[Solved] Sluggishness when composing a post, and problems previewing or submitting a post - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Solved] Sluggishness when composing a post, and problems previewing or submitting a post

post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-31-2013, 02:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 20)
I to am having this problem,and wanted to add something I noticed as well. Not sure if it is related or a different issue, but figured I'd post it here in-case it is related to this issue.

Additional Information

I get this pop-up from Firefox once in a while when visiting large threads, I am using post count of 100.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?3.10.0/build/yui-base/yui-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/oop/oop-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-custom-base/event-custom-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/features/features-min.js&3.10.0/build/dom-core/dom-core-min.js&3.10.0/build/dom-base/dom-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/selector-native/selector-native-min.js&3.10.0/build/selector/selector-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-core/node-core-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-base/node-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-base/event-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-delegate/event-delegate-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-event-delegate/node-event-delegate-min.js&3.10.0/build/pluginhost-base/pluginhost-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/pluginhost-config/pluginhost-config-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-pluginhost/node-pluginhost-min.js&3.10.0/build/dom-style/dom-style-min.js&3.10.0/build/dom-screen/dom-screen-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-screen/node-screen-min.js&3.10.0/build/node-style/node-style-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-custom-complex/event-custom-complex-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-synthetic/event-synthetic-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-mousewheel/event-mousewheel-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-mouseenter/event-mouseenter-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-key/event-key-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-focus/event-focus-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-resize/event-resize-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-hover/event-hover-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-outside/event-outside-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-touch/event-touch-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-move/event-move-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-flick/event-flick-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-valuechange/event-valuechange-min.js&3.10.0/build/event-tap/event-tap-min.js&3.10.0/build/json-parse/json-parse-min.js&3.10.0/build/json-stringify/json-stringify-min.js&3.10.0/build/querystring-stringify-simple/querystring-stringify-simple-min.js&3.10.0/build/io-base/io-base-min.js&3.10.0/build/datatype-xml-parse/datatype-xml-parse-min.js&3.10.0/build/io-xdr/io-xdr-min.js&3.10.0/build/io-form/io-form-min.js&3.10.0/build/io-upload-iframe/io-upload-iframe-min.js&3.10.0/build/queue-promote/queue-promote-min.js&3.10.0/build/io-queue/io-queue-min.js&3.10.0/build/selector-css2/selector-css2-min.js&3.10.0/build/selector-css3/selector-css3-min.js&3.10.0/build/array-extras/array-extras-min.js&3.10.0/build/loader/loader-min.js:9

Browser: Firefox 26.0
Add-ons: Ad block edge, Ghostery (safe mode did not resolve issue)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-01-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
Windows Wrangler

Rep: 341 (Unique: 250)
    Thank you for the posting extra details.  The more people that chime in "Me too!" the better, since it will give a better idea of the impact of the problem.

Oh, and by the way, this is post #12 on page 2 for me, and this thread is fast again.  So the problem is affected by how many posts are visible on the page, not by how many posts are in the thread.

post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 589 (Unique: 377)
FYI - https://www.overclock.net/t/1461084/release-notes-tuesday-january-21st/

post-flame-small.gifKeep the standards high and the noise low. Do YOU have quality content?post-flame-small.gif

Can't get enough of Overclock.net? Keep up with us on Facebook!

For any time-sensitive issues, or anything pertaining to our business operations, email is a far better way to contact me than PM. Please remember you can contact any staff member via email to their username @overclocked.net.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Windows Wrangler

Thank you!

post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter
Windows Wrangler

Yay, I just found a new option in the settings area to disable the draft system! wheee.gif

Hopefully the new option totally disables the draft system so that Firefox will go back to preloading the textbox with the text I had typed when I navigate backwards.  Ever since the draft system was implemented, I would lose everything I typed in PMs, and occasionally in posts, if I navigated backwards or forwards.  And, if I opened another tab of a thread (to copy a quote, since the quote button grays out after I click it), the textbox would annoyingly be filled with the text I was posting in the first tab, which meant that I would have to scroll to the bottom of the page and clear the textbox before clicking the quote button.

post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 10:41 PM
The debug-inator

HOORAY!!!!!!

wheee.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in