The Official Lian Li Owner's Showcase Thread - Page 496 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Official Lian Li Owner's Showcase Thread

post #4951 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 08:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
This is where I want to put my OLED temp and flow displays, I like the way it looks but I'm not 100% sure if the bend and compression fitting coming off the right side of the top display will clear the top radiator. I'll find out soon. If it doesn't I'll have to see what I can do to make it work.
Have you tried putting the compression collars on the fittings between the gpu and cpu blocks? You might not have enough straight length on the ends of the tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Since I got the idea to use the Barrow tubes from this thread, I thought I would post my progress on my rig refresh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgTA6V7.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	257640  

Name:	vZvPsuU.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	257642  

post #4953 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:52 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
You can squeeze a super thin rad in the bottom with a vert gpu but if you don't like it then you just don't like it. I'd say the rog v2 looks wider based on the attached. I also didn't notice the less restrictive more angular grates before, I'll be jealous of those.
What mount is that? Doesn't look like anything I have seen before
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4954 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 05:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by UMichHockey View Post
Have you tried putting the compression collars on the fittings between the gpu and cpu blocks? You might not have enough straight length on the ends of the tube.
Thanks but I've already finished the build. The compression collars went on fine. See page 494.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #4955 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 15)
Here's my take with the PC-O11DX

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

post #4956 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:49 AM
News Fiend

Quote: Originally Posted by tintreach View Post
What mount is that? Doesn't look like anything I have seen before
That is the pc-o11 rog v2 (or whatever they end up calling it) somehow the only decent pictures I could find were on wccf since everyone else focused on the razer coverage https://wccftech.com/lian-li-shows-o...s-at-ces-2019/

Meh '12
(13 items)
CPU
Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard
ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
XFX Fury X
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14D-16GTZSW
Hard Drive
SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro-Series
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Enterprise NAS SATA (ST4000VN0001)
Hard Drive
WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Drive WD1003FZEX
Power Supply
SEASONIC PLATINUM-860 860W RT
Cooling
Black Ice Nemesis 360GTS Radiator x2
Cooling
Monsoon MMRS Reservoir + D5 pump + mountings
Cooling
XSPC Raystorm Neo Metal
Cooling
EKWB Fury X
Cooling
Monsoon Free Center 1/2ID 3/4OD fittings + Rotaries + plug + Temp probe
Cooling
BeQuiet SilentWings 3 High Speed PWM x 9
Case
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
LG 27" IPS 27UK650
Keyboard
Massdrop CTRL
Mouse
Logitech g403
Mousepad
HAYATE KOU FX SOFT NINJA Black L
Audio
Blue Yeti Black
Audio
Massdrop x AKG K7XX
Other
LIAN LI O11D-1X ,Riser Cable and cover bracket for PC-O11D
CPU
i5 3570k
Motherboard
Z77x-UD5H
GPU
Zotac 670 GTX AMP!
RAM
G.Skill f3-2400c10D-16gtx
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 128GB
Optical Drive
Some old thing
Power Supply
Seasonic platinum 860w
Cooling
Custom water
Case
Customized Thermaltake Armor
Operating System
Win 10 pro
Monitor
Dell U2413
Keyboard
Ducky Shine
Mouse
Logi G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #4957 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Since I got the idea to use the Barrow tubes from this thread, I thought I would post my progress on my rig refresh.
Love it, the link tubes are awesome don't you think? Thick clear acrylic with even transition to the fittings! Your layout is so clean!! No ****ty looking multiple bends I love it.

Last edited by HiResJunky; 03-08-2019 at 05:11 AM.
post #4958 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by HiResJunky View Post
Love it, the link tubes are awesome don't you think? Thick clear acrylic with even transition to the fittings! Your layout is so clean!! No ****ty looking multiple bends I love it.
They are! How clean it looks is what made me fall in love with it. Since the tubes are the same size as the fittings, the lines of the tube flow into the lines of the fittings and it looks uniform. I am frosting the tubes this weekend to match the CPU monoblock and the waterway. I also want to paint the corner fittings to a matte black to match the rest of the system and get rid of those Bitspower logos. Also, hopefully Lian-Li releases the Bora Lite Digital Fans soon because those are what I plan to use along with a Razer edition case. I love my RGB but you have to do it as an accent, not a centerpiece.
post #4959 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

They are! How clean it looks is what made me fall in love with it. Since the tubes are the same size as the fittings, the lines of the tube flow into the lines of the fittings and it looks uniform. I am frosting the tubes this weekend to match the CPU monoblock and the waterway. I also want to paint the corner fittings to a matte black to match the rest of the system and get rid of those Bitspower logos. Also, hopefully Lian-Li releases the Bora Lite Digital Fans soon because those are what I plan to use along with a Razer edition case. I love my RGB but you have to do it as an accent, not a centerpiece.
Yeah that uniform transition satisfies the OCD for sure. Those bitspower dual rotary 90's are so awesome for building with the link tube but I wish they made the corner at a straight 90 instead of the 45 across. I did some searching today and found they actually do BUT the one side is slimmer than the other.

Check these out also(black no logos)... darkside and barrow have a dual rotary but it's M-F. Would just have to add a 5mm M-M spacer for them to work as good. Your pics are making me want to re-configure one of my loops! Send me a PM when you are finished I want to see final setup.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1782_BP-MB90R2LG--1024X768-1-1024x768.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	258010  

Name:	Barrow-G1-4-360-degree-Rotary-Fitting-90-degree-Dual-Rotary-Adapter-Male-to-Female-for.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	258012  

post #4960 of 4961 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:38 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by HiResJunky View Post
Yeah that uniform transition satisfies the OCD for sure. Those bitspower dual rotary 90's are so awesome for building with the link tube but I wish they made the corner at a straight 90 instead of the 45 across. I did some searching today and found they actually do BUT the one side is slimmer than the other.

Check these out also(black no logos)... darkside and barrow have a dual rotary but it's M-F. Would just have to add a 5mm M-M spacer for them to work as good. Your pics are making me want to re-configure one of my loops! Send me a PM when you are finished I want to see final setup.
Those Barrow fittings with the 5mm spacer are actually what I started with. MY OCD kicked in and didn't like how it was looking. It didn't look as clean as it does now and it minimized the leak points. Not to mention I got the Bitspower fittings for a decent price. Also, it became a pain because at the time I had to source a TON of those 5mm fittings. I am with you about that 45 degree angle on the lower side of the fitting, but it still looks cleaner than the Barrow fitting with the spacer. The Razer case is supposed to ship this Friday, so I hope to finish this build sometime next week. I am still debating whether or not to paint the corner fittings to cover up the Bitspower logos to make the build cleaner.

Last edited by UMichHockey; 03-11-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in