[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club - Page 599 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] Creative Sound Blaster Z, Zx & ZxR Series Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5981 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Windows 10 Gamer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,486
Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by antonioli View Post
Hi guys. I've bought a Sound Blaster Z in 2017 but it never worked very well. The problem is that I can use either DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live to sendo 5.1 channels to my home theater (that only has optical S/PDIF input) and everything works fine in videos and games. But the thing is that in the middle of any game the sound vanishes and I need to restart Windows to get the audio back. I've tried three different drivers versions in Creative downloads page but the same thing happens.

Does someone had this problem and solved?
Never had anything like this happen to me. One thing I would check is to make sure the sound card it self is snug in the slot.
You should also go and check in sound settings. The next time this happens do the following:
1. In the latest Windows 10 update left click on the speaker icon and click on "open sound settings".
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the pop up and click on "App volume and device preferences".
3. Check to see if there is any sound going out of the system by looking at the "Master volume" and seeing if the bar fluctuates with sound output.
If the bar fluctuates indicating there is sound but you still hear nothing then this could be an issue with the sound card it self.

Have you tried "Troubleshooting Sound Problems" when this happens?

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Madmaxneo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5982 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:33 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Never had anything like this happen to me. One thing I would check is to make sure the sound card it self is snug in the slot.
You should also go and check in sound settings. The next time this happens do the following:
1. In the latest Windows 10 update left click on the speaker icon and click on "open sound settings".
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the pop up and click on "App volume and device preferences".
3. Check to see if there is any sound going out of the system by looking at the "Master volume" and seeing if the bar fluctuates with sound output.
If the bar fluctuates indicating there is sound but you still hear nothing then this could be an issue with the sound card it self.

Have you tried "Troubleshooting Sound Problems" when this happens?
Thank you for the reply. The card is ok in the slot and the problem existed when I was using a i5 4690k with a ASRock z97 Extreme4 with different builds of Windows 10 and now with the Ryzen 7 3700X with a ASRock X570 Extreme4. I've checked before if the Windows was understanding that was sound coming from the board and yes. Sometimes the sound changed to something like cut/robotic sound, very weird, like if it was struggling to be played and all of sudden vanishes. The bar, as you said, fluctuated like if the sound was coming out of the speakers.

But checking this topic I downloaded the two register files I gave a try to see what happens. Well, to what I saw the sound didn't vanish. One time all of sudden the rear speakers stopped working. It's not a perfect solution but as I suspected it seems to be some software problem and Creative abandoned the support even with Windows 10 getting new buildings once in a while.

When I have a little more time I will try to play some games as muc h time as possible to see if the sound will stops in rear speakers again or if it will sadly vanishes.
antonioli is offline  
post #5983 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:36 AM
Windows 10 Gamer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,486
Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by antonioli View Post
Thank you for the reply. The card is ok in the slot and the problem existed when I was using a i5 4690k with a ASRock z97 Extreme4 with different builds of Windows 10 and now with the Ryzen 7 3700X with a ASRock X570 Extreme4. I've checked before if the Windows was understanding that was sound coming from the board and yes. Sometimes the sound changed to something like cut/robotic sound, very weird, like if it was struggling to be played and all of sudden vanishes. The bar, as you said, fluctuated like if the sound was coming out of the speakers.

But checking this topic I downloaded the two register files I gave a try to see what happens. Well, to what I saw the sound didn't vanish. One time all of sudden the rear speakers stopped working. It's not a perfect solution but as I suspected it seems to be some software problem and Creative abandoned the support even with Windows 10 getting new buildings once in a while.

When I have a little more time I will try to play some games as muc h time as possible to see if the sound will stops in rear speakers again or if it will sadly vanishes.
I have not heard of anything close to your issue before this so I seriously doubt it is a software issue stemming from Creative dropping support for this card.

At this point I think there is an issue with your card.

If you could I'd try and put another Z card in the system that you know works great just to see if you can reproduce the issue.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Madmaxneo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5984 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:48 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I have not heard of anything close to your issue before this so I seriously doubt it is a software issue stemming from Creative dropping support for this card.

At this point I think there is an issue with your card.

If you could I'd try and put another Z card in the system that you know works great just to see if you can reproduce the issue.
I don't even know someone that has another card like that.

The reason I think that is software stuff is that at least about what I could test, the problem was softened just using that two register files from this thread. It would be good if Creative updates the driver but in 2019 maybe it would be ask too much.

But man, I've read some people talking about problem like mine. Something about the audio stops working in the middle of the game. I think maybe I'm not the only one with this kind of issue.
antonioli is offline  
post #5985 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 12:04 PM
Windows 10 Gamer
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 2,486
Rep: 45 (Unique: 37)
Quote: Originally Posted by antonioli View Post
I don't even know someone that has another card like that.

The reason I think that is software stuff is that at least about what I could test, the problem was softened just using that two register files from this thread. It would be good if Creative updates the driver but in 2019 maybe it would be ask too much.

