Mobo tray in my Corsair 780T flexes - dangerous to put on large air coolers? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Mobo tray in my Corsair 780T flexes - dangerous to put on large air coolers?

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
Mobo tray in my Corsair 780T flexes - dangerous to put on large air coolers?

So I've been running a Corsair AIO in a Corsair 780T case for about 3 years, and I'm thinking of switching over to a large air cooler, like the Noctua NH-D15s, to avoid any potential longevity issues with the AIO.

The thing is, Corsair cases, at least the ones built in the 780T era, seem to have pretty flimsy build quality in basically all the panels, inside and out. Here's a video clip of my motherboard tray that shows a bit of flexing (please don't mind the crappy cable management job, lol): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RcE...ehBNTNA9-/view

So... would using a large Noctua cooler on something like this be ok for my motherboard? Do most case motherboard trays flex like this, or are Corsair panels just particularly bad?

I know there is a Corsair 780T thread, but it's been months since someone posted something in there. And it seems most pictures there are mostly of AIO's, not large air coolers. I also figure it would be best to reach out to the general case community, who have experience with a ride range of cases, rather just the 780T, for wider input/experiences.

Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in