[Official] Fractal Design Case Club - Page 1699 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Fractal Design Case Club

post #16981 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:22 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 817 (Unique: 549)
Quote: Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
Does anyone know if the front page panel Define R6 and S2 are swappable? I’m thinking of getting one for my S2 if it fits. I noticed that my water temps drop a few degrees if I remove my front panel on the S2. If I can just open a door when I need to, that would be awesome.
It should be based off the holes , I'd contact support before ordering a door though

This should be the door: https://www.fractal-design-shop.de/D...-Front-Schwarz

front filter: https://www.fractal-design-shop.de/D...-vorne-Schwarz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s2 vs r6 frame.png
Views:	32
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	256906  

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Last edited by AlphaC; 03-03-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16982 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 15 (Unique: 14)
Quote: Originally Posted by Zammin View Post
I just noticed today that my Define S2 appears to have come with a large, yet shallow dent in the front panel. It's difficult to see at certain angles due to the brushed metal and the way the light hits it but when I stand back at a distance it becomes very noticeable. I tried my best to capture it on my phone but because I had to stand back I needed to use the horrible digital zoom which hurts the image quality. Has anyone else got this defect on there S2 or R6? Does this dent qualify for a replacement front panel? I would have expected it to be flat, being brand new and all. I tried removing the front panel to see if I could push it from the other side to straighten it out but it won't change at all. I can feel it when running my hand over it as well. I haven't had much luck so far with my Fractal vertical mount kit requiring modification for my GPU to fit properly and now this dent on my new S2 :/
I'd get in touch with our support team over at support.fractal-design.com. If your new case came with a warped or dented panel then that certainly sounds like a warranty issue to me. They'll be able to help sort out the vertical GPU installation as well.
post #16983 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fractal Design View Post
I'd get in touch with our support team over at support.fractal-design.com. If your new case came with a warped or dented panel then that certainly sounds like a warranty issue to me. They'll be able to help sort out the vertical GPU installation as well.
That's okay I've already fixed the GPU mount issue with some washers as I posted a while back, didn't have time to wait for a replacement that may or may not have fixed the issue since I was already mid build. But yeah I have opened another ticket with support the other day, just waiting for them to respond. Thanks for the reply.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16984 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 06:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

That's okay I've already fixed the GPU mount issue with some washers as I posted a while back, didn't have time to wait for a replacement that may or may not have fixed the issue since I was already mid build. But yeah I have opened another ticket with support the other day, just waiting for them to respond. Thanks for the reply.
Hey I opened the above mentioned ticket 3 days ago and haven't gotten a response yet, any chance you could ask someone at support to check my ticket when you get a moment? The ticket number is #71270. Last time I opened a ticket there were pretty large delays in responses for a while as well.

System Specs: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic - ROG Maximus X Code - Watercooled Intel 8700k (5Ghz) - Watercooled Strix GTX 1080Ti OC (2050-2063Mhz) - G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB - Seasonic X-1050W PSU - Intel 600P NVME SSD
post #16985 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Hardware Rep

Hey I opened the above mentioned ticket 3 days ago and haven't gotten a response yet, any chance you could ask someone at support to check my ticket when you get a moment? The ticket number is #71270. Last time I opened a ticket there were pretty large delays in responses for a while as well.
Sorry about the wait. Apparently I'm moving slower than usual too this week. So I checked in with the support team here at the North American office where I'm located, and we can see that you're long overdue for a response but since you're in another region I'll have to poke someone at HQ right quick to see if I can find out what the holdup is.
post #16986 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Sorry about the wait. Apparently I'm moving slower than usual too this week. So I checked in with the support team here at the North American office where I'm located, and we can see that you're long overdue for a response but since you're in another region I'll have to poke someone at HQ right quick to see if I can find out what the holdup is.
Thanks very much, appreciate it.

post #16987 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 06:48 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
I want to buy either r6 or s2.

Have some questions about the R6:

1. Does it also come with the little plate to cover the psu shroud (for when in open layout)? (If not am sure can get this from fractal spare parts tho)

2. With the 5'25 bay up top, and the PSU shrould fully closed.. would it fit a 280mm rad/aio?

thanks
post #16988 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 AM
Hardware Rep

Quote: Originally Posted by junneh View Post
I want to buy either r6 or s2.

Have some questions about the R6:

1. Does it also come with the little plate to cover the psu shroud (for when in open layout)? (If not am sure can get this from fractal spare parts tho)

2. With the 5'25 bay up top, and the PSU shrould fully closed.. would it fit a 280mm rad/aio?

thanks
The S2 has the front cover for the PSU shroud but the R6 does not. The part unfortunately isn't available for sale separately, either. You wouldn't be the first to ask though, and for what it's worth I do still make it a point to keep passing these sort of requests on to HQ. If you were to install the cover in an R6, though, I don't believe you'd have quite enough room for a 280mm rad in the front since there's just right at 280mm of clearance between the ODD bay and the top of the shroud. You'd be able to fit the two 140mm fans, but the rad itself would be too tall.
post #16989 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Overclocker

Rep: 285 (Unique: 210)
The doors are usually swappable as well as other parts as long as what you're swapping is attaching to the same "metal" part since FD (and pretty much everyone) reuses as many components as possible because they can stamp out the same part, don't need to make a new "die" and have another machine for stamping a different part. Most cases from FD are very similar only differing in certain parts while other are the same as in other recent cases.

Fairly easy to see from pictures what parts are equal and what you could Frankenstein swap around.
post #16990 of 16996 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 05:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Just a heads up I still have not received a reply from support.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in