The Cooler Master 690 Club - Page 1655 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Cooler Master 690 Club

post #16541 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 29)
Yea, like I said, if you cut the little plastic grill off, it's more likely to fit a rad. It absolutely won't happen with the grill in place though. I can tell you that. If you're mounting an H100 rad, it's a pretty thin rad, and it should work out. Any reason you want it up there? Most of us mount the rad on the top below, and then mount the fans above it in the grill area.

"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."

"Life can never seem so real as when it faces extinction"
-U.S Marine Corporal Ron Szpond, Vietnam - 1966

SEMPER FIDELIS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16542 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 125 (Unique: 108)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkatral View Post

Yea, like I said, if you cut the little plastic grill off, it's more likely to fit a rad. It absolutely won't happen with the grill in place though. I can tell you that. If you're mounting an H100 rad, it's a pretty thin rad, and it should work out. Any reason you want it up there? Most of us mount the rad on the top below, and then mount the fans above it in the grill area.

like this. Unless you're dead set on fans on the inside? Noise difference between the two configurations is minimal.

jJ988d4GqkgWp.JPG

Also don't forget that you'll need to remove an area for the fittings.

All sorts of external n stuff n things.

post #16543 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkatral View Post

the fans in the upper side would suffocate. The top mesh is too much restrictive, like in my ex 690 I, both on Intake or exhaust.

with the rad in the top and the fans inside, blowing upwards, I think I'll get lower resistance to the air.... and better aesthesics...

Raidmax AtomiC - R5 1600 3.7ghz+ H60 // Asus Strix B450i// Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x8GB 3000mhz // GTX1060 Evga ACX2.0 // SSD m.2 Corsair MP510 // Sharkoon 500 SFX-L //
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16544 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
my cooling biggrin.gif

aJfLjU.jpg ClzlUr.jpg nvjAee.jpg m3qpLQ.jpg

post #16545 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinyair View Post

my cooling biggrin.gif
aJfLjU.jpg ClzlUr.jpg nvjAee.jpg m3qpLQ.jpg

post #16546 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

double rep ! sorry thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

post #16547 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Rust Buckets for Days

I still think ideal setup is put your fast RAD on the bottom like I did with one pair of fans and 1 pair of shrouds, then a second RAD would do great in the very top, with fans below it with half-height shrouds in between.

But a lot of the good RAD's are thicker then 25 mm (like the H100 's RAD) and wouldn't as easily fir in the very top and might need to be inside the case, in which case, I think it would be better to have fans in the top part pulling air through the RAD and our of the case.

Spoiler!

post #16548 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

I still think ideal setup is put your fast RAD on the bottom like I did with one pair of fans and 1 pair of shrouds, then a second RAD would do great in the very top, with fans below it with half-height shrouds in between.
But a lot of the good RAD's are thicker then 25 mm (like the H100 's RAD) and wouldn't as easily fir in the very top and might need to be inside the case, in which case, I think it would be better to have fans in the top part pulling air through the RAD and our of the case.

I'll do a dual rad loop, magicool PRO slim on the top, and a EK XT240 on the bottom.... I already got those...
according to one of my metric tapes, the magicool has 29mm....

I'm almost certain.... just would like to SEE someone that had it tested....

Raidmax AtomiC - R5 1600 3.7ghz+ H60 // Asus Strix B450i// Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x8GB 3000mhz // GTX1060 Evga ACX2.0 // SSD m.2 Corsair MP510 // Sharkoon 500 SFX-L //
post #16549 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Rust Buckets for Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miptzi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

I'll do a dual rad loop, magicool PRO slim on the top, and a EK XT240 on the bottom....
according to one of my metric tapes, the magicool has 29mm....

I'm almost certain.... just would like to SEE someone that had it tested....

When I put my H100 RAD up top, I only had to cut the lip between the mesh and the front HDD bay. It barely fit under the rest of the plastic though If I recall. It might fit if you remove the rest of the plastic on the top piece and leave just the mesh though.

As previously stated you might have to trim the metal case itself to allow for fittings, luckily the tubes on the H100 were relatively small and had no issues, I forget the exact clearance they had though.

Spoiler!

post #16550 of 19733 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 8)
Nothing fancy smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs go_quote.gif

Grab this Lucifer CPU cooler with a MSI Dragon motherboard with a Killer NIC, some Kingston Beast RAM, PowerColor Devil GPU, and a Be Quiet Dark Power PSU and throw it all in a Diablotek case. thumb.gif MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in