Looking for Headphones upgrade-something that wont increase the rate of my hair loss xD - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Looking for Headphones upgrade-something that wont increase the rate of my hair loss xD

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 455 (Unique: 387)
Quote: Originally Posted by nirosxs View Post
Lol
yeah no running from that hair loss i know!
but I'm just looking for something that will feel more comfrotable compared to the game one
in terms of audio quality im happy with the game one sound in music/gaming !

btw, in modern motherboards like lets say ASUS z390 , many boards come with abuilt in audio card- is it good compared to the xonar dgx?

and what IEM's?
I haven't tried that may IEM's. The Dunu Titan 1 are my favourite so far, but they're sort of semi open back. And the only Sennheiser's I've owned are HD380pro, which I did find extremely comfortable, it would be hard to guess what you'd find more comfortable than the game one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2019, 03:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 72)

Nice and comfy & excellent spatial sound detail for gaming. And the headband is a slim style so it won't mess up too much of your hair do. I love mine for FPS games personally.

In the end what you choose comes down to personal preference. I'd recommend trying on a few pairs at a local music store if you have one nearby.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by speed_demon View Post

Nice and comfy & excellent spatial sound detail for gaming. And the headband is a slim style so it won't mess up too much of your hair do. I love mine for FPS games personally.

In the end what you choose comes down to personal preference. I'd recommend trying on a few pairs at a local music store if you have one nearby.
which headphones? whats the model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 08:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 91 (Unique: 72)
which headphones? whats the model?
Sennheiser HD 650. Also might consider the lower cost black version of these same headphones, which are sold by Massdrop and called HD 6XX.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 09:23 PM
Overclocker

Rep: 344 (Unique: 243)
Currently using Sennheiser Game One+Xonar DGX 5.1
The Headphones sound/microphone perfect for my needs. but! the thing that i hate the most is that when i put them on my head they are not comfortable

I'm not bold yet xD but im sure i will be in few years but i also feel like the Game One when resting on my hair messes it up ! like blocking it badly or something like that(hard to explain)

bottom line-I'm looking for a new headphones that will be considered an upgrade over mine or at the same level

i prefer to have Microphone built in but i guess i can buy one seperate if needed

Most important thing- i want them to be super comfort and if possible - dont rest on my head? maybe on my ears only? maybe the back of my head? maybe somehow mid head but not touching it exactly...

Black friday and Cyber monday coming soon-its great time for an upgrade...
i also dont mind upgrading my Sound card if needed
What is not comfortable about them for you?
Sennheiser can be OK in the 600+ range but that gamery stuff I would avoid along with below 600 unless on a budget and they fit your head and sound you want, like cheap 598SR or what it is, remade 598 in black for cheap.
Get a separate microphone, though I can understand what a royal pain that is same as choosing headphones, looking for a half decent microphone myself right now.
Super comfort... only you can test that, how deep cups do you need aka how much do your ears stick out compared to rest of your head curvature? For me I need deep cups due to my head shape so most headphones fail right away for me as they press on my ears. All the Sennheisers are shallow as far as I remember or not worth buying like that 800 disaster.
Headphone not resting on head would be a rear band headphone or in ears or around ears or something like that, there are maybe maybe some decent one from some maker.
Most decent headphones have a top of the head band, many are thin and stiff = not comfy, only some have memory foam, otherwise you have to DIY it like I did with a piece of open cell foam = that thing is pressure free but does not let heat out which can be undesirable, where as double HD600 pads dig into my head painfully with the 4 not so soft foam blocks.

If you can get memory foam padded headphones but sadly barely any have this for their pads and band. The unusable 569 I think had it, AT MSR7 I think is the name and AKG K712 Pro has pads only with a leather top band that you will definitely want to put a foam on yourself.

HD600 with an HD650 cable I would rate above HD650. They are not shaped for my head though and the pads have no depth. Soundstage is narrow on almost if not all Sennheisers unfortunately because the drivers are always so close to your ear.

Best thing you can do is go to a headphone store and try as many as you can, listen to them etc. Then buy/borrow the ones you liked most to try at home.

That Audio-Technica ATH-M50x meme really gotta stop already LOL. They are not good headphones for home use, they are not comfy, etc. There are some AT headphones that sound well but it's not the M40/50/70 etc. Was it R70x? Sounded similar to HD600. And then the "portable" "V shaped" MSR7 have their use. And some other expensive open ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in