[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club - Page 415 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club

post #4141 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 03:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 58)
You may want to chck wit the CM store in your country. If thats not available, then try the Lian Li bezels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
It's still almost enough.

Updated. Only added 2 members since February, guess these things are getting harder to find, or less popular, or both... frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post

You may want to chck wit the CM store in your country. If thats not available, then try the Lian Li bezels.
I don't think those would fit, actually.

Combined air and water cooling tips: Fan database | My San Ace 9G1212H1011 review | Don't mix metals or use premixes / dyes | Distilled vs. tap water | Good radiator brands | Water (almost) can't flow too fast | Which PT Nuke to use | Regarding thermal paste spreading
Deep Blood
(15 items)
Soft Sentinel
(13 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 920 D0 (Batch # 3901A240)
Motherboard
Foxconn X58 Blood Rage (non-GTI)
GPU
Sapphire Vega 64 8GB
RAM
6GB Corsair Dominator 1.6GHz TR3X6G1600C8D Rev 3.2
Hard Drive
Samsung SSD830 128GB / Seagate 640GB+2TB+2x4TB
Optical Drive
Samsung SH-S223Q 22X
Power Supply
Antec HCPP-850
Cooling
XTTH | OCZ Freeze | 9G1212H1011
Case
CaseLabs SM8
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Monitor
Dell U2410f (rev. A02)
Keyboard
Code 104 w/O-rings + Vortex PBT/POM doubleshot keycaps
Mouse
Roccat Kone EMP w/Dechanic Mini pad
Audio
Asus Xonar DX / Klipsch RM-14s + Dayton DTA-120 / MXL Tempo
Other
Microsoft Lifecam Cinema
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6320
Motherboard
Intel DP35DP
GPU
XFX GeForce 7600GT
RAM
2GB Mushkin DDR2 800 5-5-5-12
Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical Drive
Asus 18x multi-burner
Power Supply
Enermax Liberty 400w modular
Case
Rosewill R5604-TBK
Operating System
Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit
Monitor
Samsung LN-S2351W
Keyboard
Ideazon MERC
Mouse
Logitech MX-518 (rev.2; 1800 DPI [no Teflon feet])
Mouse
Xtrac Pads Ripper
▲ hide details ▲

post #4143 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys,
I finally got a case going
I'm not the best with cable management, I know, still lots to do, but made a start. I need to work on hiding more of the sata, power & fan cables
Ive got sound card in between graphics cards, I couldn't get sound cable or molex to go over, so i just put them through
I need to get long sata cable to push them behind the tray
Need to get extension for PCIE cables to put them behind also
Case 1.jpg 767k .jpg file Case 2.jpg 918k .jpg file Case 3.jpg 790k .jpg file Case 4.jpg 789k .jpg file Case 5.jpg 682k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Case 1.jpg (767.0 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg Case 2.jpg (917.7 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg Case 3.jpg (789.9 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Case 4.jpg (788.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg Case 5.jpg (682.1 KB, 158 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4144 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Henners. Well the cabling isn't "artwork pretty" but I'm a functional, nobody's gonna see it anyway kinda Old Guy. It's not so bad to start with, but a little tidying and it doesn't look like it would impede airflow. Here's my case cabling, before the GPU and other expansion cards. The GPU does not have a power cable to the PSU so that's not a cabling issue.

DSC_0008.JPG 2634k .JPG file

I found that routing behind the tray and also tying cables down behind the tray controls the clutter.

DSC_0013.JPG 2585k .JPG file

Have you tested temps with and without the extra two fans inside the lower drive bays? I've wondered if the two fans blowing in and the bottom fan blowing up creates some turbulence that disrupts airflow to the top exhaust fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0008.JPG (2.57 MB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0013.JPG (2.52 MB, 17 views)

post #4145 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 06:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Howdie all, can you sign me up as Cool Master ATCS 840 club member. I have finally got around to posting my pics, as I have got my case completed with the components I wanted. As far as the rating of this case, I would think that it would be one of the best, and pretty hard to come close to it, with most modern cases today. There are a few flaws which could be rectified (which goes with practically any case) but all and all it looks eloquent and is a dream to work on...just love it. Still got some cable management to do (sleeving) and try to hide more wires. The only mod I have done is reverse the cage that the power supply sits on, (if a fan is mounted in front of the power supply,on the bottom the screen is not accessible for cleaning), so now the screen can be pulled out from the back of the case. (there is a guy on YouTube that shows you how to do it with this case, should you be interested)

post #4146 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 11:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Nice smile.gif
Ya, I got lots work to to do still

How do you & the other guys here get the sata cables so straight out from the mobo to around the cage?

