[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club - Page 414 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club

post #4131 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Well cats love the heat, but if you didn't have them blocking the exaust from the top of the case you might get by w/o water cooling rolleyes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4132 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 02:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 30)
Nice looking cats. How often do you have to clean their hair from your fans? Do they shed a lot? smile.gif

post #4133 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Took the top of my case apart yesterday and unless I mod it no way to fit the H110. Not impressed with the plastic brackets supplied either, why can't they be more sturdy.

I was going to say the cats don't leave too much fur in my case but I found a bit yesterday. They are now banned from sitting on my case. However enforcing the ban will be somewhat difficult frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4134 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
TPE-331. Nice rigs gunny. The transmission jack under the t10 is my kind of office decor. How much does that rig weigh?

post #4135 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Fortnite Fanatic

Rep: 163 (Unique: 140)
If it ain't broke don't fix it

I attempted to paint my motherboard tray. Everything was going smoothly until I dropped something into the fresh paint. I wasn't able to fix it with the time allotted so the windowless side panel will be used until I try again.

The case was cleaned out completely. Every few weeks I hit the filters and inside with a Datavac so there were only a few place where dust accumulated. The removable motherboard tray made cleaning and attempted painting easy.

VR machine
(17 items)
CPU
i7 4790k
Motherboard
ASUS Z97I-Plus mITX
GPU
ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Turbo
RAM
8G EVGA 1600 C9
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung T3 250GB SSD
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 550 G2
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
Corsair 250D
Operating System
Windows 10 64 bit
Monitor
Sony HW45ES Projector w 120" Acoustically Transparent Screen
Monitor
VR- HTC VIVE
Monitor
TCL 55R615
Keyboard
SteelSeries 6Gv2
Mouse
Logitech G305 wireless
Audio
Turtle Beach Stealth 700 w Wicked Cushions Earpads
Audio
Yamaha RX-V781 > Emotiva Airmotiv Speakers
▲ hide details ▲
post #4136 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 58)
CM wake up and release ver 2 already....

This case is beautiful, sturdy, has almost everything you would need in terms of features, removable motherboard tray...and the list goes on and on. Some things I would like to see in the new ver:

1. Same aluminum finish on the outside, steel on the inside
2. Removable Mobo Tray - Cant tell you how awesome this is and how helpful it is
3. Cable management holes with rubber pass through covers
4. Space for 2 x 360mm rads, maybe top and bottom or top and front
5. Movable HDD cages X 2, so that we can move rads around if required. Maybe each HDD cage can hold 3 HDD's
6. Dual PSU, with both at the bottom, but in a way that they are mounted sideways
7. Filters....removable or magnetic
8. Space for maybe a 60 mm rad with either push or pull. Push and Pull is not really required unless you are really crazy about temps. But please dont make the same mistake that was done on the Cosmos II
9. Different side panel mounting system from the original. The old one, with flimsy side panels left a lot to be desired.
10. Windows from day one.

Feel free to correct me or add to the list....
post #4137 of 4421 (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Intel Extreme 1366

Rep: 158 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamora View Post

Took the top of my case apart yesterday and unless I mod it no way to fit the H110. Not impressed with the plastic brackets supplied either, why can't they be more sturdy.

I was going to say the cats don't leave too much fur in my case but I found a bit yesterday. They are now banned from sitting on my case. However enforcing the ban will be somewhat difficult frown.gif

It would've been nice if the brackets were a form of metal as oppose to plastic. However, they seem fine for what they are as well as being stable in my system. Not sure what you can do with the cats unless there's some kind of repellent you can use on the inside/top of your case to prevent them from chilling on top.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

CM wake up and release ver 2 already....

This case is beautiful, sturdy, has almost everything you would need in terms of features, removable motherboard tray...and the list goes on and on. Some things I would like to see in the new ver:

1. Same aluminum finish on the outside, steel on the inside
2. Removable Mobo Tray - Cant tell you how awesome this is and how helpful it is
3. Cable management holes with rubber pass through covers
4. Space for 2 x 360mm rads, maybe top and bottom or top and front
5. Movable HDD cages X 2, so that we can move rads around if required. Maybe each HDD cage can hold 3 HDD's
6. Dual PSU, with both at the bottom, but in a way that they are mounted sideways
7. Filters....removable or magnetic
8. Space for maybe a 60 mm rad with either push or pull. Push and Pull is not really required unless you are really crazy about temps. But please dont make the same mistake that was done on the Cosmos II
9. Different side panel mounting system from the original. The old one, with flimsy side panels left a lot to be desired.
10. Windows from day one.

