GTX 750 Ti mining - Page 23 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

GTX 750 Ti mining

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #221 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
sec0nd2n0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6
Rep: 0
Hello guys... Newbie here, I'm planning to build mining rig. I just want some experts help here.

Is A88X-G45 a good mobo for mining?

Which GPU should I get?

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2gb/128bit
OR
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2gb/128bit
OR
MSI GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr OC Ed 2gb/128bit

tia smile.gif
sec0nd2n0ne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #222 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
dEBASERpIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Rep: 0
Hi

Just wanted to share my experience with an MSI N750TI TF 2GD5/OC.

I'm using CPU +135 / MEM + 635 with bios mod for power target limit and I am getting around 315-320khash/s

OS is W7 x64, cudaminer is latest x86 version with -m 2 -l T5x24 -i 0 -H 2 and chrome webbrowser is running.

If anyone is able to get higher hashrates please post your settings.
dEBASERpIX is offline  
post #223 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 04:58 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ivanlabrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Posts: 8,637
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sec0nd2n0ne View Post

Hello guys... Newbie here, I'm planning to build mining rig. I just want some experts help here.

Is A88X-G45 a good mobo for mining?

Which GPU should I get?

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2gb/128bit
OR
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2gb/128bit
OR
MSI GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr OC Ed 2gb/128bit

tia smile.gif

I'd go for the Msi one personally...the board choice, not so sure. You want good pci-e bandwidth, I'd pick a board with multiple 16x slots and run without risers or at least make sure risers don't have ridiculously long cables since that will slow you down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dEBASERpIX View Post

Hi

Just wanted to share my experience with an MSI N750TI TF 2GD5/OC.

I'm using CPU +135 / MEM + 635 with bios mod for power target limit and I am getting around 315-320khash/s

OS is W7 x64, cudaminer is latest x86 version with -m 2 -l T5x24 -i 0 -H 2 and chrome webbrowser is running.

If anyone is able to get higher hashrates please post your settings.

Cool! Thanks biggrin.gif
ivanlabrie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #224 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
sec0nd2n0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philippines
Posts: 6
Rep: 0
Thanks! But what other mobo would you recommend that could run 5 or 6 750ti?
sec0nd2n0ne is offline  
post #225 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:07 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ivanlabrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Posts: 8,637
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sec0nd2n0ne View Post

Thanks! But what other mobo would you recommend that could run 5 or 6 750ti?

Easy, z77 gd65, z87 g45, z87x-oc (no risers, yay), z87 oc formula (same), z87 pro, z77x-ud3h, 990fx gd65 maybe.
ivanlabrie is offline  
post #226 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: On a high horse
Posts: 5,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Easy, z77 gd65, z87 g45, z87x-oc (no risers, yay), z87 oc formula (same), z87 pro, z77x-ud3h, 990fx gd65 maybe.

The Z87 OC and OC Formula is a little overkill.
TheLAWNOOB is offline  
post #227 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 06:20 AM
GWAMM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N.H.K.
Posts: 2,015
Rep: 127 (Unique: 112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Easy, z77 gd65, z87 g45, z87x-oc (no risers, yay), z87 oc formula (same), z87 pro, z77x-ud3h, 990fx gd65 maybe.

You'd need water cooling and bracket modding to run 5-6 cards on any board without risers though.

I personally got the ASRock H81 Pro BTC. It's cheap and has all the slots needed as long as you're using risers, but price and availability depends on where you live, as usual.

GUIDE: Monitor/Display controls via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

I play games. In addition to my PC, I own a cosy collection of consoles including GBC, PSX, GBASP, PS3, GCN, X360, NDSiXL, Xbox, PS2, Wii, Dreamcast, PSP and PS Vita.


HothBase is offline  
post #228 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:06 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
ivanlabrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Posts: 8,637
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

The Z87 OC and OC Formula is a little overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HothBase View Post

You'd need water cooling and bracket modding to run 5-6 cards on any board without risers though.

I personally got the ASRock H81 Pro BTC. It's cheap and has all the slots needed as long as you're using risers, but price and availability depends on where you live, as usual.

Again, risers...risers here cost 450 pesos each, and they make you lose hash rate with nvidia cards.
The z87x-oc is 4000 pesos, and the h81 pro btc costs 100 pesos less.
Price difference just isn't worth it when you factor in the cost of risers.

I know it's a particular case scenario but risers are a pain in the arse if you work with a gazillion rigs and these cards are perfectly capable of running stacked without over heating cause of the low tdp.
ivanlabrie is offline  
post #229 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
Americonfusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 33
Rep: 4 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

At stock, nah, try ocing the memory, your settings are fine.
You could try to return and exchange them maybe? I'm looking hard at the Msi gaming oc without 6 pin, it's really convenient that it has excellent memory chips and can run off whatever psu you got.
For my main rig though, I'm not sure what to pick since my pci-e slots don't have auxiliary molex/pci-e power for the slots. (x79-ud3)
I'm sure it can take the abuse, if it supports 4 gpus out of the box anyway, but not 100% sure.
You won't get much more out of that PNY card, I heard they don't do as well as the msi gaming oc or zotac cards. Those seem to be the two best so far. As well as the Galaxy gc and the Asus Dcu (technically, although the report I saw of the Asus one was a bit disappointing compared to the Zotac).


Its interesting that you say the MSI has superior memory because the one user here running MSI and Zotac found that the memory doesnt overclock well and it delivers subpar khs. Any card that cant give 300+khs stable isnt worth the time or money. I'll find out tonight I guess, I have 3xPNY OCs, 2 MSIs and 2 Asus cards coming in to do some comparisons with, already have 5 EVGA FTWs. Contemplating getting some of the other 2 EVGA cards to see if they can match my FTWs output.
Americonfusion is offline  
post #230 of 1291 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
GWAMM
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N.H.K.
Posts: 2,015
Rep: 127 (Unique: 112)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post


Again, risers...risers here cost 450 pesos each, and they make you lose hash rate with nvidia cards.
The z87x-oc is 4000 pesos, and the h81 pro btc costs 100 pesos less.
Price difference just isn't worth it when you factor in the cost of risers.
I know it's a particular case scenario but risers are a pain in the arse if you work with a gazillion rigs and these cards are perfectly capable of running stacked without over heating cause of the low tdp.

Sure, but sec0nd2n0ne requested a board that could run 5-6 cards, which implies the use of risers. Like I said, price varies and I don't know the situation in the Philippines, but the H81 Pro BTC should cost about a third of the GA-Z87X-OC's price in most places.

GUIDE: Monitor/Display controls via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

I play games. In addition to my PC, I own a cosy collection of consoles including GBC, PSX, GBASP, PS3, GCN, X360, NDSiXL, Xbox, PS2, Wii, Dreamcast, PSP and PS Vita.


HothBase is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off