Problem with Razer Megalodon and TS - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Problem with Razer Megalodon and TS

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11
Hey OCN,

Just picked up the Razer Megalodon 7.1 surround sound gaming headset, and I am having some problems with it and Teamspeak, I notice that I can get in and talk for about half an hour, but then after that the mic will cut out. I have to then stop teamspeak and restart it.

THis is my only problem with the headset everything else is working fine.

Hope you guys can help,

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 353
You could try updating team speak and the razer drivers.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angmaar View Post
You could try updating team speak and the razer drivers.

TS2 is the latest (until TS3 comes out) and my Razer Drivers update automatically
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

The Great Almasy, dont take this as being disrespectful, but I have been using RAzer products for 2 years now and have no complaints what so ever about the products. This is the very first problem I've had and I think that its just a little buffering problem with Vista and Razer. If you do not have any solutions or possible solutions on helping me fix this problem then please stay out of a post I make. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanWillis View Post
he's bought what he wanted. let him be.

Have you been into settings and checked them all over? tried your old headset again with the problem gone?

Jordan, Ive checked all settings. in Teamspeak and in Razer and my sound drivers they are all functioning properly.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I just registered to let you know that you're not alone. Me and my brother purchased the Megalodon together and we are both experiencing your problem. This is very frustating because it's happening at least in vista 32-bit and windows 7 rtm 64-bit. It also happens to many other people but we have not found the solution yet. We don't have many days left before we chose to return the headsets.

Let me know if you find a way to get the Megalodon reliable.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17
It may be a problem with team speak.

Did you try other VoIP programs, like Ventrilo?
If you have any games with a built-in VoIP, like Counter Strike: Source, do they work?
If you can, have you used Driver Sweeper on the onboard Audio Drivers and reinstalled them?
Have you tried any other headset? Or Mic? Or Both?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Same problem for me as well, all drivers up to date running vista and the mic just keeps cutting out in both ts and vent very confused as to what it could be
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 12
well from the looks of it people are googling the same exact problem and end up in this thread. you should just wait it out, the problem will eventually get fixed. or you can return the headset and wait until it gets fixed.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 12:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

I just registered to answer this - I read on a Microsoft support forum that you need an external usb hub with an AC adapter so that the hub gets more power than a motherboard can give...I don't have one yet, but thought I'd share...let us know if it works for you!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1
Registered just to chime in too (didn't find this through a google search though, I lurk around OCN a lot).

I shortly owned a pair of megalodons and had the same problems you did. Go to razer's website and manually search the support page for a driver update. Automatic updates really don't work very well (on my phone now so can't post a link). The driver update should fix the problem in most programs. My audio still cut out in certain games though so I sent the megalodons back for g35's.

I love razer, but the megalodons are garbage. It is totally unacceptable for a product to do this especially considering the cost.

Derp!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in