You can view a collection of Windows 8 consumer screenshots posted by yours truly found here
You can find Windows 8 legacy (HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000) drivers here
You can view all of Windows 8 Consumer keyboard shortcuts here
A guide to fix Google Chrome "resolving proxy" bug can be found here
A small list of changes in Windows 8 can be found here
.DocumentationWindows 8 Compatibility Center
.Understanding Hardware Acceleration Within Windows 8
.Introduction to Windows 8, compared to Windows 7.
Windows 8 works on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
Developers Evaluation x86 - Download
Developers Evaluation x64 - Download
Product Key: No Key Needed!
Note: This version of Windows 8 activates and runs 90 days at full capacity. Meaning you can use Windows 8 to its fullest capabilities without restraints. Once the 90 days is up, you must re-install the operating system. Activation via KMS servers is valid until August 15, 2013. This is build 9200, which is the final version of Windows 8 (the same exact build you can buy in stores).How To Use Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation For 180 Days
The normal activation lasts 90 days, after the first 90 days you must reformat your system, but it is possible to rearm 1 time. This means at the end of your first 90 days, you can rearm the system for another 90 days. Here's how:
How To Apply
- Run command prompt as admin.
- Type "slmgr -rearm" and hit enter.
- Reboot the PC to re-activate it.
- Done! You can check your activation to see if its set back to 90 days!
How do you become a member? Simple post a screenshot of your Start Menu with your OCN username at the top right (you can change this so its quite simple). Or post a screenshot of your desktop with your OCN username in notepad, with the winver/pc info window open (visible).Member List
- I Whip My Hair
- hot noisy calculator
- PunkX 1
- Marafice Eye
- Raven Dizzle
- Seid Dark
[CENTER][URL=https://www.overclock.net/t/1223296/windows-8-fan-club][B]Windows 8 Fan Club[/B][/URL]
If you have any tips, suggestions, new information, or compiled your own guide to help improve Windows 8 functionality, feel free to post and I will add it to the OP.