But man, I've read some people talking about problem like mine. Something about the audio stops working in the middle of the game. I think maybe I'm not the only one with this kind of issue.
I can recall of one other person on this forum that had an issue similar to yours but he had other issues included and he never resolved his issue from what I remember. But that issue was not the same as yours. Of the ones that I remember about having the audio stop in the middle of the game, they were either resolved through support for the game or discovering that it was something else entirely. I can't recall those issues but yours is unique as far as I have been able to tell.

I still have my Zx card running great with no issues whatsoever, and I am on the latest update of windows 10.

The Dark Knight
(25 items)
CPU
i7 4930k
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
RAM
G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro
Hard Drive
Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM
Hard Drive
San Disk Ultra II
Hard Drive
Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD
Optical Drive
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc
Power Supply
EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus
Cooling
Swiftech H 240-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic
Cooling
Swiftech H 140-X
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070
Case
Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
MS Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Vizio 24" 1080p TV
Monitor
AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monitor, NVIDIA G-SYNC
Keyboard
Corsair K95 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Mouse
None
Audio
Sound Blaster Zx
Audio
Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2
▲ hide details ▲
Madmaxneo is offline  
post #5986 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 05:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
I can recall of one other person on this forum that had an issue similar to yours but he had other issues included and he never resolved his issue from what I remember. But that issue was not the same as yours. Of the ones that I remember about having the audio stop in the middle of the game, they were either resolved through support for the game or discovering that it was something else entirely. I can't recall those issues but yours is unique as far as I have been able to tell.

I still have my Zx card running great with no issues whatsoever, and I am on the latest update of windows 10.
Oh man this is sad. For now I will test playing something for a good hours when I have some time. I put the card aside because I had a motherboard with DTS Connect that did the job very well but know my new motherboard that also has DTS Connect is not trustworthy (some games gives me 5.1 channels but other only 2) and it would be nice to SB Z works.
antonioli is offline  
post #5987 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pr0g4m1ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 62
Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Maybe try to contact Creative-Support.

I once had a problem with my ZxR and expected the worst because I read that Creatives support sucks multiple times. However, the (German) support guys knew what they were talking about. They gave me some troubleshooting tips and in the end my sound card was RMA'd in less than a week. All in all I rarely had a better support experience.
pr0g4m1ng is offline  
post #5988 of 5992 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by pr0g4m1ng View Post
Maybe try to contact Creative-Support.

I once had a problem with my ZxR and expected the worst because I read that Creatives support sucks multiple times. However, the (German) support guys knew what they were talking about. They gave me some troubleshooting tips and in the end my sound card was RMA'd in less than a week. All in all I rarely had a better support experience.
Thanks for the answer. If I has to RMA I'm screwed because the warranty is gone lol

I've tested playing some time and noticed something. After using these two register files from this thread the sound doesn't vanish anymore during games. It's a very positive thing. One issue is that using DTS Connect I noticed that one of the speakers doesn't play. First time was center speaker and second time was the front right speaker. Very weird but at least the audio was still there during the gameplay. After that I tested the Dolby Digital Live and had no problems. All speakers were good as expected to be. I'll do some tests when I have time to be sure that I'll continue to be the audio full time and what's the DTS or DD bugs that I'll have.

Now I have some hope (at least with DD) but if some crazy stuff happens I'll contact Creative-Support as you said.
antonioli is offline  
post #5989 of 5992 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 12:58 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
homestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,882
Rep: 87 (Unique: 80)
Zxr owners. When you use the physical sound know on low levels, does the left or right sound cut in and out? I find I have to adjust the levels jus right on low volumes to hear both channels.

Not a big problem but curious about others experience.

homestyle is offline  
post #5990 of 5992 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 07:39 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
D-EJ915's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 88
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by homestyle View Post
Zxr owners. When you use the physical sound know on low levels, does the left or right sound cut in and out? I find I have to adjust the levels jus right on low volumes to hear both channels.

Not a big problem but curious about others experience.
If it is an analog part the potentiometer probably needs to be cleaned. https://electronics.stackexchange.co...-potentiometer

Kanna
(13 items)
Dark X299
(7 items)
Mitty
(11 items)
CPU
Intel i7-7820X
Motherboard
Asrock X299 OC Formula
GPU
Asus Strix 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill DDR C14 3200MHz XMP 4x8GB
Hard Drive
Intel P3520 NVMe PCIE AIC 1.2TB
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250 1250 Watt PSU
Cooling
NZXT Kraken 62
Case
NZXT S340
Operating System
Windows 10 x64
Monitor
Asus PA329Q 32" 4k 60Hz
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Mouse
Logitech G600
Audio
HDMI to my Yamaha CX-A5000 preamplifier and studio monitors.
CPU
Intel i9-9900X
Motherboard
EVGA X299 Dark
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti
RAM
G.Skill 4x8GB C14 3200MHz
Hard Drive
Samsung Pro 840 250 GB
Power Supply
EVGA Supernova G3 1300
Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
CPU
Intel i7-3930k
Motherboard
Asrock Fatal1ty X79 Champion
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Ti
RAM
Mushkin Redline
Hard Drive
WD Velociraptor
Optical Drive
Asus DVD±RW
Power Supply
Seasonic X-1250
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2
Case
Fractal ARC MIDI
Operating System
Windows 7 Pro x64
Audio
Asus Xonar DX
▲ hide details ▲
D-EJ915 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off