Coolermaster Cosmos C700p Owners club - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Coolermaster Cosmos C700p Owners club

post #1 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
diablo2allday Level 1

Here is my build on this case. Really nice to work on.

i do have a few things that annoyed me about this case. But i will get to that later.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 12:42 PM
New to Overclock.net
Tranceformer Level 1

hello ,very nice and neat build there. great cable management there thumb.gif

i have couple of questions if you can kindly help me, i am planning on buying that case so i was wondering:

1- what is your radiator thickness ? can i install EK XE 360 (60mm) with push only fans up there ? (planning on cooling the cpu only)

2- how was the mounting of the reservoir to the HDD mounting bay area ? did it need any modification ? or drilling ?

( i was planning on buying an extra single HDD bay and place the heatkiller tube on it with its stand and drill into the bay)

3 - did you use some light bars in there ? i see this case when light up from the inside it gives a very good looking due its smoked tinted glass panel:thumb:

( was planning to buy white single color LED strip from cooler master to light it up in there)
post #3 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
diablo2allday Level 1

Hi, Thanks !

1. I have a ek slim rad and a ek 48mm rad on there. there is PLENTY of rad space in this case the top clearance is pretty good. i believe jays2cents fit a 60mm ( may have been 48 ) rad on the top section of the case on a video he did recently.

2. The res i used was a xspc Photon res ( it has a vertical mounting plate which is nice for this case ) . I did not need to drill, i just used the holes that were there for the hard drives. I used different screws than what was provided but its by far the most solid res mounting i have ever done. It worked really well. i can confidently pull on the res and nothing will move. I think you can probably mount the heatkiller on a cage . It definitely wont be as sturdy as mounting it directly to the side wall though. If you can find a way to use those hardrive cage holes to mount directly onto them i would do that.

3. I used silverstone led strips which have a lightbar effect due to their non clear plastic housing.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Mystic-BIOSTAR-LS02/dp/B01MV46VAF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508019683&sr=8-2&keywords=silverstone+light

it's a big case you might need to light up one side plus top to get good lighting. The glass is also pretty dark.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
Tranceformer Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2allday View Post

Hi, Thanks !

1. I have a ek slim rad and a ek 48mm rad on there. there is PLENTY of rad space in this case the top clearance is pretty good. i believe jays2cents fit a 60mm ( may have been 48 ) rad on the top section of the case on a video he did recently.

2. The res i used was a xspc Photon res ( it has a vertical mounting plate which is nice for this case ) . I did not need to drill, i just used the holes that were there for the hard drives. I used different screws than what was provided but its by far the most solid res mounting i have ever done. It worked really well. i can confidently pull on the res and nothing will move. I think you can probably mount the heatkiller on a cage . It definitely wont be as sturdy as mounting it directly to the side wall though. If you can find a way to use those hardrive cage holes to mount directly onto them i would do that.

3. I used silverstone led strips which have a lightbar effect due to their non clear plastic housing.

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Mystic-BIOSTAR-LS02/dp/B01MV46VAF/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508019683&sr=8-2&keywords=silverstone+light

it's a big case you might need to light up one side plus top to get good lighting. The glass is also pretty dark.

Thanks alot for all those hints,

yes i saw jayztwocent video and i saw him installing XE 360 rad up there but when he mentioned he said he installed a 45mm rad then i was puzzled. i asked him on the comments there but no reply yet.

for the reservoir i have 3 mounting options , 120 or 140 fan bracket and long or short stand and lastly a basic mounting kit which i dont know will it fit into the holes of the HDD cages mount section or not

the basic mounting kit : http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30236

the stand : http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30231

nice find on that silverstone rgb led strip. as i love light bars more as it give more sleek looking this is the best of both worlds

i will use 2 of those plus there will be 3 HD120 corsair fans up there on the radiator which will give more lighting

again very thankful for your help smile.gif
post #5 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
diablo2allday Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranceformer View Post

yes i saw jayztwocent video and i saw him installing XE 360 rad up there but when he mentioned he said he installed a 45mm rad then i was puzzled. i asked him on the comments there but no reply yet.

for the reservoir i have 3 mounting options , 120 or 140 fan bracket and long or short stand and lastly a basic mounting kit which i dont know will it fit into the holes of the HDD cages mount section or not

the basic mounting kit : http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30236

the stand : http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30231

nice find on that silverstone rgb led strip. as i love light bars more as it give more sleek looking this is the best of both worlds

i will use 2 of those plus there will be 3 HD120 corsair fans up there on the radiator which will give more lighting

The fan mounts and the stand are the safe option. I think the basic mounting kit will look the best. If the screws dont line up you can just get 2 random pieces of metel that are a little longer and drill the proper holes for it. It's a little more work but it might be worth it. It probably wont be long enough now that i am looking at it so you will most likely need to do that if you go with that route.

here is how i did it. It was very simple with the photon res.

post #6 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 05:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
Tranceformer Level 1

Quote:

The fan mounts and the stand are the safe option. I think the basic mounting kit will look the best. If the screws dont line up you can just get 2 random pieces of metel that are a little longer and drill the proper holes for it. It's a little more work but it might be worth it. It probably wont be long enough now that i am looking at it so you will most likely need to do that if you go with that route.

here is how i did it. It was very simple with the photon res.

hmm yes its simple with the photon, i had so many thoughts about the reservoir model but my final decision was for the heatkiller tube honestly mainly for its aesthetics. i guess i will buy the stand and the basic mounting kit all together and decide which to use when i receive the case as the ETA to have my case is still 15 days in my country rolleyes.gif

i will go with purple color for my build , still cant decide which coolant will give me the best vibrant purple , i love the green coolant you used looks very vibrant. i am wondering are those petg tubes or acrylic ?
post #7 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
diablo2allday Level 1

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

these are petg, I used mayhems. Their UV reactive stuff has a nice glow to it even if you dont use uv lights. Im not sure if there is purple pastel from mayhems but im sure you can make it.

post #8 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 05:32 PM
New to Overclock.net
Tranceformer Level 1

Quote:

these are petg, I used mayhems. Their UV reactive stuff has a nice glow to it even if you dont use uv lights. Im not sure if there is purple pastel from mayhems but im sure you can make it.

actually yes there is purple pastel but when i saw some pics for it , i felt i need a darker purple. so i guess i will just get their purple dye and i have some dragon ice white pastel fluid and i am gonna just see how it goes there and make my own as you mentioned . i will post some pics after i am done with this . this will be my first hard tubing build . hope everything goes well

Thanks alot man
post #9 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Linux Lobbyist
kickmic Level 1

Hi all,

can anyone confirm if this case can do both a reverse AND chimney orientation simultaneously, or is either one or the other?

thanks in advance,

post #10 of 129 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist
diablo2allday Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickmic View Post

Hi all,

can anyone confirm if this case can do both a reverse AND chimney orientation simultaneously, or is either one or the other?

thanks in advance,

I think its one or the other but since the case is all screws you can probably easily mod it to do waterver you like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in