Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] Windows 8 Fan Club

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 AM
iamlongtime
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 24 (Unique: 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Whip My Hair View Post

Once I get my SSD I will post benchmarks on my HDD with Windows 7 vs. Windows 8 ^__^

I just tried that on a laptop with win7 and 8 dual boot. The answers are not pretty!!! SAME WEI score for both! When I put in my SSD for my PC the only change in score was the disk transfer rate. Huh?

Oh and as a pros and cons thing for win 8;

Dont like the start screen it is messy and very basic looking, can this be user customised to include a theme of icons?
IE9 is absolutely foul looking again basic and I cant get my nav bar at the top, I hate it at the bottom!
I like the little screen blind with the time on when you're not logged on however, it's not really functional.
Going to have a play and see how well it customises I'll try icon packager and see what I can dig up and post a pic of my win7 deskto V's win8

Cant change the colour, size or theme backgreound or virtualy anything on the metro interface it is shat!! windows 8 is the same as 7 without it and logging in on msn and all that crap is something i would hate!! cant even be bothered to punctuate this as windows 8 is soooo lame the end

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula/Extreme Club

Xbox Gamertag: I am Longtime

Origin ID: iamlongtime

My dad says: Dont ASSUME it makes an ass out of u and me!! (oh and looking in a manual makes you a fanny!)