[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 3981 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #39801 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote: Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
Could buy this and turn your wired M50X into wireless bluetooth headphones or one of the thousand universal versions of it for even cheaper

It's really easy to convert the M50X from locking 2.5 to standard 3.5mm, so I'd just do that and get a universal one if that's what you're after.
While that's tempting, I don't trust the microphone quality on it, let alone the small battery. The reports of white noise being added in are something I'd be worried about. Microphone quality is a bit of a big thing, since it would be great to get on Google Hangouts and be completely hands free and not need to do weird and crazy things with my Rode NT1 (which I then forget to talk towards when sculpting or painting *laughs nervously*). Okay, it isn't anything crazy, just my PSA1 doesn't quite reach over to my painting area, and I'll also be moving my painting desk soon. Nice to see there are options though.

Quote: Originally Posted by RatPatrol01 View Post
I mean if you don't mind the price tag, you can't do better than the Master & Dynamic MW07 for wireless stuff IMO. Tested it against the Sony wh100xm3, Bose QC35II, Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless, B&O e8, Bose Soundsport Free. The MW07 sounds awesome and works great. Battery life could be better but that's really my only complaint.
They look nice, but me and IEMs don't seem to get along, so they'd automatically be ruled out. Bose QC35 II's are also ruled out because I'd rather not have the room start spinning and feel like my head, chest, and hips are disconnected from each other and all leaning completely different ways, not to mention the nausea they cause me when noise cancelling is on (and since it auto-engages at the slightest drop of a hat...). Sure are pretty though. Battery life is also too short for what I'd want, an hour and a half just isn't long enough o_O

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #39802 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:59 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 16,702
Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)
body disconnect from noise cancelers? huh?
skupples is offline  
post #39803 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Looking Ahead
 
TheBlademaster01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 13,043
Rep: 785 (Unique: 536)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
body disconnect from noise cancelers? huh?

The ANC may make you feel like your head is spinning while your body is stationary. It's commonly caused by low frequency static noise that may result from adding the generated antiphase soundwaves to the incoming ambient noise. Bose's ANC is especially notorious for doing this. It becomes worse the longer you have the headset on.

 



TheBlademaster01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #39804 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:28 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
skupples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 16,702
Rep: 511 (Unique: 286)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 View Post
The ANC may make you feel like your head is spinning while your body is stationary. It's commonly caused by low frequency static noise that may result from adding the generated antiphase soundwaves to the incoming ambient noise. Bose's ANC is especially notorious for doing this. It becomes worse the longer you have the headset on.

interesting, thank you.

The one pair I had vanished during a trip to the head during a commercial flight, so I didn't get much experience with them.

What's more pathetic is that someone clearly saw someone else take my stuff, & didn't say a damn thing while I made an ass of myself in front of the attendants.
skupples is offline  
post #39805 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
 
WhiteWulfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: C-YXD (aka Edmonton, Canada)
Posts: 10,519
Rep: 167 (Unique: 123)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
body disconnect from noise cancelers? huh?
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 View Post
The ANC may make you feel like your head is spinning while your body is stationary. It's commonly caused by low frequency static noise that may result from adding the generated antiphase soundwaves to the incoming ambient noise. Bose's ANC is especially notorious for doing this. It becomes worse the longer you have the headset on.
What TheBlademaster01 said. For me, while sitting in a chair, it felt like my head was leaning about 60 degrees to the left, chest about 20 degrees to the right, and that my hips had shifted to the left somewhat as well. Yeah, not a very enjoyable experience to say the least, doubly so since it also gave fuzzy vision (that took 45 minutes to correct itself o_O) and a pretty hefty dose of nausea too. I was sitting upright at the time.

Mine was after about 7-10 minutes or so, but some will get this effect rather hard and almost pass out from it... Within seconds.

What was annoying was one of the staff members at the Bose store tried to tell me it wasn't true, or that I just had to "get used to it" and I was pretty much "headphones shouldn't make me feel like I'm about to throw up", which they were still hesitant about until I said my ears don't fit in the earcups (which apparently according to them, is a more legitimate reason, weird). Sucks, because hubby absolutely loves his pair, but yeah, noise cancelling, at least the way Bose does it, isn't for me.

I think the reason I like the concept of the bluetooth M50X's is that they're the M50X's, but wireless. Since I don't really critically listen to much with them, the idea of not having a wire snagging on various things as I'm working, or having the cable dig into my collar bone somewhat if I don't get the wire positioned just right under my hoodie... It's a tempting one. Audio latency isn't as much of an issue when all you're doing is listening to music, or talking on Google Hangouts, so they could very well be the first pair of wireless headphones I'd contemplate.

