[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 204 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

post #2031 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:27 PM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_felipe View Post

Are those 1/4" male to 3.5mm female adapters bundled with ZXR compatible with any 3.5mm cable like that one included in the bundle, or even then a, e.g., Monoprice 665?

I ask for that because those adapters have a screw to plug itself onto 3.5mm plug from the ACM.

So are they?

usually the jacket on 3.5 plugs are small enough to fit in the screwlock, some occasions they aren't, you just have to test your plugs yourself to see.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2032 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter
Meow!

Rep: 242 (Unique: 204)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul17041993 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

For me the difference is there, 100% volume vs 100% ACM there's something empowering coming from it I just don't know what...or how to explain it D:

I guess the card has a sneaky little power line via the audio cables, possibly the middle contact on the mic cable (used with some microphones that require phantom power), and the ACM has a post-amp as a booster, Id have to look at a dismantled ACM to be sure though...

No it's just a potentiometers for the output, the rest is just an extension cable. Many said, it degrades the sound quality and in most case it would be the quality of the cable shielding and the potentiometers quality as well.

~ Nothing to see here ~

post #2033 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter
Meow!

Rep: 242 (Unique: 204)

For sciences...

I am unable to open the last part, but it is just a potentiometer:

~ Nothing to see here ~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2034 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:54 PM
RET 0

that's the red version, same as I have, did a test myself and there was no difference with or without it.

the black version on the ZxR however I am unsure of, which is the one in question, @LunaP you sure you tested using only the headphone output on the card...?

post #2035 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 07:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)
Quote:

that's the red version, same as I have, did a test myself and there was no difference with or without it.

the black version on the ZxR however I am unsure of, which is the one in question, @LunaP you sure you tested using only the headphone output on the card...?

Hm? I'm using the headphone output of the ACM lol. Haven't tested on the card directly

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!
post #2036 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 03:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:

As long as its 3.5mm it should fit. I had a couple sitting around and tested it too, feels cooler to use the bigger input vs the lil one lol tongue.gif

Just pulled the trigger on some t90's rolleyes.gif oh boyyy here we go.

Thanks.

Quote:

usually the jacket on 3.5 plugs are small enough to fit in the screwlock, some occasions they aren't, you just have to test your plugs yourself to see.

So those what I'd use would be the plug of ModMic and that of bundled stereo 3.5mm male to stereo RCA male cable with the ZXR.

What do you think?

post #2037 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 04:27 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Quote:

Hm? I'm using the headphone output of the ACM lol. Haven't tested on the card directly

You totally didnt do what i said then

post #2038 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
I plugged in my 250ohm DT990s directly into my ZXR's headphone port and noticed no difference in sound quality or degradation compared to having it plugged into the ACM. But thats just me so maybe i just don't have the "Audiophile ears" to tell the difference.
post #2039 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 07:45 PM
RET 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronvict View Post

I plugged in my 250ohm DT990s directly into my ZRX's headphone port and noticed no difference in sound quality or degradation compared to having it plugged into the ACM. But thats just me so maybe i just don't have the "Audiophile ears" to tell the difference.

it would be very very light, likely only noticeable with 600OHM or similar headphones, which need good power and would likely be "bottlenecked" by the extra components in the ACM.

post #2040 of 5946 (permalink) Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

You totally didnt do what i said then

I did its completely different, maxing it on the ACM however blows out the mids from what its sounding like.

Anywhoo been running my T90's w/ the ZxR the past couple days and my god does it sound amazing. I feel like it pairs quiet well so far but sure I can unlock it further. A huge step up from the 880 pros.

Even more glad I got this card now!

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in