[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 593 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

post #5921 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 10)
Quote: Originally Posted by Parser26 View Post
Hey guys,

I have an still existing problem with this sound car. (optical connection to 5.1 system)

Sometimes (randomly) the speaker layout changes, front sound cuts off and I hear the center speaker from rear left . It happens very randomly. It happens Ingame quite often, but also just during a video it happens too.

I tried those sbx_fix.reg and Patch_110200xx_H10.reg fixes but they dont solve this problem. I tried modded and vanilla software, didnt help either :/

Any ideas?
why do you guys using optical? isn't the whole point using this card for its DAC? using the optical pass-through and you don't the quality sound of the card
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5922 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hey guys,

I have an still existing problem with this sound car. (optical connection to 5.1 system)

Sometimes (randomly) the speaker layout changes, front sound cuts off and I hear the center speaker from rear left . It happens very randomly. It happens Ingame quite often, but also just during a video it happens too.

I tried those sbx_fix.reg and Patch_110200xx_H10.reg fixes but they dont solve this problem. I tried modded and vanilla software, didnt help either :/

Any ideas?
Same here, It also happens in headphone mode (sound change suddenly, looking empty). I tried both .reg you mentioned and also no sucess, then now I'm trying other solution from this post: https://www.overclock.net/forum/27690112-post5892.html and at this point I got no more sound problems, but is early to say that's worked. Copy info from the post removing spaces between CONTROL word, then create a .reg file and run it, first follow the instructions checking your registry to see if it's the same as in the post.

Quote: Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
why do you guys using optical? isn't the whole point using this card for its DAC? using the optical pass-through and you don't the quality sound of the card
In my case, I use it because my HT only have optical in.
post #5923 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Windows 10 Gamer

Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
Not true. Optical out sounds awesome even when compared to the analog connections using the onboard DACs, but it may depend on the audio system being used. I have the z906 speaker system and the difference between the two is obvious.
Hey guys,

Any ideas?
First thing is make sure there are no other sound programs running, and make sure your onboard sound dis disabled.
If that doesn't work try uninstalling and reinstalling the Sound Blaster software, but make sure all SB software is completely uninstalled.

You'll probably have to re-apply the patch again at this point.

Report back with an update.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5924 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Here is the solution of Sycholic user in a .reg file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0z6...z_fix.reg/file

Still working fine to me, no more drop/changes in optical or headphone mode. Old fixes no longer working.

UPDATE: Sound still breaking over optical using DDL/DTS connect, now I will try dword:00000020 instead 10. Really a big mess till get this card working properly in W10.

UPDATE1: dword:00000020 do not worked and I'm done, there is no way to get sound blaster z ddl or dts connect working fine in windows 10, after little time using it some speakers stop reproducing audio and sound gets really bad. It seems to be an windows 10 problem because some years ago I was having the same trouble with ddl/dts over optical connection in my SB0770, also having issues with my xonar d1 drivers. I will install some realtek driver to use optical connection of my motherboard, because this one I know it works with no problems.

Last edited by sngbird; 05-11-2019 at 03:52 PM.
post #5925 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by sngbird View Post
Here is the solution of Sycholic user in a .reg file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm0z6...z_fix.reg/file

Still working fine to me, no more drop/changes in optical or headphone mode. Old fixes no longer working.

UPDATE: Sound still breaking over optical using DDL/DTS connect, now I will try dword:00000020 instead 10. Really a big mess till get this card working properly in W10.

UPDATE1: dword:00000020 do not worked and I'm done, there is no way to get sound blaster z ddl or dts connect working fine in windows 10, after little time using it some speakers stop reproducing audio and sound gets really bad. It seems to be an windows 10 problem because some years ago I was having the same trouble with ddl/dts over optical connection in my SB0770, also having issues with my xonar d1 drivers. I will install some realtek driver to use optical connection of my motherboard, because this one I know it works with no problems.
Have you tried both of the patch files? I had the same issue and only one of the patch files work for me even though a few people have said they are the same patch files. One thing you need to know is that when you install the patch file you have to restart your system for it to take effect.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #5926 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Have you tried both of the patch files? I had the same issue and only one of the patch files work for me even though a few people have said they are the same patch files. One thing you need to know is that when you install the patch file you have to restart your system for it to take effect.
Yes, both. I restarted my PC after each patch aplied, also I removed any traces of realtek driver but it still not worked. With a realtek modded driver, the optical connection of my board (ax370gaming3) works with no problem using dolby digital live or dts interactive, I can't say the same my audio card. Use a older version of W10 is not a option, to play forza horizon 4 I need the latest version.

