked Kaby Lake Desktop Processor/CPU

Corsair 16GB DDR4 Dominator 3000MHz LED Memory Kit

post #8 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Linux Lobbyist
RyReZar Level 1

Made a decision and just ordered the parts listed above! cant wait biggrin.gif The two rigs in my sig will be sold apart from a SSD, gtx 1070, AX860 PSU and NH-U12S cooler which I will be using in the 460X. Will take some build pictures when I get it!

post #9 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
sly cooper Level 1

Dont have pictures yet but i'm putting together my rig this week with a 460x. i'll post some pics in here once its done. i was originally going to get the 570x but after watching hardwarecanucks review of both cases, the 470x is much more thoughtfully laid out and designed. bought the one with the 1 fan last night since i already have 6 very good fans that will be finding a home in the 460x.

btw your rig looks nice captainzombie

post #10 of 455 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 06:35 AM
Linux Lobbyist
RyReZar Level 1

The bits have just arrived! ? I'm reusing a Noctua air cooler, ax860 psu, Samsung 850 evo ssd and a gtx 1070 from another build.

Got a free mouse mat and thermal paste which was nice!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in