[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 203 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

post #2021 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 02:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 131 (Unique: 79)
Have a small issue lately, if I leave my pc idle but on for an hour or so, when I come back I have zero sound. Have to restart.

4770K - Asus Maximus Gene Z87 - Patriot Black Mamba 2133 8Gb - Ocz Fatality 750w - Coollaboratory Liquid Alpheos Cpu Block - Xspc Rx 360 Radiator- Hardware Labs Black Ice Radiator 240 - XSPC D5 Vario - Aqua Computer Glass Tube Res - Mayhems Tharsis red - 6 Corsair SP120 - 2 Corsair AF120 Air Series - 1 140mm Enemax Everest - Nzxt H440 - Intel 330 120Gb - Ocz agilty 3 120Gb - 1Tb Toshiba 7200 64mb Hdd.
Gtx Titan X
Ducky Shine 3 Tkl - Cherry Black - Zowie Fk1 - Steel Series Qck Heavy
Asus Rog Swift X 3 , 7680 X 1440 p @144hz - 7" Samsung usb monitor.
FiiO E17 Dac - Audio Technica AD700X - Audio Technica M50 - Edifier R1600T Studio Monitors
Rseat Rs1 Custom - Srh Tach Dash - Accuforce pro - Momo mod 30 - He pedals pro - Fanaec sq 1.5 - Srh g-force display - He sequential. Earth magnet snap action shifters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2022 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Just a wee asides. Many builders are rightfully proud of their rigs and lighting and stuff. They all point towards our monitors. If we've the space on our desktops, why not have them redesigned to point at us, sideways on with the DVD, USB ports an buttons pointing again at us?

Micro ATX boards look sooo cool though.
post #2023 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)
Lol UGH @ Djinferno biggrin.gif

you've officially turned me over to the head-fi forums and I've seriously become an audiophile now. Was debating on the T1's but now looks like vs jumping to the DT 990's I may just be grabbing myself a paif of T90's to test with this weekend to see how I like them XD

Pretty sure the ZxR can handle them and OMG you never told me that the headphone addon for the ZxR that sits on your desk actually amplifies vs controls the volume, I finally messed with it last week and omg I got submersed in my audio and didn't want to stop ! thumb.gif

Also interesting enough pulled my oooold PC from the garage, still has teh X-Fi Titanium in it lol. Completely forgot the specs on that one.

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2024 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 02:13 AM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

Pretty sure the ZxR can handle them and OMG you never told me that the headphone addon for the ZxR that sits on your desk actually amplifies vs controls the volume, I finally messed with it last week and omg I got submersed in my audio and didn't want to stop ! thumb.gif

it does...? where does it get the power from...?

though one thing I know with my Zx, the headphone power output is so intense I have to leave the ACM's volume on only 5% or less (card @ 50% volume) or the basic earbuds I'm currently using (temporary) either crackle or blow my ears out...

post #2025 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul17041993 View Post

it does...? where does it get the power from...?

though one thing I know with my Zx, the headphone power output is so intense I have to leave the ACM's volume on only 5% or less (card @ 50% volume) or the basic earbuds I'm currently using (temporary) either crackle or blow my ears out...

Not sure tbh, but I love it! I keep my card around 50-60% then boost the ACM and just get lost in it.

Getting ready to put in an order for a pair of T90's currently was just checking local areas to see if anyone had any. Gonna return my DT 880 Pro's tomorrow, since its still within the 30 day, and found that the purple/red stuff on the side of one was just from the hot glue or w/e they use to seal on the cushions. Looking forward to how these will sound. Worst case I just go back to the 880's but doubt I will.

I'm told they're very bright on the treble so in case of which curious if anyone has a tutorial on what does what w/ the equalizer so I can understand what I'm tweaking if I need to tone it down a tad. (I normally keep EQ off )

Debating between new or used atm..... 500$ vs 649$ lol.... why is this even a decision.... D: ugh

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
post #2026 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Unless the ACM has a power cable plugged into it, its not amping a thing, set your card to 100% without the ACM, and listen to something at FULL blast, plug in the ACM with it to 'max' and have the same volume

post #2027 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 11:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Unless the ACM has a power cable plugged into it, its not amping a thing, set your card to 100% without the ACM, and listen to something at FULL blast, plug in the ACM with it to 'max' and have the same volume

For me the difference is there, 100% volume vs 100% ACM there's something empowering coming from it I just don't know what...or how to explain it D:

Quote:
post #2028 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

For me the difference is there, 100% volume vs 100% ACM there's something empowering coming from it I just don't know what...or how to explain it D:

I guess the card has a sneaky little power line via the audio cables, possibly the middle contact on the mic cable (used with some microphones that require phantom power), and the ACM has a post-amp as a booster, Id have to look at a dismantled ACM to be sure though...

post #2029 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Are those 1/4" male to 3.5mm female adapters bundled with ZXR compatible with any 3.5mm cable like that one included in the bundle, or even then a, e.g., Monoprice 665?

I ask for that because those adapters have a screw to plug itself onto 3.5mm plug from the ACM.

So are they?

post #2030 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Are those 1/4" male to 3.5mm female adapters bundled with ZXR compatible with any 3.5mm cable like that one included in the bundle, or even then a, e.g., Monoprice 665?

I ask for that because those adapters have a screw to plug itself onto 3.5mm plug from the ACM.

So are they?

As long as its 3.5mm it should fit. I had a couple sitting around and tested it too, feels cooler to use the bigger input vs the lil one lol tongue.gif

Just pulled the trigger on some t90's rolleyes.gif oh boyyy here we go.

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in