My very first and simple loop completed. I ended up starting earlier than expected since I pulled an all-nighter (never again). I was doing some maintenance and cleanup during the whole process as well. Everything ended up taking about I'm guessing ~12 hours or so. I seriously underestimated the sheer size of the push/pull setup with the radiator. I actually had to take apart everything and remove the motherboard tray to put it in (lots of time wasted in thinking I could've put it in with all equipment put back together). More time wasted when I forgot to put the silver killcoil in where it was a serious pain trying to remove my compression fitting. Tried my best not to damage the tubing so I wouldn't have to worry about wasting it. Sadly I ended up scratching some of the fittings when trying to tighten them but isn't that normal?
That wasn't the end of it (in this case the reservoir extension that's part of the radiator) where the extension was a bit longer than I thought to fit at the top (about ~3mm extended out of the case). The little remedy I found for it was to remove the top power supply cover (the one that has two water cooling tubing holes) and it actually looks awesome. Plus If I have to refill the loop then I have that opening in the back when necessary.
When I had the tubing together, that's when I started filling the loop and tested it for about 2 hours on its own. I was actually scared of damaging the pump because I couldn't see that well if the water was going through or not (the tubing red color was a really thick color). I started noticing the difference though...some swishing noises when there were air bubbles in the loop (I think). Then just minor humming when the loop was completely filled. After some real experience with the pump noise...I found it to be a minor thing and just left it at 100%.
So as I've said...2 hours in testing for leaks with the standalone loop. I then finally put the loop in completed with my system and decided to do some real testing. Put in some paper towels and proceeded to run LinX test to put the CPU and RAM at 100% load. After about 15 hours of testing and some gentle tugging and messing around with the tubing...everything seems to be fine so I'm hoping that's enough for my system. Not a big difference with my last photo but here's quick picture of the system with the CPU loop now...
...and I'm hoping it will continue to run fine. Only things I will worry about is if anything happens to cause a leak, how long it will take for any type of corrosion to occur, and the fact that I'll have to completely tear down the system to really clean the radiator well of dust (but I'm sure I can manage some daily external dusting). I'll have better pictures up when I can for a better look but maybe after I'm done doing some thorough testing of this new setup. Hope you enjoyed reading this long water cooling experience story.