The Cooler Master 690 Club - Page 1794 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Cooler Master 690 Club

post #17931 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 7)
Excuse me while i rig my system with an air compressor for 500 C.I.M lol no fan can beat that.

Pics of my Stryker setup: http://s94.beta.photobucket.com/user/js593/library/New%20computer
D3 Character database ID - js593#1965
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17932 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 334 (Unique: 248)
Quote:
Originally Posted by js593 View Post

Excuse me while i rig my system with an air compressor for 500 C.I.M lol no fan can beat that.

I worked for a shop that did Dyno tuning on high end sports/race cars. In order to keep some of the Drag racing cars from over heating on the dyno we would use industrial
7,500-10,000 CFM floor fans pointed at the nose.

To the point! I always wanted to hook one of the smaller versions to a server case. The industrial fans use anywhere from 1k-15k CFM. They are freaking nuts.

Clicky

Another vision involves one of those fan's, and a 4 core racing radiator for a custom water cooling loop. The only problem I see is the blocks will never be able to saturate the radiator or fan.. Custom blocks would be needed.... One can dream.. Maybe one of my buddies at the machine shoppe will get bored with winter...

Yes, I spell things wrong just to drive you nuts.

post #17933 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
I think Delta might have an answer for that challenge...or perhaps Sanyo Denki or Nidec lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17934 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 23)
Hey all.. I know this is unrelated but does anyone on this thread play Battlefield 3 on PC?
post #17935 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 180 (Unique: 132)
I only play like once a week if at all anymore. I'm kind of fed up with the way the entire FPS industry has ended up. But that's another story....
post #17936 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fommof View Post

A quick question guys...
I have a spare CM690 II Advanced (it's stored in the loft and it's not easy to get it down and observe/measure the existing holes) and i wonder if it can take mini-ITX motherboards without any mods, special stand offs, spacers and so forth...
Thanks in advance.

Just finished installing my gigabyte mini-ITX mobo in the CM690 II Advanced. Just used 4 of the ATX holes, fits perfectly, no mods what so ever. wink.gif

You can just call me "Freedom"...
post #17937 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 334 (Unique: 248)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine85 View Post

Hey all.. I know this is unrelated but does anyone on this thread play Battlefield 3 on PC?

Sure do! ExWarLord.

PM me if you wanna play.

Yes, I spell things wrong just to drive you nuts.

post #17938 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 01:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine85 View Post

I do! Wanna play sometime? PM me your username!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TAl View Post

I'm kind of fed up with the way the entire FPS industry has ended up. But that's another story....

Ditto.
I think my gaming will stop at BF3 and Planetside 2. That is until they bring Halo back to PC or something...

On Topic:

Can anyone give me a professional/educated opinion on this fan?

COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex

My brother just bought 5 of these for his new build (Haven't been extensively tested yet because there's no case to fully implement them) and I've been pretty impressed. They're quiet and, of course, move a lot of air! Plus, the air is slightly more directionally-concentrated than other fans I've run across. Been debating on buying a few of these myself, but I want to know what other fans would be better/fair competitors to these. Anyone have suggestions?

Also, do you think they would work well for a CPU water cooling unit (ex. Corsair H60/H80...etc)?
post #17939 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 160 (Unique: 131)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa12585 View Post

I do! Wanna play sometime? PM me your username!
Ditto.
I think my gaming will stop at BF3 and Planetside 2. That is until they bring Halo back to PC or something...
On Topic:
Can anyone give me a professional/educated opinion on this fan?
COUGAR CF-V12HP Vortex
My brother just bought 5 of these for his new build (Haven't been extensively tested yet because there's no case to fully implement them) and I've been pretty impressed. They're quiet and, of course, move a lot of air! Plus, the air is slightly more directionally-concentrated than other fans I've run across. Been debating on buying a few of these myself, but I want to know what other fans would be better/fair competitors to these. Anyone have suggestions?
Also, do you think they would work well for a CPU water cooling unit (ex. Corsair H60/H80...etc)?

I have no personal experience but have been seeing many more people using them on their custom loop setups.

So they must be half good for rads. thumb.gif
post #17940 of 19733 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 180 (Unique: 132)
I'm using 8 of them. Had them for maybe two weeks now. They're still too loud for me when running all 8 at 1500rpm but at 1000-1100rpm theyre awesome for me. The noise isn't much at 1500rpm (don't care when gaming obviously) but I also record acoustic guitar with a large diaphragm condenser mic (which are designed to pick up minute noises and lot of natural ambiance from the room) sometimes so... I need close to silence as possible.

I also run 2 in p/p on a kuhler 620 rad. Tested them at 1500rpm vs the single stock antec fan. Got a 2-3C improvement. I had been eye balling these fans for months and when they went on sale for $9.99 on newegg I had to jump on them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in