[Official] Case Labs Owners Club - Page 2342 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Case Labs Owners Club

post #23411 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I don't think we will see another caselabs for long time but there's bound to be some other innovation coming (that is useful not decorative like temper glass) and we will all buy those at that time. If you have an caselabs, great and remember the experience. If not, not really worth buying an used one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23412 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:26 PM
Devil in baggy pants

Rep: 49 (Unique: 38)
Thank you. It's a very messy project. The bedroom I'm painting in had blue dust everywhere after the first run. I taped up drop cloths all the way to the ceiling and floor in my best attempt to make a clean room. Even that failed to keep the blue dust off much of the furniture. Still haven't got to the clear coat phase yet.

Asus X99-E WS USB 3.1, Intel Core i7-6950x @ 4.4GHz
Dual Titan XP SLI, 64 GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series DDR4 3200 CL 14
Samsung 1 TB 960 pro & 1 Samsung 500GB 960 evo
post #23413 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 525 (Unique: 296)
Quote: Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
I don't think we will see another caselabs for long time but there's bound to be some other innovation coming (that is useful not decorative like temper glass) and we will all buy those at that time. If you have an caselabs, great and remember the experience. If not, not really worth buying an used one.

Yeaaaah... have you tried building in any other case recently? I’d 100% buy a used CL over enthoo luxe tier products. All. Day. Long.

Also - I paid 60% of retail when I got my sth10 second hand to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23414 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

The luxe2 is one of my options i am considering but I am in no hurry to decide. I either want to go big and combine two machines into one or I go smaller case. Combine both with an external radiator (heatkiller mora) for my current and future cooling needs.
post #23415 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

That being said. Some lucky person on ocn could endup with caselabs s8, x299 apex, 7920x, free of charge by end of next year.

When i upgrade i don't want to keep spare parts around (takes too much space). Rather than sell for almost nothing, might as well as help people out. People on ocn seem to be desperate for free parts. Sometimes international shipping will cost more than buying new.

Last edited by Section31; 04-21-2019 at 11:40 AM.
post #23416 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:46 PM
New to Overclock.net

I'd take the case lot when it comes time, if you're in the US. So keep that in mind. That should kinda line up with knowing the GPU response to next-next-gen consoles, which is my next major project.
post #23417 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

I wish it was that simple. So unpredictable with roadmaps and new products actually in stock and close to msrp. 7nm GPU's will be good i suspect and something on my list come that time.

In regards to that caselabs giveaway, I think it would have to be a proper contest with rules. Example being ocn runs the contest and they judge the winner based on why you deserve it,etc. That is only way to takes out the people that are just looking for a quick buck and also allows everyone at ocn to have a fair chance at it. That sort of contest might take long time just for winner to be decided. I don't want to be the judge nor do I have time to deal with shipping, I am being generous and shouldn't expect me to waste time on arranging shipping with seller.
post #23418 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Ah u meant literal give away

OCN still sanctions that stuff I believe. Best of luck to the winners.

As to future hardware. Some of us realized all the way back at 6 series that DX11 is dead, and not much true change will come until DX12 is properly matured.

Realizing this, then seeing it actually happen has allowed me to slow my obsession and put money into other places.

All I’ve missed is the battle royale revolution, and lucky for me I don’t experience FOMO.
post #23419 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 23)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
Ah u meant literal give away

OCN still sanctions that stuff I believe. Best of luck to the winners.

As to future hardware. Some of us realized all the way back at 6 series that DX11 is dead, and not much true change will come until DX12 is properly matured.

Realizing this, then seeing it actually happen has allowed me to slow my obsession and put money into other places.

All I’ve missed is the battle royale revolution, and lucky for me I don’t experience FOMO.
Well said
post #23420 of 23449 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Apex does look fun, I’ve just got too much of a queue to run thru first. Like still grinding MH:W. Only took 80 hours to get top tier nerg glaive. Now to level a bow for all those bosses you can’t fly around.

I still haven’t actually cleared all content. Kirin’s Second mission is killing me, or more so my parties. I’ve farmed out a full lightning set thru so many fails.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in