Overclock.net banner

Midi case for water cooling.

563 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shilka 
#1 ·
I am on the lookout for a midi case instead of my Corsair obsidian 750D. Atm i use an I7 8700k clocked to 5GHz and i also have an overclocked GTX 1080 TI. With 2 2x120mm rads it can hold the temps ok. Not great but acceptable. But i would really like a smaller build but still being able to hold 2 2x120mm radiators. But i cant seem to find any.

#2 ·
Fractal Design Meshify C is small for an ATX case and can fit a 240 up top and a 240 up front and it's a mid tower.

If you're going to run push/pull on the front radiator your GPU might not fit depending how long it is though.

#4 · (Edited)
Well that didnt work. Problem was with the top radiator. First of i forgot it was a 280 i had and also extra thick or how you would put it. So that would mean a PC without RAM :p
But i can see even with a normal 240 rad my RAM is still in the way. They are pretty high. So im going to need to buy new RAM and rad. Also figured out i would probably run into some heat issues considering i am overclocking.
So i think im gonna go for a S2 version. I know its pretty much the same size as the Obsidian 750d but i just feel for a new case an i like the Meshify design with dark glass side panel.
That way i should have all the space i need.

Edit: I can see the S2 version have the motherboard hanging close to the top as well so i fear there is no room either. There are good room in my 750D to the top from the motherboard.
Im lost. Dont know what to get now :(

#5 ·
The S2 might still work, because the case is wider than the Meshify C.
Here are the dimensions:
Meshify C: 409 x 217 x 453mm (length x width x height)

Meshify S2: 538 x 233 x 465 mm (length x width x height)

So if the extra 16mm of width "helps" with your RAM, then you could even go 2x360, 1 in the top AND 1 in the front :)

#7 ·
Phanteks has a number of mid tower cases like the Pro M the P600 and the Evolv X just to name some of them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.