Looking for water cooling case recommendations - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for water cooling case recommendations

post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Looking for water cooling case recommendations

I'm looking for an atx mid-tower that can fit a hx850 platinum, two 360mm slim radiators or rough equivalent, e.g. 240 and 360, 280 and 360, 2x240 and 280, 2x280, etc and a watercool heatkiller tube 150 d5 comfortably. I currently have a ryzen 2600 with a strix x470-f and a 1080ti fe.

I like elegant-looking cases and I want it to have a tempered glass side window and a psu shroud. Ideally it won't cost as much as a caselabs case and won't be too big either. No super towers please. I'm ok with waiting for cases that will come out by the end of the year.

Currently I own a fractal design r6 but the ram compatibility is just a little off and I don't want to have to mutilate a fan to fit the top 360mm rad.

Here's what I've looked at so far.

Lian Li PC-011: considering
Lian Li Lancool One: considering
Phanteks Evolv X: considering
Caselabs anything: no (either too big or no tempered glass)
Thermaltake anything: iffy

Last edited by BucketInABucket; 06-29-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 41)
I think the PC-O11 and Evolv X are good shouts. The Air variant of the PC-O11 also looks interesting. I assume it's the Dynamic version you've seen... that's definitely preferable over the original PC-O11. I think that would be my own personal choice, although I'm intrigued to see how the Air performs when it's released... I prefer the look of the Dynamic though, and it's very competitively priced. It is made of steel though, not aluminium, which is what has always made Lian-Li cases so expensive in the past.

The Corsair Obsidian 500D might be worth a look also, quite smart looking, although Corsair have (yet again) made some odd design decisions with the PSU shroud which I am not a fan of.

If you were OK with something a bit more plain, the Define R6 is a very good performer, or if you wanted something more compact there is the Fractal Define Meshify C. Space is a bit limited up top, but you can fit a 280mm rad up there providing you don't have RAM/heatsinks over 40mm in height.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by atomicus View Post
I think the PC-O11 and Evolv X are good shouts. The Air variant of the PC-O11 also looks interesting. I assume it's the Dynamic version you've seen... that's definitely preferable over the original PC-O11. I think that would be my own personal choice, although I'm intrigued to see how the Air performs when it's released... I prefer the look of the Dynamic though, and it's very competitively priced. It is made of steel though, not aluminium, which is what has always made Lian-Li cases so expensive in the past.
I'm looking at both, though everyone and their mother has a dynamic since it's so good hehe.

The Corsair Obsidian 500D might be worth a look also, quite smart looking, although Corsair have (yet again) made some odd design decisions with the PSU shroud which I am not a fan of.
What annoys me about that case is how they restricted top rad compatability to 280/240 even though you can get a 360 up there logically speaking.

If you were OK with something a bit more plain, the Define R6 is a very good performer, or if you wanted something more compact there is the Fractal Define Meshify C. Space is a bit limited up top, but you can fit a 280mm rad up there providing you don't have RAM/heatsinks over 40mm in height.
I have an r6 currently, my ram's too tall which is why I'm looking for another case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 AM
Meep

Rep: 297 (Unique: 219)
Quote: Originally Posted by BucketInABucket View Post
I have an r6 currently, my ram's too tall which is why I'm looking for another case.
You can fit 2 360mm radiators in the R6 without tall ram being an issue tho. There are a bunch of examples of it without modding.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post
You can fit 2 360mm radiators in the R6 without tall ram being an issue tho. There are a bunch of examples of it without modding.
Yes I'm aware and with my specific parts it doesn't fit. I've tried with the 360mm radiator on the top in both configurations available. Maybe the strix x470-f has the ram slots slightly higher than on my old z270 gaming pro carbon because it used to just barely fit.

Last edited by BucketInABucket; 06-30-2018 at 07:35 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 53 (Unique: 43)
What about NZXT cases? they make some pretty nice mid tower ones

Anatolii
(14 items)
CPU
Intel i7 [email protected]
Motherboard
Gigabyte X99 Designare EX
GPU
EVGA 1080 Ti FE
RAM
GSkill TridentZ 64GB DDR4 3200mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Micron 1100 2TB SSD
Power Supply
Seasonic SilentSnow 1050w
Cooling
EK/Bitpower Custom Loop
Case
Caselabs White SMA8
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Samsung 55KS8500 4K
Audio
Logitech Z-5500
▲ hide details ▲
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Kiros View Post
What about NZXT cases? they make some pretty nice mid tower ones
If they come out with a H700 I'll be interested
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Bump.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 61 (Unique: 41)
Bit more info on the Air... great price!

https://www.techpowerup.com/245764/l...11-air-chassis

For cooling and looks, not sure this can be beat. Dynamic arguably looks a bit more expensive and high end, but I can't see the Air not offering better cooling.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Bit more info on the Air... great price!

https://www.techpowerup.com/245764/l...11-air-chassis

For cooling and looks, not sure this can be beat. Dynamic arguably looks a bit more expensive and high end, but I can't see the Air not offering better cooling.
Ooo yes the air, looks a bit more subdued than the dynamic does. Can't help but wonder how a distribution plate would look attached to the front...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in