I <3 Mechanical Keyboards | Member of OCN's Headphone club
Quote:Originally Posted by xxbassplayerxx 
Don't mind Wulfe. He's writing his book one post at a time.
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
GPU
MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition
RAM
G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400
Hard Drive
Maxtor 2TB Black
Hard Drive
Seagate 2TB SATA3
Optical Drive
LG DVD-RW
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2
Cooling
Cryorig R1 ultimate
Case
NZXT Phantom 820 Black
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Monitor
BenQ VP2210
Keyboard
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
Mouse
Steel Series Worgen
Mouse
Roccat Nyth
Audio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B
Audio
AKG K712
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-M50X
CPU
i7 3770k
Motherboard
Maximus V Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 780 Classified
RAM
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz
Hard Drive
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200
Power Supply
EVGA 1000w G2
Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240
Case
Open Bench Table
Operating System
Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor
Dell E2213H
Keyboard
Logitech G15 v2
Mouse
Corsair M95
Mouse
3' wide battle mat
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
Motherboard
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked
RAM
4x Kingston Hyperx 4GB
Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB
Power Supply
Fractal Designs Newton 600w
Cooling
Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro
Case
Fractal Designs Define R4
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Monitor
Dynex 32" television
Keyboard
Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013
Mouse
Logitech G700
▲ hide details ▲


WhiteWulfe is offline  
post #39806 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Looking Ahead
 
TheBlademaster01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 13,043
Rep: 785 (Unique: 536)
Quote: Originally Posted by skupples View Post
interesting, thank you.

The one pair I had vanished during a trip to the head during a commercial flight, so I didn't get much experience with them.

What's more pathetic is that someone clearly saw someone else take my stuff, & didn't say a damn thing while I made an ass of myself in front of the attendants.
Damn, that sucks. It has to be said that not everyone is sensitive to this though.

I had issues with the QC35 II when I tried it (colleague's unit), but found that it does block out a lot of noise. Comparatively, my PXC 550 do relatively poorly on this front. It's good enough for public transport and office sounds, but you can still hear your surroundings if the volume of the music is low. Sound quality is pretty good though for a portable headphone.

 



TheBlademaster01 is offline  
post #39807 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 04:43 AM
mfw
 
ToTheSun!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Terra
Posts: 6,113
Rep: 360 (Unique: 189)
I haven't tried the QC35 II myself, but people I know who have say the experience is not very comfortable.

CPU
Intel 6700K
Motherboard
Asus Z170i
GPU
MSI 2080 Sea Hawk X
RAM
G.skill Trident Z 3200CL14 8+8
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Hard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB
Power Supply
Corsair SF600
Cooling
Noctua NH C14S
Case
Fractal Design Core 500
Operating System
Windows 10 Education
Monitor
ViewSonic XG2703-GS
Keyboard
Cooler Master Quickfire TK
Mouse
Corepadded Logitech G703
Mousepad
Cooler Master MP510
Audio
Fiio E17K v1.0 + Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO (B pads)
▲ hide details ▲
ToTheSun! is offline  
post #39808 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
jayfkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,281
Rep: 30 (Unique: 26)
so after 5 years my SH215 broke.

ordered these to replace em. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-Z...468c4c4d1RLMU6

I feel I'm in for a treat. If the raving reviews are the be believed, it's an absolute steal for 38$, which is about the official price for shure replacement cables btw.
jayfkay is offline  
post #39809 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 06:52 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
RatPatrol01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 1,059
Rep: 49 (Unique: 45)
So, uh, somehow this happened...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	251574  


Ikelos
(17 items)
KeyEntity
(10 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 XC
RAM
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
Hard Drive
ADATA SU800 1TB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB
Power Supply
Cooler Master MasterWatt 650
Case
Fractal Define R6 USB-C TG
Monitor
Dell 27" QHD 144hz G-SYNC
Monitor
HP Omen 32" QHD 75hz FreeSync
Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma
Mouse
Logitech G903
Mousepad
Steelseries Qck Heavy
Audio
JDS Labs The Element
Audio
Campfire Audio Polaris IEM
Audio
Peachtree M24
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX3.0
RAM
16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4
Hard Drive
Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD
Power Supply
Corsair RM650
Case
Corsair Obsidian 350D
Operating System
Windows 10
▲ hide details ▲
RatPatrol01 is offline  
post #39810 of 39854 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:25 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
pietro sk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sk/eu
Posts: 641
Rep: 32 (Unique: 25)
how come??
doh lol

CPU
Opteron 6386SE G34r1
Motherboard
H8SGL
GPU
Radeon R9 380X
RAM
32GB ECC_DDR3 1333 4ch
Hard Drive
Seagate 600 Pro Enterprise SSD
Hard Drive
WD Green+Black
Power Supply
TX850
Cooling
some water
Case
Tai-chi
Operating System
Win8.1_64
Keyboard
K120
Mouse
M560
Audio
Xmos_u8_DAC; (diy Pluto 2A3/SE estat amp)
Audio
STAX cookies 3pcs
▲ hide details ▲
pietro sk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
The Pook
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off