Trying to use encoder on sbz was being the cause of my audio issues, now that it's disabled I also have no more issues in headphone mode.

Last edited by sngbird; 05-12-2019 at 06:08 AM.
post #5927 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Windows 10 Gamer

Quote: Originally Posted by sngbird View Post
Yes, both. I restarted my PC after each patch aplied, also I removed any traces of realtek driver but it still not worked. With a realtek modded driver, the optical connection of my board (ax370gaming3) works with no problem using dolby digital live or dts interactive, I can't say the same my audio card. Use a older version of W10 is not a option, to play forza horizon 4 I need the latest version.

Trying to use encoder on sbz was being the cause of my audio issues, now that it's disabled I also have no more issues in headphone mode.
Sorry you are having these issues. I used to get them every single time I got a windows update and had to re-apply the patch every time. But that hasn't happened with the last two major updates.
Note that one time I had to re-apply the patch a couple times before it started working again, but the patch had always worked for me prior to that.

FYI, my setup may be a bit different from you. I have optical from the sound card running to my z906 speakers then I have the onboard (Realtek drivers) optical running to my wireless headset and everything seems to work just fine. The only issue is I have to change the primary out in the Playback tab under the Sound properties. I know there is a program that allows one to switch them with a keyboard command but I barely use my headset as it as I prefer my speakers.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
post #5928 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 01:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

So I just bought a ZxR 2 days ago and not even 6 hrs after installing it I was getting sound dropouts over fiber optic out while playing a game or listening to music. When this happens it seems that the light signal must flicker or something because I can see the display on my Yamaha receiver flicker with it. Was also getting the screwed up channel mapping when I was playing skyrim se. (voice was coming out of the rear speakers instead of the center channel when looking directly at the npc).
So I moved the card to the upper most pcie x1 slot just under my gpu and thought for awhile it was fixed but nope, the problem was still there.

So I reinstalled the drivers from the disc that came with it and applied the sbx_fix.reg and so far it's been working well *keeps fingers crossed*. Thing is though I don't like having the card installed so close to the gpu. It does make a bit of a difference in the gpu temps, +3C on idle and +5-7C gaming. I think I'll move it back to the lower pcie x1 slot and hopfully with the .reg fix it will work.

I was going to pull the card today, pack it up, send it back and get a refund from newegg and just go back to my x-fi titanium fatal1ty champ, but after reading through most of this thread and finding the .reg fix I might just keep it.

Got another optical cable coming from Amazon though I don't think I need it, the one I have worked perfectly fine with the x-fi.

So glad I found this thread, a lot of really good info here.

Thanks people
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_170926.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	271316  

ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) X470, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.3Ghz, 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1660 TI OC 6Gb GDDR6 @ 2025 / 6000MHz, Creative Sound Blaster ZxR, Intel 660p Series NVME 512Gb SSD, WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD, DeepCool Castle 240RGB Liquid Cooler, EVGA SuperNova 220-G2-XR 80 Plus Gold 850 Watts, NZXT Sentry 3, Fan Controller, CM Storm Sniper Mid-Tower Case, XboX One Wireless Controller, Windows 10 Pro v1809 64 bit

Last edited by V1per; 05-25-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: added image file
post #5929 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 26)
Quote: Originally Posted by V1per View Post
So I just bought a ZxR 2 days ago and not even 6 hrs after installing it I was getting sound dropouts over fiber optic out while playing a game or listening to music. When this happens it seems that the light signal must flicker or something because I can see the display on my Yamaha receiver flicker with it. Was also getting the screwed up channel mapping when I was playing skyrim se. (voice was coming out of the rear speakers instead of the center channel when looking directly at the npc).
So I moved the card to the upper most pcie x1 slot just under my gpu and thought for awhile it was fixed but nope, the problem was still there.

So I reinstalled the drivers from the disc that came with it and applied the sbx_fix.reg and so far it's been working well *keeps fingers crossed*. Thing is though I don't like having the card installed so close to the gpu. It does make a bit of a difference in the gpu temps, +3C on idle and +5-7C gaming. I think I'll move it back to the lower pcie x1 slot and hopfully with the .reg fix it will work.

