GTX 750 Ti mining - Page 22 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GTX 750 Ti mining

post #211 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 09:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerparts View Post

Can anyone help me out? I have the Gigabyte windforce 750ti on windows 7 x64 and can't seem to get anything above 235 kh/s on stock clocks and 250 kh/s oc'd. The card is unflashed on a Z77 mobo and I'm using 32 bit version of cudaminer with this config -l T5x24 -H 2 -m 1 -i 0. Drivers are 334.89 whql. I was under the impression that I'd be able to get at least 270 kh/s on stock clocks unflashed but maybe I was wrong?

If you're operating in x1 mode for PCIe, then -h 1 should help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 10:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 142 (Unique: 106)
you need to flash the tdp to 65W computerparts. Run it with chrome open also.

post #213 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-04-2014, 11:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hi everyone:D complete newbie here. didn't even know about coin mining till reading reviews on a card i ordered for a new pc build. While waiting a week for all my components to come in i started obsessing on the idea of crypto mining.

assembled my pc this morning.

msi a88xm-e35
amd a10 5800k
8 gb ddr3
wd blue 1tb hdd
PNY xlr8 gaming gtx 750 ti
cheap case and 450 psu bundle
win 7 64

plan was to build a cheap pc for music and entertainment in my climate controlled garage.

after assembly i spent several hours reading mining guides and forum threads. this is what i came up with.

cudaminer 2014-02-28 x86

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://multi1.wemineall.com:5555 -u user -p pass -i 0 -l T5x24 -C 1 -H 1

EVGA px +135 gpu +660 mem

302 khash/s card is staying at 60 degrees

What do you guys think? is this thing going to melt or blow up? should i try to squeeze more hash out?

any opinions and sugestions would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by e6ug View Post

Hi everyone:D complete newbie here. didn't even know about coin mining till reading reviews on a card i ordered for a new pc build. While waiting a week for all my components to come in i started obsessing on the idea of crypto mining.

msi a88xm-e35
amd a10 5800k
8 gb ddr3
wd blue 1tb hdd
win 7 64

plan was to build a cheap pc for music and entertainment in my climate controlled garage.

after assembly i spent several hours reading mining guides and forum threads. this is what i came up with.

cudaminer 2014-02-28 x86

cudaminer.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://multi1.wemineall.com:5555 -u user -p pass -i 0 -l T5x24 -C 1 -H 1

What do you guys think? is this thing going to melt or blow up? should i try to squeeze more hash out?

I think you're good to go as-is. Did you BIOS flash away the TDP limit? If not, consider that the few kH/s you would gain would probably cost you more watts than it's worth.
post #215 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerparts View Post

Can anyone help me out? I have the Gigabyte windforce 750ti on windows 7 x64 and can't seem to get anything above 235 kh/s on stock clocks and 250 kh/s oc'd. The card is unflashed on a Z77 mobo and I'm using 32 bit version of cudaminer with this config -l T5x24 -H 2 -m 1 -i 0. Drivers are 334.89 whql. I was under the impression that I'd be able to get at least 270 kh/s on stock clocks unflashed but maybe I was wrong?

At stock, nah, try ocing the memory, your settings are fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccRicers View Post

Ah, I really wish I had know this before buying two EVGA SC's. What hashrate would I expect out of them at stock clocks? I ordered them actually because of the lack of 6-pin connectors. But I am connecting all my cards directly to the PCIe slots- no risers.

By the Gigabyte Dual Fan you mean the Windforce?

You could try to return and exchange them maybe? I'm looking hard at the Msi gaming oc without 6 pin, it's really convenient that it has excellent memory chips and can run off whatever psu you got.
For my main rig though, I'm not sure what to pick since my pci-e slots don't have auxiliary molex/pci-e power for the slots. (x79-ud3)
I'm sure it can take the abuse, if it supports 4 gpus out of the box anyway, but not 100% sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e6ug View Post

msi a88xm-e35
amd a10 5800k
8 gb ddr3
wd blue 1tb hdd
win 7 64

cudaminer 2014-02-28 x86

You won't get much more out of that PNY card, I heard they don't do as well as the msi gaming oc or zotac cards. Those seem to be the two best so far. As well as the Galaxy gc and the Asus Dcu (technically, although the report I saw of the Asus one was a bit disappointing compared to the Zotac).
post #216 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Why are people saying the Zotac ones are good cards? Are they talking about the non-reference card?

I have the reference card and I'm getting identical results as the PNY one.

post #217 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotaduck View Post

Why are people saying the Zotac ones are good cards? Are they talking about the non-reference card?

My Zotac Reference cards (BIOS TDP limit Mod) OC'd are doing better than My ASUS cards. Standalone in an x16 slot, the Zotac was hitting 325 kH/s for me.
post #218 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Quote:

Well, I've seen a guy with 8 of them post results and they were all consistently decent.
post #219 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfgrimm View Post

My Zotac Reference cards (BIOS TDP limit Mod) OC'd are doing better than My ASUS cards. Standalone in an x16 slot, the Zotac was hitting 325 kH/s for me.

Thanks. I wanted to try that hack but are there any drawbacks to it? Will I lose warranty for doing so?

post #220 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 02:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Thanks. I wanted to try that hack but are there any drawbacks to it? Will I lose warranty for doing so?

Probably, but you can just flash back original BIOS is the card starts acting up...I guess I'm not too concerned about a $150 GPU. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in