Fitting Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 1070 into Fractal Design Node 202, case fan cooling only. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Fitting Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 1070 into Fractal Design Node 202, case fan cooling only.

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 64)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get this 1070 into a Node 202 (which I did not originally plan to do).

It's too long by about 1.5cm. The thing is, If I remove the shroud and fans from it, it would fit perfectly. Would it be OK to do this as long as I use two 120mm Noctua fans cooling it constantly? This card runs very cool, most of the time its fans don't even come on (it's semi-passive). Also note that in the Node 202, the case fans are directly underneath the graphics card heatsink.

TL;DR can two 120mm Noctua fans cool a GTX 1070 instead of its three 92mm stock fans.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

New problem: There may not be enough space in the Node 202 to have the Noctua fans installed at the same time as the graphics card is installed. Everything (except for the fans) is installed, and it's a tight squeeze but the cable management is on point.

The fans are coming in a few days, will update the thread when I can.... And yes I decided to try it even though there were no replies yet biggrin.gif

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 01:47 AM
esk
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Edge Of Pain View Post
New problem: There may not be enough space in the Node 202 to have the Noctua fans installed at the same time as the graphics card is installed. Everything (except for the fans) is installed, and it's a tight squeeze but the cable management is on point.

The fans are coming in a few days, will update the thread when I can.... And yes I decided to try it even though there were no replies yet

I have a GTX 1080 AMP Extreme coming in a few days and I was planning to use it in this case. Did you solve this problem about cooler length / removing the stock fans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by esk View Post
I have a GTX 1080 AMP Extreme coming in a few days and I was planning to use it in this case. Did you solve this problem about cooler length / removing the stock fans?
Wow, this is an old thread but yeah I got it working by removing that little support thing between the two spaces for the fans and just forcing it in there. It's scary and the case warps while you're pushing in the card.

You need to do the cable management in a very careful way so it doesn't interfere with the GPU fans.

Definitely run it with the stock fans, because these Zotac cards run semi-passive and sometimes only one of the fans spin in order to cool a specific component.

I don't recommend doing this unless you know it's going to stay in that case for a long time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in