Creative AE9 available for pre order $349. Available August 12, 2019 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Creative AE9 available for pre order $349. Available August 12, 2019

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-21-2019, 03:52 PM
The last VRM burner

Rep: 21 (Unique: 13)
Quote: Originally Posted by vf- View Post
I'd also like to know the purpose of the so called EMI shield when it exposes the opamps. Yes, I've heard they're supposedly gimmicks. It just feels like it's another attempt from Creative to try and stay relevant?...
This, my friend, is called looks before use.

PC for all
(18 items)
CPU
i7 5775c @4.2GHz/3.8GHz
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5
GPU
Soon to be 2070 Super FE
RAM
KHX24C11T3K2/16X 11-12-12-32-1T-250
Hard Drive
Corsair MP510
Hard Drive
Samsung Evo 860
Power Supply
SeaSonic Focus Plus 750W
Cooling
Raijintek Tisis lapped+ Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Case
LianLi 330X
Operating System
Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Monitor
Benq GL2250 80Hz
Keyboard
Corsair Strafe Red Silent
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 310
Mousepad
Artisan FX Raiden
Audio
Audio in Motion SC808 + MUSES8820 + 2x 2xLME49990
Audio
AKG M220
Other
NZXT Hue+
Other
Mayflash F300 Arcade Stick
▲ hide details ▲
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:39 PM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Ugh, yeah speaking of creative and drivers, 1903 makes my ae-5 sound like a distorted mess with missing channels.

Just bought a 3700x, new mobo, psu, ram, clean installed win10 1903, bam, its literal trash, reinstall twice more, no difference

..go "f this", plug in my old SSD from my old 2600k build.. with 1809, and it works just fine on the new hardware, with the old install, no crashes or anything, just a bit worse performance due to 1809 vs 1903 for Ryzen 3000 series, i guess.

Moral of the story, Disregard anything positive creative ever says, Ever, unless you have 100% proof its true.

/mad mode off

-.-
(14 items)
CPU
3700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
RAM
G.skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
SX8200 Pro 1TB +30 TB Spinning Rust
Power Supply
Seasonic SSR-1000TR
Cooling
Dark Rock 4 Pro
Case
Fractal R6 (Dont buy, terrible HDD trays)
Operating System
Win 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Viewsonic VX2268wm
Keyboard
SteelKeys 6G
Mouse
Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
QcK Heavy/Artisan Zero XL FX
Audio
Craptive AE-5
▲ hide details ▲
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 31)
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
Depends;
It is for me*, but i have the ZXR with all its op-amps replaced (V6 vivids from Burson). Will admit i'm itching to do a comparison with the AE-9 however, amps are compatible, so it would really be an apples to apples comparison; might yet get to do it.
But for someone not in that spot? Or for someone around that spot but with a need for something better in terms of capture? Especially if they want it all integrated? Why not?

* it's not so much what it does or does not do, it's how they conceptualised the card around said functions; and how they segmented their stack, that too. The AE-7 is basically an AE-5, only it has "better" DAC; which on its own means nothing, but that's a different topic; suffice it to say that victims did exist to buy the AE-5, so am certain yet more exist that will purchase the AE-7; then you have the AE-9, which barring, again, a better DAC [honestly nothing on its own, above a certain level it's other aspects that offer or detract]? Offers less than the ZXR in some factors, but 'more' in the capture part of things; concept; they're going after the nu-age post millennials (of all real ages, we have some 40yr olds right in this forum fitting that mold just fine), because streaming gaemz for ub3r lootz; with RGB! Only cheaper, because now it's integrated! I can see an audience there; the wrong kind, but an audience nonetheless.
Anyway, i'm so far out of the norm i'm not even risking a guess as to what "people" may think of it; i recall Creative stating multiple times that most of what you see now was in direct response to requests made to them.. so, who knows, maybe that's what "people" wanted. I mean they also want iPhones, RGB, glass with no vent in their PC cases, McDonalds, World of Warcraft and Panamericana Super Hero movies, so why not this too; honestly no idea.

