[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 2467 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

View Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case
Great 929 49.87%
Good 573 30.76%
Meh 226 12.13%
Bad 27 1.45%
SUX 108 5.80%
Voters: 1863. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club

post #24661 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 09:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 27)
Don't forget....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan1171 View Post

Change the facts:
I'm going for a core i5 2500k, Asus Rog gene V and 8 gigs of Vengeance ram.
Total costs: 400 euro's!

I'm really liking the i7-3820 / LGA2011..
That will be in a few months.. biggrin.gif The SABERTOOTH_X79is what is going to hold that baby!!!!!!!!!! thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24662 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
nitrousoxide10, thanks for the reply! I'll keep that in mind. Lutro0's guides are very nice, though I must admit that sleeving sure looks complicated for someone who's never done it before, especially with new parts! Very informative. smile.gif

Branish, I've looked through the first 228 pages of this thread now and counting... Still no sign of a detailed enough guide for the LED light power button mod I'm looking for. This is the closest "walkthrough" that I have found so far... I still find myself starving for more details though because I've never done this before. I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do before I start hacking apart my new stuff. frown.gif

GoodInk, thank you too for the response! I checked out that LED myth link but it still leaves me somewhat puzzled. You mention that the button would work with modding - do you happen to know where I might find details about modding the fans to work with the LED power button? I had already seen the link to modelersbrand.com while browsing the site but appreciate the tip for sure! I'll definitely look into those.

-

So I've checked and found that the R4 is 3-pin, so it can connect to the mobo. I'm still not sure if it will allow for automatic control straight from the mobo. The downside to it being 3 pin is that I have no idea how I'd mod it to work properly with the LED light power button.

I've read that someone used AC Ryan Blackfire fans since they came with separate LED connectors but I haven't found any recent information about these fans yet...

Alternatively, I have found these fans quite pleasing to the eye and was wondering if they’d be any easier to make the LED light power button work with these instead:
Phobya Nano-2G 12 PWM Silent 1500rpm Red LED Double Blade (120x120x25mm)

Another thing to note is that I’d love to be able to control all LED/light sources within the case from the LED light power button… Fans, LED strips, whatever else.

Any help you guys could give me with regards to that LED light power button mod would be really appreciated - it's all that's stopping me from placing my order. I would normally check myself but I'm having difficulty finding the time to browse through all the good stuff on this site from work.

I think I'm coming down with modder fever. Soooo many nice rigs in this thread and I can't wait to start on my very own! thumb.gif
post #24663 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 236 (Unique: 117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddax View Post

nitrousoxide10, thanks for the reply! I'll keep that in mind. Lutro0's guides are very nice, though I must admit that sleeving sure looks complicated for someone who's never done it before, especially with new parts! Very informative. smile.gif

Branish, I've looked through the first 228 pages of this thread now and counting... Still no sign of a detailed enough guide for the LED light power button mod I'm looking for. This is the closest "walkthrough" that I have found so far... I still find myself starving for more details though because I've never done this before. I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do before I start hacking apart my new stuff. frown.gif

GoodInk, thank you too for the response! I checked out that LED myth link but it still leaves me somewhat puzzled. You mention that the button would work with modding - do you happen to know where I might find details about modding the fans to work with the LED power button? I had already seen the link to modelersbrand.com while browsing the site but appreciate the tip for sure! I'll definitely look into those.

-

So I've checked and found that the R4 is 3-pin, so it can connect to the mobo. I'm still not sure if it will allow for automatic control straight from the mobo. The downside to it being 3 pin is that I have no idea how I'd mod it to work properly with the LED light power button.

I've read that someone used AC Ryan Blackfire fans since they came with separate LED connectors but I haven't found any recent information about these fans yet...

Alternatively, I have found these fans quite pleasing to the eye and was wondering if they’d be any easier to make the LED light power button work with these instead:
Phobya Nano-2G 12 PWM Silent 1500rpm Red LED Double Blade (120x120x25mm)

Another thing to note is that I’d love to be able to control all LED/light sources within the case from the LED light power button… Fans, LED strips, whatever else.

Any help you guys could give me with regards to that LED light power button mod would be really appreciated - it's all that's stopping me from placing my order. I would normally check myself but I'm having difficulty finding the time to browse through all the good stuff on this site from work.

I think I'm coming down with modder fever. Soooo many nice rigs in this thread and I can't wait to start on my very own! thumb.gif

Sounds like you need to make a terminal block and a relay switch. These links will help.
https://www.overclock.net/t/525009/official-the-coolermaster-storm-scout-club/19110#post_12693359
https://www.overclock.net/t/525009/official-the-coolermaster-storm-scout-club/17060#post_11974926 (I just sent virus a PM that his pics are down)
https://www.overclock.net/t/525009/official-the-coolermaster-storm-scout-club/5460#post_8468458

BTW this is all in the OP under Tips and Tricks thumb.gif

As for modding the fans, try this
http://www.instructables.com/id/Lighted-Fan-Light-Switch/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24664 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks GoodInk! FYI, the links in the OP under the tips and tricks section, along with many others, don't actually work properly right now. I gave you guys a heads up about that in my first post and then started sifting through the entire thread. I made it to about page 350 now. On that note, I'd also like to mention that the terminal block video from the OP no longer works - apparently, the user deleted their account.

I hope this works, but at a glance it looks very helpful so I'll cross my fingers. I'm going to read up on it now and I'll get back to you. Thanks again!
post #24665 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 128 (Unique: 63)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

March's Best Picture of the Month
Congratulations nitrousoxide10

Past Months

February 2012
Branish

WOW Guys... I love the Re injection of Life on here.. Great Picture of one of the Greatest Cases in the World.

Lt. General. Great Job sir. Great Job.
post #24666 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddax View Post

Thanks GoodInk! FYI, the links in the OP under the tips and tricks section, along with many others, don't actually work properly right now. I gave you guys a heads up about that in my first post and then started sifting through the entire thread. I made it to about page 350 now. On that note, I'd also like to mention that the terminal block video from the OP no longer works - apparently, the user deleted their account.

I hope this works, but at a glance it looks very helpful so I'll cross my fingers. I'm going to read up on it now and I'll get back to you. Thanks again!

Virus updated his post biggrin.gif as for the video not much I can do about that one rolleyes.gif Remember you have to wait until the page is fully loaded before clicking on the the Tips and Tricks or it will just put you back to the top of the page, and that first page can take a while to load, there are a ton of pics on it. Right now the only broken link is the SSD one.
post #24667 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrixzero View Post

Lt. General. Great Job sir. Great Job.

Thanks just caring on what others start biggrin.gif

BTW SSD Link is fixed
I removed the spoiler tags and made links to the link tongue.gif
post #24668 of 28622 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in