Thermaltake View 71 build - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Thermaltake View 71 build

post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just finished my build in the View 71 and wanted to share. I haven't had a Thermaltake case in a long time and I know lately they haven't had a lot of positive things said about them, but this case was awesome to build in, with only a few qualms. The case frame is very sturdy, but the paint does scuff and scratch fairly easily, so be careful with that part of the build. Also, some of the screw heads are softer than say, Corsair, so it doesn't take much to strip them.

Being able to slide the 360 rads up or down for the front and left, right, forward and back for the top makes lining up everything a lot easier than fixed radiator mounts.The front and top panels come off and don't need to go back on until you're completely done with the build, giving you access to the whole inside of the case while you put it together. The glass doors conveniently open on hinges which makes taking them off and on and cleaning them a lot easier.

There is plenty of room on the back of the case for cable management with plenty of tie down points for some zip ties. I only wish they would've included some velcro straps. The backside of my build would look a lot nicer if it wasn't for 2 corsair lighting controllers and 2 lighting node pros. Plus, the Corsair hx750i stock cables are so freaking long that when an extension is added, the length is even more ridiculous. I have two 360mm rads, front and top, cooled with Corsair HD120 RGB fans (the fans are set to white now and not rainbow like the pic), Ek water blocks, Ek pump and a 200mm Ek reservoir. The fluid is Mayhem's Pastel White.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this case and see myself holding on to it for a long time.
P.S. The dragon is for the MSI motherboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 11:34 AM
WaterCooler

Brilliant build!! I'm toying with the idea of building in this case too. Considering "upgrading" from the Define S. The MSi dragon logo caught my eye instantly especially since one of my niggles with this case is the slotted design for a side mounted radiator that would be difficult to conceal. You did a great job with that and this build overall. May I inquire how the airflow is? Specifically through the front. I know there's a fair bit of space between the glass and case and just wondered if that caused any restrictions. thumb.gif
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Thank you!! Airflow seems to be really good. I think the wide gaps between case and windows help exhaust even more warm air. I forget what website, but there was a review between this and other all around tempered glass cases, like Corsair 570x, and this case actually came in first for lowest temperatures. Just Google "View 71" review. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stress it yet because of kids and work, but plan to do it this weekend for sure. I expect improvement right off the bat because I upgraded my 240mm rad to a 360mm for this build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 07:47 AM
WaterCooler

Post your hardware specs, if you like. I'm interested to see what kinds of temps you're getting with this setup. I have a similar config in my Drogon rig (specs in my sig). 2-360 rads, single loop cooling a stock 6700k and an overclocked 1080 all being monitored and controlled by an Aquaero 6lt. GPU temps under load average 44-45C with spikes to 47-48 (my monitor is a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide). Fan curve is based on coolant temp and set very modestly for acoustics. Fans never spin over 50% (approx. 1100rpm) and idle at 15%. I'm using the NB eloops pwm version. I'm going to mod the front panel of the Define S for better airflow since I've noticed a 2-3c drop in overall temps with the panel removed through testing. This being said, real world feedback on the performance numbers of your rig would aid me tremendously in finalizing my decision to relocate from the Define S to the View 71. Btw, that psu cover is sexy AF too biggrin.gif
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

My specs are pretty much spot on with yours.
I have a delidded 6700k with an overclocked EVGA GTX 1080. Unfortunately my 1080 is not a very good overclockers(can only go +90 on core and +250 on memory in afterburner). On my previous loop in my Corsair Air 540, my CPU temps never went above 51c and GPU never above 48c. These temps were measured with a room temp of 75F/23C. I finally get to enjoy this build this weekend, so Iwill post my temps either tomorrow or Sunday.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Nice build. I fell in love with this case at Computex and just had to redo my system in it I call it Crimson PC. I know its an overload of red but thats the point. 7700k, Asus strix 1080Ti, Asus Hero IX Z270, Hardware Labs GTR 360 front, Hardware Labs GTX 420 top, Corsair ML Fans, Singularity Computers Pump Res Combo, EK waterblocks.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So I ran Prime95, small fft, for an hour and temps never went above 51c with the fans never going above 50%. I also ran Intel tuning utility's CPU stress test with same results. When I played BF1 though, the temps spiked to 55c with GPU hitting 57c. That game is the reason I delidded my 6700k. Before delid and with 1 360mm and 1 240mm rad, the temps would spike up to 73c. Now this case absolutely does not have the airflow my old Air 540 did, but for being tempered glass all the way around, it did fairly well. It might not help much, but I'll be switching out the rear 120mm fan for a 140mm. If anything it'll make the that part of the case look a little more polished. I've always preferred rear 140mm exhaust fans. Anyway Excellentamp, I hope this helps you out. By the way, this is all done with a room temp of 75F/23C.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 09:02 AM
WaterCooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1c76 View Post

So I ran Prime95, small fft, for an hour and temps never went above 51c with the fans never going above 50%. I also ran Intel tuning utility's CPU stress test with same results. When I played BF1 though, the temps spiked to 55c with GPU hitting 57c. That game is the reason I delidded my 6700k. Before delid and with 1 360mm and 1 240mm rad, the temps would spike up to 73c. Now this case absolutely does not have the airflow my old Air 540 did, but for being tempered glass all the way around, it did fairly well. It might not help much, but I'll be switching out the rear 120mm fan for a 140mm. If anything it'll make the that part of the case look a little more polished. I've always preferred rear 140mm exhaust fans. Anyway Excellentamp, I hope this helps you out. By the way, this is all done with a room temp of 75F/23C.[/quote

thumb.gif
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 02:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Nice pics. I am currently building this case. in for updates.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Anybody managed to fit this case with 2 x 420mm (front and top) ?

I wonder how thick the radiator support is for 2x 420mm radiators

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in