I was going to pull the card today, pack it up, send it back and get a refund from newegg and just go back to my x-fi titanium fatal1ty champ, but after reading through most of this thread and finding the .reg fix I might just keep it.

Got another optical cable coming from Amazon though I don't think I need it, the one I have worked perfectly fine with the x-fi.

So glad I found this thread, a lot of really good info here.

Thanks people

Can you tried this. Uninstall all Creative drivers and with Driver Cleaner Pro and Driver Sweeper, delete all files and folders with Creative nime in Program File and Program Data and regedit manual. Do that without connection to internet.

After you clean all traces of Creative driver and these programs will ask restart (Driver Sweeper) install driver from DVD on box. That's driver 6.0.102.23 from 2013 in Device Manager will see. Be carefull if you install him after you connect to internet Windows will immediately update Sound Blaster Controller. You need to prevent that with Hardware ID. Do you know to do that? Did you done something like that, with these changes even you can't install new Driver for Sound Card and Controller, I removed Daughter Board but if she is inside you need to copy and here Hardware IDS to Local Group Police

First:
In the Group Policy go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Device Installation > Device Installation Restrictions. On the right, find the “Prevent installation of devices that match any of these devices IDs” item and double-click it.
These is how that look...

Second: Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Windows Update

Do not include drivers with Windows Updates - ENABLE

When you finish these steps your driver will stay on 2013 and Windows will not be able to update Sound Blaster Drivers or you before delete all of these Hardware IDS and back setting from Manual to Not Configured.

After that you can enable internet connection. Leave 24-48h speakers on 2 Stereo don't change settings in Sound Manager. I think sound will not swap channels on speakers and you will hear voice from every speaker. Maybe you will hear some flickering in sound as you scratch vinyl but than install Sound Blaster patch and that will stop.

My Sound Blaster ZxR constant have problem as yours after reinstall OS but with these changes I fix all problems 10 times.
Other drivers for SBZxR on their page are crap. Maybe is sound quality little better but with them have problems.
Or you could change on AE-5. I don't want to change on AE-5 because it's not fair to factory left people without support with so expensive hardware.
If he not work as they planned with Windows 10 (my card work with these fixes) then should replace to people free of charge with AE-5.
Even that's downgrade for us.

Don't tried these settings with new drivers from site, (3 of them) because not work, you will have channel swapping, distorting every 2-3min for milisecond and you will heat ccccik-ccccik like you move turntable head left right on vinyl.

People have these patches here. I have two of them with different names but they are probably same.
Alone they can't stop channel swapping and if Windows update controller End and he do that automatically.
Dolby Digital Pack and DTS are still visible in my Control Panel don't forget to uninstall them to because they are part of Creative Driver if you have them.
Newer version of driver don't have them at all.

I copy driver from Sound Blaster ZxR DVD to PC and long time ago and use him only.
If you have some newer I could upload you from 2013.
post #5930 of 5955 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 26)
It's complete mistery for me why if I immediately after installation driver and that happen only when I refresh Windows 10...(I first install only drivers need to device manager no yellow sign without internet connection and then connect to internet every time when I refresh OS).... but from unknown reason if I immediately change in Manager to Full Range Speaker, Surround Speakers 5.1, enable these setttings immediately channel swapping start....
If I wait 24h or 48h with 2 Speakers, (I have 5.1) swapping channels will not happen and later I change to Full Range and Surround and stay stable.
That's unknown for me.

Once as well I connect one by one cable and test in Device Manager did I hear sound exactly from that speaker and didn't swap channels.
When he swap channel If I click on rear left I hear Ding sound Test through Left Front example, I test Center again Left Front sound, etc...
I back to 2 Spekears and back to 5.1 and then again sound normal. Classic and recognized channel swapping problem. I'm glad I fixed that and my SBZxR is functional with bitter taste that I'm abandoned with 250$ worth hardware and question what Creative patch done, I think I see decrease in sound quality with him but maybe is only imagination...
I'm glad I payed only 60 euro plus money I sold mine 4 years old SBZ and SBZxR was never used.
I didn't had problems until Windows 10 arrived, I think when they launch revisions later 1709 problems start... or maybe 1703 even.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in