The other thing is the front connection cables, need to work out how to get more around behind

Oh, about the fans,
Well, I've tried something different, all those are intakes tongue.gif
The only exhaust fan is the one behind CPU cooler & I get better temps
Before my CPU/GPU would idle around 35-40 mark, load temps 50 CPU, 65 GPU

Now, both idle at 28-30, CPU Load 45, GPU 55

I have tried the following & got worse for each
Both Top exhaust
Front Top Intake
Removing those 2 behind the cage
etc etc

We don't have air con at our place & it does get faily warm during the day, so getting better temps, so sticking with this
I put filters on the top & extra at the front
post #4147 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Fortnite Fanatic

Rep: 163 (Unique: 140)
Welcome new ATCS 840 club members! cheers.gif

VR machine
(17 items)
CPU
i7 4790k
Motherboard
ASUS Z97I-Plus mITX
GPU
ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Turbo
RAM
8G EVGA 1600 C9
Hard Drive
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
Hard Drive
Samsung T3 250GB SSD
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova 550 G2
Cooling
Corsair H60
Case
Corsair 250D
Operating System
Windows 10 64 bit
Monitor
Sony HW45ES Projector w 120" Acoustically Transparent Screen
Monitor
VR- HTC VIVE
Monitor
TCL 55R615
Keyboard
SteelSeries 6Gv2
Mouse
Logitech G305 wireless
Audio
Turtle Beach Stealth 700 w Wicked Cushions Earpads
Audio
Yamaha RX-V781 > Emotiva Airmotiv Speakers
▲ hide details ▲
post #4148 of 4421 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners View Post

How do you & the other guys here get the sata cables so straight out from the mobo to around the cage?

Henners, if you look at my second pic above (from behind the MOBO tray) you'll see at the front side of the vertical case frame which is just in front of the tray I did a simple little mod with an aluminum angle with holes drilled in it for thin cable ties. I spaced those holes specifically for the SATA cables so they could be tied down straight out from the MOBO and lying flat. One goes up behind the tray and through the cable hole in the tray to the SSD which is mounted to the front of the tray. (You can see that in the first pic). Three other SATA cables (blue) go to two HDDs and one optical drive in the upper 5.25" bays. Another SATA cable (red) goes to the e-SATA port on the top I/O panel.

In that second pic you can also see the cables from the top I/O routed in the back and in the first pic you can see the fan controller cable coming up from behind the tray to the bottom of the MOBO (a short exposed path). Generally I tried to route cables where they would be out of site and/or could be tied down to case frames or struts. I think some of the small fan cables were even routed between the MOBO and the tray.

post #4149 of 4421 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 PM
OlderBuilder

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Hi Everyone,

First, had to open my 840 for a rebuild and discovered this thread/"club"...it's helped a lot. In reading the helpful posts, I would like to be a member of the ACTS 840 club. I just love this case, which by the way, is the only re-usable component I could use for the Intel workstation I'm building. Hopefully, this will be my last one for a while:D.

First, due to where my system is located, the room starts boiling by mid-afternoon and doesn't cool off until after 8 pm!!! I live in an older house where my study gets the rising sun and there's NO air conditioning...so I had to change the CPU cooler from the Antec H2O 920 to Swiftech's H220, as well as add different case fans for exhaust [in addition to taking off the ill-thought-out interior filters]. Also, I'm having a devil of a time with my cable management--both inside and out!

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions with managing all the cables I have. Not only does it look bad, but they reduce air flow and those outside can cause shots due to weight on some [even though I try to keep them off each other].