Feel free to correct me or add to the list....

I personally just want a case that would accommodate almost every known feature of my own needs while having something original on its own...at the right competitive price point. The price is what's going to be the major factor since many cases these days have pretty decent features. If Cooler Master decides to make a case that would surpass the ATCS 840 or make something new and original of their own then it will have to be as good if not better than the Corsair 900D from what I've seen so far. There's also the option of something from CaseLabs for complete customization.

As for your list...

1. I agree. A full black internal might be a bonus. The painting finish should have a layer to prevent dust/scratch/finger/grease marks.
2. Should have dual holes to support HPTX motherboards for easy access to the CPU socket brackets.
3. At least have some rubber protection so there's no accidents like exposed cut cables
4. Top and front sounds great. Bottom should be dedicated to the power supply.
5. The six drive bays is one of the main attractions for me. I would personally take three hot-swap cages that hold four drives each.
6. As mentioned before and I agree with the support for a special mounting system. One horizontal or two vertical power supplies.
7. Magnetic would be awesome as the plastic clip holders are fragile. Hopefully they don't mistakenly put the PSU filter on the inside.
8. I think a taller tower to house thicker radiators or push-pull setups is a great idea. Scared of cost though.
9. Thicker side panels with better mounting would be nice. Still worried about the cost.
10. I personally despise side-panel windows but having it as a second option would be nice. I would rather have extra side fan mounts.

With everything said I still want it to have...

1. At least ten expansion slots since I always use all seven of mine.
2. A powerful fan controller (at least six 40watt channels) or none at all.
3. Of course USB 3.0 support on the front/top panel.
4. Removable caster wheels or very strong handles similar to the Cosmos/Cosmos II.
5. Continue to use Non-LED stock fans while skipping the 140mm fan mounts if it drives up cost.

Pretty much all the features the current Corsair 900D seems to have but at a better price.

Ai
(42 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 990X @ 4.4GHz
Motherboard
eVGA E760 X58 Classified
GPU
2x eVGA GeForce 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
RAM
Corsair Dominator GT 6x4GB (24GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 2TB
Hard Drive
Intel 320 Series 600GB
Hard Drive
6x Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB (RAID-6)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x500GB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x1TB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x2TB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x3TB (RAID-50)
Optical Drive
LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray Burner
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified
Cooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II
Cooling
Swiftech MCR320
Cooling
10x DarkSide Gentle Typhoon (2150rpm/68cfm)
Cooling
3x Sanyo Denki 9G1212G401 (4400rpm/130cfm)
Case
Cooler Master ATCS 840 (Modded)
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
2x Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide LED IPS G-Sync Monitor
Monitor
Sony KDL50W800C 50" Smart 3D LED HDTV
Keyboard
Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard Brown Switches
Mouse
Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
Mousepad
XTracPads Ripper XXL Desktop Gaming Mat
Audio
HT Omega Claro II 7.1
Audio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System
Audio
Blue Yeti Pro Microphone
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm Headphones
Audio
Beyerdynamic Premium Tesla Hi-Fi T70 Headphones
Audio
Beyerdynamic A2 Headphone Amplifier
Audio
Sony HTST9 7.1 Sound Bar
Other
Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
Other
Areca ARC-1260 RAID Controller Card
Other
2x Lamptron Power Controller CF525
Other
Lian Li EX-H34B Hot Swap Cage
Other
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
Other
D-Link Amplifi Cloud Router 5700
Other
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910
Other
AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub
Other
Saitek ST290 Pro Joystick
Other
Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0
▲ hide details ▲

post #4138 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 312 (Unique: 259)
Has anyone determined as to whether a 280mm radiator will fit on top of this case? I know a 360 will fit, yet they haven't quite made it that far with the all in one units yet.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. For it is elevating someone to a new level of understanding, furthering awareness."

"Always question the recieved reality, the consensus reality is often intentionally misleading"

"No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced."

Thermal Compound Application Instructions:
Click Here for Guide

post #4139 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 58)
Should fit, though you would need to fabricate your own holder
post #4140 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Any places online to buy covers for the 5.25" external drive bays?

I have fewer optical drives now and need to cover the hole.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in