The Antec 300/900/1200 Owners Thread - Page 457 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

The Antec 300/900/1200 Owners Thread

post #4561 of 4564 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 12:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaMod View Post
I know this thread is getting super old now, but here goes my one and only heavily modded Anctec 300. Anyone interested be sure to check out my build log in my signature.
So heavily I didn't even recognize it. If not the thread name, I'd think it's one of those fancy NZXTs. Sweet. Sooo clean it looks like those expo event rig.
My 1200 has been a dad's pc for years now collecting dust. Each time I have to go back inside it I hate it, because by modern standards the access to components ( hdd cages / fans / filters ) is horrible.
But it's still one of best airflow cases... can leave all fans on low and never care about temps

[my sig here]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4562 of 4564 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 01:11 PM
GS

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by Urik View Post
So heavily I didn't even recognize it. If not the thread name, I'd think it's one of those fancy NZXTs. Sweet. Sooo clean it looks like those expo event rig.
My 1200 has been a dad's pc for years now collecting dust. Each time I have to go back inside it I hate it, because by modern standards the access to components ( hdd cages / fans / filters ) is horrible.
But it's still one of best airflow cases... can leave all fans on low and never care about temps
Thanks dude!
It may sound funny, but I was literally "mad" when NZXT released the S340 a few years ago as it's exactly how I wanted to "mod" my 300 (part of me feel like they "steal" my idea)
But looking back, I am so glad to complete this mod, such a personal project for me, I think that's the part money can not get you.
Totally agree with you on the airflow, never had any issues with the temp even when I had it stock. It was one of the very few cases back then with bottom PSU mount and came with a nice 140mm fan on the top even with speed adjustment
post #4563 of 4564 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Kill Confirmed

Rep: 76 (Unique: 63)
Wonder why I've never seen this thread before!

I have my OG Antec 900 case that was sitting in a corner housing my Plex server and a ton of HDD's. Still doing good 10 years later! Not bad for a "budget" case.

Am planning to mod it a bit with modern case style and amenities in mind. Not sure what I'll use it for though. Maybe I'll read through the thread and find a neat use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4564 of 4564 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Thought I'd share a pretty obvious little life hack regarding Antec 900/1200 acrylic window side panel. As you know, it's held by series of screws & plastic nuts. The latter eventually crack and fall apart, and so was the case with mine. I was recently cleaning it (it serves my dad's pc now) which reminded me of the issue. During reassembly, even more of those broke lol. So I bought some 8mm M4 screws & "capped" nuts. I'm only replacing the broken/missing ones, will probably spray paint them with base/primer and then black over it. I do realize that there might be need for some additional, like, rubber grommet or something to keep it in place better and mitigate vibrations from fan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02262-Edit.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	293342  

Name:	DSC02260.jpg
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	293344  

Name:	DSC02258.jpg
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	293346  

Name:	DSC02255.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	293348  

[my sig here]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in