Thanks,
Programming Kat
OR...oldAMDnew2Intel

post #4150 of 4421 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Intel Extreme 1366

Rep: 158 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldAMDnew2Intel View Post

Hi Everyone,

First, had to open my 840 for a rebuild and discovered this thread/"club"...it's helped a lot. In reading the helpful posts, I would like to be a member of the ACTS 840 club. I just love this case, which by the way, is the only re-usable component I could use for the Intel workstation I'm building. Hopefully, this will be my last one for a while:D.

First, due to where my system is located, the room starts boiling by mid-afternoon and doesn't cool off until after 8 pm!!! I live in an older house where my study gets the rising sun and there's NO air conditioning...so I had to change the CPU cooler from the Antec H2O 920 to Swiftech's H220, as well as add different case fans for exhaust [in addition to taking off the ill-thought-out interior filters]. Also, I'm having a devil of a time with my cable management--both inside and out!

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions with managing all the cables I have. Not only does it look bad, but they reduce air flow and those outside can cause shots due to weight on some [even though I try to keep them off each other].

Thanks,
Programming Kat
OR...oldAMDnew2Intel Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hello. Welcome. I'm not sure on the way you setup your airflow orientation but those fans behind the drive bays I feel should be pulling air from the front intake without those dust filters. If you're just using them as substitutes for fan grills to protect your cables then you should get rid of them and get actual fan grills. Even if they are oriented the other way...you should just get rid of them since dust filters are meant for all external intake fans in my opinion. Cable management in general requires lots of time, patience, and research. Grab yourself some Velcro ties, zip ties, or stickies...these are going to be your friends when you start putting everything together. If you have the white cable tying stick-ons (whatever they're called) that came with the case itself then that's even better....you just have to choose wisely in where you end up putting them. I used to have the same Cooler Master drive cage you have but got rid of it since it made cable management even more tough...I still put in the work though.

The ATCS 840 size itself made cable management very difficult but in your case...you really need to pull those cables toward the back of your motherboard tray. That's why our cases have a decent gap on the right side panel (to hide cables behind). Having more equipment myself made it easier for me to hide cables but if you are really serious about managing your cables then do what is necessary to route cables if it means purchasing longer cables, extenders, or generally better hardware (my new power supply made things easier).

Here's the old setup of mine using the current drive cage you have now...
001al.png
001bm.png
001cx.png
001di.png

Then some old pictures of my current setup...
002av.png
002bk.png
002cjc.png

I'm going to be water cooling my CPU soon so I'll post pictures of the new setup when I get everything together (a couple weeks or longer). I hope those pictures can give you an idea of how you may be able to route cables.

Ai
(42 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7 990X @ 4.4GHz
Motherboard
eVGA E760 X58 Classified
GPU
2x eVGA GeForce 1080 Ti FTW3 Gaming
RAM
Corsair Dominator GT 6x4GB (24GB)
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 PRO 2TB
Hard Drive
Intel 320 Series 600GB
Hard Drive
6x Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB (RAID-6)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x500GB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x1TB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x2TB (RAID-50)
Hard Drive
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x3TB (RAID-50)
Optical Drive
LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray Burner
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified
Cooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II
Cooling
Swiftech MCR320
Cooling
10x DarkSide Gentle Typhoon (2150rpm/68cfm)
Cooling
3x Sanyo Denki 9G1212G401 (4400rpm/130cfm)
Case
Cooler Master ATCS 840 (Modded)
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
2x Alienware AW3418DW 34" Ultrawide LED IPS G-Sync Monitor
Monitor
Sony KDL50W800C 50" Smart 3D LED HDTV
Keyboard
Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard Brown Switches
Mouse
Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse
Mousepad
XTracPads Ripper XXL Desktop Gaming Mat
Audio
HT Omega Claro II 7.1
Audio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System
Audio
Blue Yeti Pro Microphone
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm Headphones
Audio
Beyerdynamic Premium Tesla Hi-Fi T70 Headphones
Audio
Beyerdynamic A2 Headphone Amplifier
Audio
Sony HTST9 7.1 Sound Bar
Other
Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro
Other
Areca ARC-1260 RAID Controller Card
Other
2x Lamptron Power Controller CF525
Other
Lian Li EX-H34B Hot Swap Cage
Other
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
Other
D-Link Amplifi Cloud Router 5700
Other
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910
Other
AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub
Other
Saitek ST290 Pro Joystick
Other
Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in