[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 205 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

post #2041 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 06:02 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

I did its completely different, maxing it on the ACM however blows out the mids from what its sounding like.

Anywhoo been running my T90's w/ the ZxR the past couple days and my god does it sound amazing. I feel like it pairs quiet well so far but sure I can unlock it further. A huge step up from the 880 pros.

Even more glad I got this card now!
No you didnt, the quote on you said you never tried it with the card only, without the ACM at 100%, then with the acm with both on 100%

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-23-2014, 08:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

No you didnt, the quote on you said you never tried it with the card only, without the ACM at 100%, then with the acm with both on 100%

Because I didn't quote you, I didn't respond to you I apologize. The quote was saying I only keep it plugged into the ACM which is the whole point of what we're talking about lol. Without the ACM there's no boost because the ACM isn't adding to it o_O

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!
post #2043 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 04:42 AM
►¿¿¿

Quote:

Because I didn't quote you, I didn't respond to you I apologize. The quote was saying I only keep it plugged into the ACM which is the whole point of what we're talking about lol. Without the ACM there's no boost because the ACM isn't adding to it o_O

Ive no idea what you were talking about, but i was talking about a surefire way to tell if the ACM was adding or not adding any extra juice to the headphones, by pluggin the headphones directly into the headphone port on the card without the ACM, with the card on 100% , then -WITH- the ACM with -BOTH- on 100% biggrin.gif

You said you tried that, then later said you never even used the headphone port without the ACM, thus i said you didnt do as i said. wink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 69 (Unique: 60)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axaion View Post

Ive no idea what you were talking about, but i was talking about a surefire way to tell if the ACM was adding or not adding any extra juice to the headphones, by pluggin the headphones directly into the headphone port on the card without the ACM, with the card on 100% , then -WITH- the ACM with -BOTH- on 100% biggrin.gif

You said you tried that, then later said you never even used the headphone port without the ACM, thus i said you didnt do as i said. wink.gif

Ok I'm confused now, you stated that you were 100% sure that I did not do what you asked, but now you're unsure.

Anyways I did what you asked at the time, the difference with on the headphone jack @ 100% is 100%
With the ACM @ 100% + ACM @ 100% is like 125%-140% it does something to the Mids it seems, or at least FEELS that way, sort of like when you have a pair of gaming headphones and apply power to them or push into the 2nd option switch for w/e ballistic effect they have, just at a lower rate with these.

Hope that clarifies thumb.gif

Avid Anime collector, a hobby that makes this hobby look cheap, as well as gets in the way of it rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skupples 
Don't do business with NCIX!
post #2045 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:58 AM
►¿¿¿

Quote:

Ok I'm confused now, you stated that you were 100% sure that I did not do what you asked, but now you're unsure.

Anyways I did what you asked at the time, the difference with on the headphone jack @ 100% is 100%
With the ACM @ 100% + ACM @ 100% is like 125%-140% it does something to the Mids it seems, or at least FEELS that way, sort of like when you have a pair of gaming headphones and apply power to them or push into the 2nd option switch for w/e ballistic effect they have, just at a lower rate with these.

Hope that clarifies thumb.gif

Maybe i should have clarified, if you werent talking about the same thing as me, which i assumed you were, i would have no idea what you were on about, as i assumed we were talking about the same thing in the first place, and my long range mind reading device is on loan to the NSA. (bastards never returned it.)

post #2046 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 09:16 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 28)
How do you know which games to use Alchemy for? I played through both borderlands games without knowing I was supposed to use alchemy ._.

I use Alchemy for CS 1.6 and CSS but CSGO crashes when I try it with alchemy. Also, how am I supposed to know what settings to use? There is an old list that has older games, but for new games I wouldn't have a clue.

High level competitive gamer (CS 1.6).
In my opinion any "gaming" mouse pad over $10 is a rip off unless you want to spend money on pure aesthetics. The $8 Supermat is better and cheaper than any "gaming" mousepad I've used. Zeus Gear XL is a good alternative.

I will not answer PMs that could/should be asked in threads.
post #2047 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 01:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)
Alchemy is only used for games that are "Pre-Vista" basically. Creative has a list of games that the Alchemy program restores hardware acceleration for.

OpenAL games came later, but still had hardware accelerated audio options with EAX. Those do not require Alchemy under Vista and Windows 7.

The original FEAR is one such game that requires Alchemy to restore its hardware accelerated audio.

No newer games require it or able to utilize it.

This list will answer your question as to which games support or need it.

http://support.creative.com/kb/showarticle.aspx?sid=28967
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

How do you know which games to use Alchemy for? I played through both borderlands games without knowing I was supposed to use alchemy ._.

I use Alchemy for CS 1.6 and CSS but CSGO crashes when I try it with alchemy. Also, how am I supposed to know what settings to use? There is an old list that has older games, but for new games I wouldn't have a clue.
post #2048 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 28)
The Borderlands games are pretty new though... definitely post-vista.

And that list doesn't even have CS 1.6 and CSS, both of which benefit from Alchemy on win7. The list I linked to has more games, including the CS games, but it doesn't have the Borderlands games, so I don't know what other games it's missing.

High level competitive gamer (CS 1.6).
In my opinion any "gaming" mouse pad over $10 is a rip off unless you want to spend money on pure aesthetics. The $8 Supermat is better and cheaper than any "gaming" mousepad I've used. Zeus Gear XL is a good alternative.

I will not answer PMs that could/should be asked in threads.
post #2049 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I've got the SBZ today as an "upgrade" to my X-Fi Titanium PCIe card which is still working fine. I am still wondering why the hell did I upgrade while I am still using a 14 years old Creative SoundWorks DTT3500 Digital speakers lol

Anyway, the sound is a little better and I lost 2 channels (7.1 down to 5.1) and Tone control (Treble and Bass)

I don't like my bass to be that high and no matter what I do with EQ or sound properties, I still can't get the nice level of bass that I get with my X-Fi when I turn down bass tone control to the minimum -12db. Is there any tweak to get tone control back ?

post #2050 of 5961 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM
RET 0

Location: 'stralia, whereh teh weahter canneh dehcide whet et wahnts te beh.
Rep: 99 (Unique: 78)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minaelromany View Post

I've got the SBZ today as an "upgrade" to my X-Fi Titanium PCIe card which is still working fine. I am still wondering why the hell did I upgrade while I am still using a 14 years old Creative SoundWorks DTT3500 Digital speakers lol

Anyway, the sound is a little better and I lost 2 channels (7.1 down to 5.1) and Tone control (Treble and Bass)

I don't like my bass to be that high and no matter what I do with EQ or sound properties, I still can't get the nice level of bass that I get with my X-Fi when I turn down bass tone control to the minimum -12db. Is there any tweak to get tone control back ?

EQ, 31, 62 and 125Hz are your "bass", turn them all the way down and you will loose your low-end completely and things will sound lifeless.
(no LFE/sub if you will)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in