Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - What are some great car speakers?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
jonnieos
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
I have an 09 Kia Rio, a dual 12 inch renegade subwoofer with a 1000 watt renegade amp Thinking about replacing the car amp/bass amp/subwoofers too and just doing a whole new system. Is that gonna be overkill or would I be able to get much louder/more clear sound? (I plan to get the trunk dynamated to stop some distortion as well.). and this head unit: http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/In-Dash_CD_n_DVD_Receivers/1-DIN_CD_Receiver/KDC-248U . I figured with such a small car it will be very LOUD but I need to still have clarity. The audio shop told me the car already has a good built in amp for the speakers so I wanted to know if there's any great speakers I should get and maybe a very very good amplifier to replace the one that came with it.

The speaker dimensions should be:
Front door: 6-1/2"
Rear: 6-1/2"
Rear deck: 6-1/2"

Thinking about replacing the car amp/bass amp/subwoofers too and just doing a whole new system. Is that gonna be overkill or would I be able to get much louder/more clear sound? (I plan to get the trunk dynamated to stop some distortion as well.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmasherBasher go_quote.gif
Clean format/install every 45 days. I always manage to screw something up and corrupt my OS in that time frame