Minimized/maximized subforum selection does not stick - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Minimized/maximized subforum selection does not stick

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 830 (Unique: 654)
Reproducibility: I have been able to reproduce it many times as have other users (HERE and HERE)

Reproduce Steps: Minimize/maximize sub-forums. When you come back after a period of time or on a different computer, the last selections are not remembered.

Expected: I expected my selections to stay

Notes: I have been able to make it stick if I:
Expand everything then close the browser.
I reopen the browser and from the home page (not forum page) I minimize all the sub-forums I do not want expanded, then close the browser again.
I come back and they stay that way even when logging in from other computers.
If I expand or minimize a single forum, it throws it all off again and I have to repeat it.

Systems: Opera 11.60, 11.61, IE8, IE9, Windows XP Pro, Windows 7 Pro, 32 and 64 bit.

Why I fold:

sad-smiley-002.gifLost: Father: Liver Cancer '08, Aunt: Ovarian Cancer '96, Aunt: Brain Cancer, '13, Grandmother: Bone Cancer '99,
thumb.gifWinning; Brother-in-Law: Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma - 11 yrs; Brother-in-Law: Pancreatic Cancer - 4 yrs; Mother-in-Law: Breast cancer - 22 years, Ureter Cancer 1 year!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 509 (Unique: 309)
Isn't that the same as vB? It was linked to browser, and not user account, so if you cleared your browser/used another computer, that preferance wouldn't be there, so you'd just see the default.

I was not fired. sozo.gif

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I am not sure how it was in VB (pretty sure it was browser/cookie based) but Huddler saves it on their end.
No matter where I log in, it should look the same.

The bug also happens on the same computer, so cookies is not an issue.

Why I fold:

sad-smiley-002.gifLost: Father: Liver Cancer '08, Aunt: Ovarian Cancer '96, Aunt: Brain Cancer, '13, Grandmother: Bone Cancer '99,
thumb.gifWinning; Brother-in-Law: Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma - 11 yrs; Brother-in-Law: Pancreatic Cancer - 4 yrs; Mother-in-Law: Breast cancer - 22 years, Ureter Cancer 1 year!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 509 (Unique: 309)

Oh, did that come up in the sandbox? I don't recall hearing that Huddler did that differently. :o

I was not fired. sozo.gif

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Don't recall it in the sandbox coming up, just going by the fact I can use a computer I have never been on and all my site preferences are already set

Why I fold:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in