[Official] Corsair Graphite Club [780T/760T/730T/600T/380T/230T] - Page 123 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Corsair Graphite Club [780T/760T/730T/600T/380T/230T]

post #1221 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 178 (Unique: 144)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drum corp 24;13453313 
soon to be proud owner of Corsair 600T case. I wanna ask you "experts" about changing the 200mm fans (front and top). Will it make any difference and what fans should I take for moving a lot of air? Thanks!

If you are planning to replace the front 200mm fan, be aware that if the fan you chose is more than 20mm thick, you may have to move the front bottom drive cage back. I put a NZXT 200mm fan in there and I had to trim the front "curl" off of the bottom drive cage to fit the fan and avoid moving the cage back toward the rear. Also, the thicker fans will not fit in the 200mm fan bracket Corsair used for the front fan. You'll have to mount directly to the front grill.

Of course, that means you will have to use ties to mount a different fan, or drill holes. I found I could get the top two holes to match two of the grill holes, so I just used screws in the top holes. The drive cage actually presses against the bottom of the front fan and keeps it tight against the case.

Personally, if it's an option for you, you should just wait for Corsair to sell the newer faster fans and pick a couple of them up. At least then you can mount the new fan the same way as the old fan.

CesarNYC:

"Now if my color scheme in my case was not such an eyesore"

Hey, your interior looked sweet man. I can't wait to see how it looks now.

I just got a big rebate cheque from my auto insurance company, and I am replacing my two video cards (HD 4870 x 2) with 2 x Sapphire HD6950. Going to be fun fun fun.

I have to point out to the fellows talking about the fan controller (and to Corsair): When I was looking for a case, I picked the 600T in spite of the fan controller. I actually believe that big fat knob on the top of the case looks really ugly. I have seen the same approach on other companies cases and I have yet to see one I think looks good. All the other features of the case, the cable management, removable drive cages, space for a rad under the top grill, roomy interior and the overall look of the case are what convinced me this case is what I wanted. The decision would have been easier if it didn't have this big ugly knob in the middle of the top. I firmly believe the knob could have been quite a bit smaller and more discrete. Considering how I've heard it doesn't control very well anyway, and how some people have killed it using fans that draw more power, I feel this case would have been a much better case without any built-in fan controller.

However, if the control was not a big fat ugly knob, I may have a different opinion. Perhaps a nice small slider, or even better a touch slider, just something that looks like a painted strip but is actually a little capacitive touch screen (or resistive). I know this stuff might cost a little more, but honestly anything would be better than that big ugly knob.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1222 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 37)
I got the Optional side panel today, it was ship pretty solid, here are some pictures i have took of the window and fan mesh. I am going to keep it with the fan mesh cause of my 480s.

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

CPU : i7 8700K
GPU : GTX 1080TI
MB : MSI M5 GAMING
PSU: EVGA G2 1000
Cooling Custom :EK-FC GeForce GTX FE/EK-Supremacy EVO
post #1223 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
personally i like tis color, like copper mix aluminium?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1224 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 06:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 149 (Unique: 134)
I was bored so I did some testing on the fan controller. Sorry if this has already been posted.

TFY4N.jpg
1b2LI.jpg
euZfh.jpg
fHfyY.jpg
OFQLt.jpg
9ieDG.jpg
post #1225 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by compudaze;13484505 
I was bored so I did some testing on the fan controller. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Dont know if it has but +1! Thank you tons.
post #1226 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
***der

Rep: 181 (Unique: 139)
Quote:

Great work Compudaze!!! +1
post #1227 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Yea thx Compudaze, that exactly verifies that the last bit does the most change.

post #1228 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 12:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 35)
made some ajustments to the build last night and thought I would upload some nice big pics..

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

the crossfire bridge is back on now wink.gif

post #1229 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 15 (Unique: 15)
I wish i knew about this case before I got my Storm scout... sigh.
post #1230 of 18241 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergatroid;13483620 
...Hey, your interior looked sweet man. I can't wait to see how it looks now.

I just got a big rebate cheque from my auto insurance company, and I am replacing my two video cards (HD 4870 x 2) with 2 x Sapphire HD6950. Going to be fun fun fun.
Sounds good brother, let me know if and when you OC them what type of clocks you see. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to get them stable and would like to compare notes. Pics are inbound...
Quote:
Really useful, plus 1 rep. How do you measure, with a volt meter right? I am also curious to understand how to measure how much wattage your pulling from your PSU, what instrument do you need to measure that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorg;13487342 
made some ajustments to the build last night and thought I would upload some nice big pics..
wink.gif

That is so clean, I am jealous of how neat your drive bay wiring is. Clearing the hard drive cages really makes the case look wide open too. The only thing stopping you from perfection is that stray wire from the pump over the ram sticks, sorry to nitpick but your too close to perfect....

Anyone that has moved the drives into he 5.25 bays, what temps do you see in SMART? My spinning drive never goes above 32C and wonder if moving it away from the fans will cause a dramatic change in temps....

Cole me on the panny sty. -Pootie Tang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in