Coolermaster Cosmos C700p Owners club - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Coolermaster Cosmos C700p Owners club

post #21 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 08:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranceformer View Post

Hello Again , i have a quick question as i cant decide which way to go. as the case will be here on sunday

- i am planning to install two rads in there. either (2 x 420mm EK CE) or (1 x 420 EK CE placed in the top + 1 x 360 EK XE placed in the front)

which way to go ? as you have the case will this actually work or fit ? which is the better option ?

i want to have a good space for the 8 Pin EPS in case anything happen if need to disconnect it ( jaytwocent had trouble with that) as also i am planning to use 16mm OD PETG tubes

thanks in advance

I have got the case and put one EK CE 420 in it. Like you I was thinking of putting in two EK 420 in it. I did my measurements based on 'one' EK CE 420 that I bought. Based on my measurements, it seems like you may manage to fit two EK CE 420 in it ( though you have to push and shove the 12V CPU connectors down to fit it as Jayz2Cents pointed out ) , it looks like it will be a nightmare to connect one reservoir to the another. The radiator on the top can only have it's inlet/outlet holes on the right side ( the front side of the case) and those inlet outlet holes will bump into the front standing EK 420 CE it seems. There is no way you can fit the top radiator with the inlet/out let holes towards the left hand side/ the back of the case. Other wise fitting two EK 420 CEs would have been really possible.

To me it seems like one 420 in front and one 360 is the way to go with Cosmos C700P just as the manual suggested, you can see pics of a guy who it seems have done the same in twitter here https://twitter.com/Eidelweiss. Looks like he put a 360 on top and a 420 in the front. But hey if you manage to fit two 420 CE in there and manage proper tube bendings, let me know and please put up pics please smile.gif.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by babebunny View Post

There is no way you can fit the top radiator with the inlet/out let holes towards the left hand side/ the back of the case. Other wise fitting two EK 420 CEs would have been really possible.

To me it seems like one 420 in front and one 360 is the way to go with Cosmos C700P just as the manual suggested, you can see pics of a guy who it seems have done the same in twitter here https://twitter.com/Eidelweiss. Looks like he put a 360 on top and a 420 in the front. But hey if you manage to fit two 420 CE in there and manage proper tube bendings, let me know and please put up pics please smile.gif.

Thanks very much for your reply. and pointing out your findings.

can you describe why its not possible to place the 420 radiator with its inlet/outlet at the back of the case ? what problem did you manage to face in that orientation ?

i see that the radiator bracket is symmetrical and as everyone said in the reviews that the bracket is center mounted so its not mounted to the front or to the back of the case so when i thought i said this will be good because the 420 is rather taller than the 360 radiator but it will manage to fit.

i already have 360mm radiator with integrated pump and reservoir from swiftech ( MCR320-DRIVE-R3 ) (http://img.ncixus.com/images/65367_l.jpg) as it was my first water cooling setup and it is still doing a great job

as you can see my radiator is rather taller than the normal 360 radiator as it have integrated pump and reservoir in it. in worst cases i will use that with another EK CE 420 in front and my 360 on top

based on the numbers i see on cooler master , the radiator bracket is 446mm long and the EK CE 420 is 460mm long. how is it even be able to fit ? front or top ?

i am honestly more puzzled right now

please if its possible and you can post a pic of the EK 420 CE attached to the radiator bracket ?

Thanks again
post #23 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

@babebunny

did you try this way ? https://youtu.be/tWjxpPiyNts?t=314

i guess it can work and you then mount one radiator down and one radiator on the front

strange layout indeed but i love that the case gives you many options

still waiting for the case to arrive it got delayed one more week : (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 01:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

@babebunny

did you try this way ? https://youtu.be/tWjxpPiyNts?t=314

i guess it can work and you then mount one radiator down and one radiator on the front

strange layout indeed but i love that the case gives you many options

still waiting for the case to arrive it got delayed one more week : (

Hi Tranceformer, I have not tried it in the way the Video was showing. I tried it the normal layout and in that way fitting two 420s is indeed very difficult. In a different layout, fitting two 420s may be possible, but I have not explored those options yet, so I should not comment on that.
post #25 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 02:03 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Thanks very much for your reply. and pointing out your findings.

can you describe why its not possible to place the 420 radiator with its inlet/outlet at the back of the case ? what problem did you manage to face in that orientation ?

i see that the radiator bracket is symmetrical and as everyone said in the reviews that the bracket is center mounted so its not mounted to the front or to the back of the case so when i thought i said this will be good because the 420 is rather taller than the 360 radiator but it will manage to fit.

i already have 360mm radiator with integrated pump and reservoir from swiftech ( MCR320-DRIVE-R3 ) (http://img.ncixus.com/images/65367_l.jpg) as it was my first water cooling setup and it is still doing a great job

as you can see my radiator is rather taller than the normal 360 radiator as it have integrated pump and reservoir in it. in worst cases i will use that with another EK CE 420 in front and my 360 on top

based on the numbers i see on cooler master , the radiator bracket is 446mm long and the EK CE 420 is 460mm long. how is it even be able to fit ? front or top ?

i am honestly more puzzled right now

please if its possible and you can post a pic of the EK 420 CE attached to the radiator bracket ?

Thanks again

Hi Tranceformer, the problem is not the radiator bracket, the brackets will indeed take 420 rads each, but the problem is that the top radiator bracket is forced stuck towards the left hand/back side of the case and you can not move it towards right/front of the case cause the top front is occupied by a fixed panel that houses the circuitory for the LED light bars in the case etc.If you try the Mobo in a different way , then the limitation may be overcome as noted above. But I actually want to use the top and front radiators cause that is how I have set up my fans like that. Unless I change the Mobo Layout, leave the fans as is, and use another set of fans with the rads.
post #26 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 05:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Hi Tranceformer, the problem is not the radiator bracket, the brackets will indeed take 420 rads each, but the problem is that the top radiator bracket is forced stuck towards the left hand/back side of the case and you can not move it towards right/front of the case cause the top front is occupied by a fixed panel that houses the circuitory for the LED light bars in the case etc.If you try the Mobo in a different way , then the limitation may be overcome as noted above. But I actually want to use the top and front radiators cause that is how I have set up my fans like that. Unless I change the Mobo Layout, leave the fans as is, and use another set of fans with the rads.
Quote:

i can understand your point now and after watching the videos again and again i see why its not possible to fit two 420mm rads

its just that i am calculating everything blindly because i do not have the case yet

i will update once i receive the case this week
post #27 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 02:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Is there any one who have the Cosmos C700P case that have used the EKWB Pump res Combo in it ? If so can the person please advise if EKWB pump/res fits natively in this case properly without buying any additional components or modding the case ? Surely I do not want to drill a hole in my new case.
post #28 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 03:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

hello , here is my project with this case smile.gif

Cosmos C700P
Aorus z270x Gaming 8
CPU : 7700k
1080TI HOF Watercooled Édition
32go 4*8g 3200 mhz HOF
SSD 512 go M.21
Seasonic Focus 750 Gold

post #29 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Sandvich

Rep: 7 (Unique: 4)
Do you have larger version of the last 3 pictures?
Overall it looks really nice.

Main rig: COSMOS C700P/M | MSI Krait X99 | 5820K @4.2| EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | G.Skill 32GB | Samsung 850 Evo 250G, 840 Evo 1TB & 860 Evo 1TB | V1200 | Custom EKWB cooling
post #30 of 129 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 AM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in