Regardless, i do hope this sells well; just like i sincerely hope the NU Audio sold well and every other "internal" sound card out there; not a segment of this market i'd want going away; that would be really sad.
I agree with your assessment. Sadly it seems they are focused on quantity over quality. I bought the Titanium HD when it was first released and it was a wonderful card for it's time and it's still an great card, however since Windows 1709 the drivers have been broken. Only in the last 2 months have they finally released new drivers after a 3 year hiatus. They only did this after the 1903 update broke all the creative drivers for every card.

The super-Xfi debacle is a perfect example on how creative rolls there ip out. Instead it's clear as day that they are going to with hold it for future upcoming cards, so that they can double dip in profits. No thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 04:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 37 (Unique: 27)
Guys what you think about AE-9. I believe sound will be amazing.
But complete AE-9 + Audioengine A5+ Speakers I believe is even better.
It's nice sound for PC and from mine perspective I like that way more then connecting Hi-Fi to PC.
Black board on AE-5 is great decision. For me I insist on Pair of Speakers because price and quality, I can't afford 5 speakers in same quality as two and for gaming 2 is OK.

This complete for great sound is only half price of RTX2080Ti and performance will be same after 10 years, not obsolete.
I have great confidence in SB sound quality. Flaw is technical support. I can't remember when I heard negative about some Sound Blaster sound card.
Maybe Recon3D is not exactly what people expected, I mean less improvement then cheaper versions, but SBZ series become most recognizable sound card series ever.
When I choose new motherboard she need to have PCI-E x1 slot because onboard gaming is nice until you hear good dedicate sound card. I don't think on DX quality, I mean on SBZ or even SBZxR.
That's difference enough to force you on investment. 50$ dedicate sound can't be much better then SupremeFX.

Mother visit me and I just finished gaming, and from other room she say.... I knew graphic is today excellent, but I didn't know how sound is real, she thought on side effects birds, reloading weapons, walking on specific surface, sand or wood, metal, etc... I say it's not like that when you have normal sound, it's because better sound card. And I have some ultra old Creative Inspire 5.1 system. On Audioengine is improvement even bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	545.0 KB
ID:	283216  

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

AUdio Engine speakers are way over hyped and are noting special. The sound card is overkill for the AE5 speakers.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 01:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
Staying on my old Titanium HD and using Hesuvi until they release a decent card with Super-X-FI.

I was super excited and hefty let down when reading about it missing.
Creative teaserd some kind of USB stick or something like that to be released in Q3 with Super-X-FI for PC.
I bet you this is going to be just some crap device.

AM4
(9 items)
CPU
3800X
Motherboard
Aorus Pro
GPU
Nitro R9 390
RAM
Ballistix Sport LT
Cooling
ARO-M14
Case
Define S
Monitor
VG270UP
Monitor
C24FG73
Audio
Titanium HD
▲ hide details ▲
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:23 AM
►¿¿¿

Rep: 48 (Unique: 41)
Tech yes city seemed very unimpressed with the mic quality on this

But thats par for the course, for creative.

(it had some noise on condenser mics, even more on lav mics and even things like the boompro v-modas apparently)

-.-
(14 items)
CPU
3700x
Motherboard
Crosshair VII Hero
GPU
MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
RAM
G.skill FlareX 3200Mhz CL14
Hard Drive
SX8200 Pro 1TB +30 TB Spinning Rust
Power Supply
Seasonic SSR-1000TR
Cooling
Dark Rock 4 Pro
Case
Fractal R6 (Dont buy, terrible HDD trays)
Operating System
Win 10 Pro x64
Monitor
Viewsonic VX2268wm
Keyboard
SteelKeys 6G
Mouse
Pro Intellimouse
Mousepad
QcK Heavy/Artisan Zero XL FX
Audio
Craptive AE-5
▲ hide details ▲
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by HalongPort View Post
Staying on my old Titanium HD and using Hesuvi until they release a decent card with Super-X-FI.

I was super excited and hefty let down when reading about it missing.
Creative teaserd some kind of USB stick or something like that to be released in Q3 with Super-X-FI for PC.
I bet you this is going to be just some crap device.
SAME. Titanium HD FTW.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in