[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining! - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining!

post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Ever Forward.

Rep: 231 (Unique: 166)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablosbud View Post

It's about time. Can you pool mine this coin? I think that would be a great leap forward for medical-based distributed computing because we could combine our computing resources to get larger work units done.

I don't think that's possible.

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Soon it will be.. we will be streaming work units very soon. the folding development team at Stanford has been making leaps and bounds recently coming up with new cores for submitting work. It will be released soon hopefully but the concept is the work will be streamed instead of downloaded in entire chunks. So pretty soon we will be able to see smaller segment submissions. This will more-so be on the folding side so not so much a pool idea. but it does make it where there is much less lost work and much easier to monitor on the curecoin side of things.

Also hear news of new API coming out aswell so there will be updated work more often with more statistics available. Stanford has and will continue to improve the folding structure. There will be new updates coming from the pool and the curecoin development team aswell. With the new power coming into stanfords boinc i am sure this will spark some interest at there University attracting more students to the program aswell as scientists. Improvements from both ends will make this coin continue to grow for some time to come.
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
That's amazing news man, glad I hopped onto this...I missed folding, a lot.
I owe it to my former team mates, who got me into this and taught me a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 02:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 252 (Unique: 215)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlabrie View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Don't see it. i see that you download FAH and start folding. And then sign up at a pool to get paid.

And what's the point of mining via ASICs? May as well have them just mine the already existing coins and just pay the folders with that. I don't see why they gotta double the man power to make this work. Why can't they make it so that you fold while you mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Yeah I'm one of the first 20 people to post in their original ANN I believe. I was skeptic then, and I'm still skeptical now.

No I don't think they're getting financial incentives from a 3rd party for the folding efforts. Personally I feel like they're just taking advantage of [email protected] to generate the hype. They're just going to sell their coins and the bigger the hype, the more BTC's they'll get from it.

I feel like they're just learning from the experience of Primecoin. It was so hyped up that it slowly fell unlike the other coins that falls in value quickly when created. But in the end all they did was make a mine-able coin and not go anywhere with it. They didn't go mainstream with it or anything. It's just mine and dump, mine and dump.

I feel like that's all curecoin is going to be. Just like all these other coins out there. They're not going do anything with it except just be listed on an exchange for selling. People are going to buy it and fold for it just for the hype of it. But what can they do but sell it? Nothing. It's just another coin that the creators created so that they can make money off the hype for a longer period of time than just creating yet another animal or joke coin that everyone else is doing.

Nobody is making new coins so that it becomes an actual currency. They're just all making coins to get some easy BTC's.

What's the problem with having a lot of coins for different purposes?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's a way to generate money to pay the folders with, that's it...and it's a proof of concept as well.
Coin can be forked, and new features implemented to the original code if need be, what's important is Stanford's support, and the dev team, which is really capable.

Primecoin generates a few different prime number chains, that's it...Can't compare that to generating an incentive for people to fold!!!

Come on, Curecoin is the number 1 team in the world right now, and it took 3 days since launch. Give credit where credit is due wink.gif

They're not for different purposes though are they? They're all for 1 purpose: exchange for BTC. They all have their different themes but for a single purpose. And those that promised to have other purposes, don't follow through.

I am glad that this is generating an interest towards folding. I bet most of which are people leaving other folding teams to join this one though but that besides the point. What I fear, is that people are just going to fold, get paid and dump... fold, get paid and dump. The value of the coin is only going to drop to the point where people will just stop and move onto a different coin, just like with all the other coins.

But if they make the coins usable other than dumping at an exchange, then great. But I'm not getting my hopes up anymore because no one ever follow through that.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
I personally think this should replace bitcoin. Just my opinion but it could really happen to. Theres no reason to mine bitcoin other then to get bitcoins. At least mining cure helps support the network. Folding for cure helps save lives.. So all in all its a better use of the power by far. I added some information to the OP on the power consumption of bitcoin and its wastefulness. Maybe that will help smile.gif.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 05:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Plus, all those sha256 asics could go to curecoin. thumb.gif

Hey, spread the word: http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3510.0

The logo is ok, at best, we can raise some funds for that. I'll be donating a few coins.
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 201 (Unique: 170)
So let me get this right.. the only thing different here from standard folding is that we change teams and get coins.

So in theory, if you already fold then why would this be an issue..?

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us."

post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 28)
Just joined the pool smile.gif

I know more than any man about women. And I know nothing.

How do you treat your Momma? How do you treat your Wife?

post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 07:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Same passkey and user...that's it.
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 11:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 433 (Unique: 289)
It's about time! Been wondering when this was going to happen. Looks like I'm folding again!

band.gif

READ this thread before starting your first build!!!
ALWAYS power up a Mobo Before installing it! Consider Less than helpful posts as Free Bumps.
devil-smiley-019.gif¡¡¡ʍʇɟ qn1ɔ uoıʇɐıɔǝɹddɐ 939 ʇǝʞɔos ǝɥʇthumbsupsmiley.pngsozo.gifRetro Rulezsozo.gif

If you can't afford to lose it don't mod or OC it.
At least read the ENTIRE OP before commenting.

Semper Fi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in