[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining! - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining!

post #41 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-20-2014, 08:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Right now, they are only worth what people are willing to pay, with them you buy a certain unit of PPD to help the folding cause. To convert selfish miners to folders.

That's all for now, but it's really big imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtStinger View Post

Ok so I've been thinking about this for a while and even though I know very little about curecoin, and the whole mining industry in general...

I still want to invest in this idea,simply for the reason that the "you're helping a cure" folding mentality is combined with this mining craze. I think it has potential...would we call this a penny stock?

My main question is, let's say I have 1000 dollars to throw at it. Would my money be obviously better invested by buying coins outright in the market? Or better invested buying GPU(s)?

My second question is, is this a special type of stock, or will any broker exchange usd for it? How does it become actual dollars exactly?

I know the questions are really noob. I've always wanted to get into it but never understood it enough. Never really understood what this super-computer network was "processing" in the first place. But if we're after a cure, it's just the push I needed to start...maybe it will be someone else's too.

Thanks for the help in advance.

You can buy cheap coins and sell them later for profit, or speculate with your own hardware, dedicating some gpu and cpu power to it.
I'd do both, buying gear for mining or folding is not a guaranteed profit, but it can be.

If you sold every curecoin you got right now, you'd be making 3.5usd per day, per r9 290, roughly.
Me personally, I'm holding them till they get to 0.01btc per unit or more. And even if they do, I will only sell what I need to cover power costs and pay some bills.

You can monitor price at www.poloniex.com, read this site for more info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 09:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 245 (Unique: 218)
Ooh I really love the idea.

{IAM}BARBEQUED_LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlockaFlam2 go_quote.gif

yesterday i was thinking why am i running a 7970 on a $19, mATX mobo?
post #43 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 548 (Unique: 358)
Definitely my favorite coin I've "mined" so far thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
how's this any different than Gridcoin?

post #45 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
About time for something to happen here. Gridcoin failed to take off

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 PM
Folding Fanatic

Rep: 43 (Unique: 34)
I like the general concept and the idea of getting more compute pointed towards folding. However, I wish there was a way you could give them a username and passkey and still fold for a different team. What difference would it make? I like folding for OCN and team competition.

RTX 2080+R9 Fury X+GTX 1070+GTX 1070+RX480+I7 7800x @ 4.6ghz+Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.5+I5 8600k+I5 7600k+i3 8100+Ryzen 3 1200=Folding for 37726 http://files.overclock.net/images/smilies/thumb.gif
CPU
I7 7800x @ 4.6ghz
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 ultra Gaming
GPU
xfx R9 Fury X
RAM
Corsair 3200mhz 4x8gb
Hard Drive
Corsair Force 500 256gb
Power Supply
Seasonic Platinum 760w
Cooling
Corsair H100I
Case
Corsair 460X
Operating System
Windows 10
Monitor
Acer K242HQK
▲ hide details ▲

post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyettoday View Post

I like the general concept and the idea of getting more compute pointed towards folding. However, I wish there was a way you could give them a username and passkey and still fold for a different team. What difference would it make? I like folding for OCN and team competition.

The problem with this is you would be getting paid to compete in a donation competition. Curecoin team is not competing in any competitions. I am sure this was part of the stipulations involved when creating the curecoin team otherwise it would be un-fair to other people not getting paid to fold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moos View Post

how's this any different than Gridcoin?

Gridcoin uses a very small amount of power for boinc. Curecoin uses ASIC power to solidify the blockchain while GPU/CPU use 100% folding power to get paid in curecoin. By far a larger amount of resources being used for folding.

OFF TOPIC it would be great to see some of you guys in the #curecoin chat in freenode. More support is always good. Lots of voting and community effort on this one. Come join us if youd like to participate smile.gif.
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 55 (Unique: 50)
So why exactly does this curecoin have value?

It honestly seems more like a pyramid scheme then anything else. The currency itself has no useful purpose that isn't already filled by other currencies (other than to encourage folding). My point is why would someone on an open exchange give something of value in exchange for a curecoin?

The only answer I can come up with is ignorance.

Unless I am missing a key point about some innovation of this "currency."

post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Why did anyone invest in bitcoin when it first came out? All it takes is enough faith to push it to the top. Its hard to find a reason to invest in any crypto at least when you invest in cure your investing in a coin thats power goes to something good. The development team is active im sure the future is bright for cure and there will soon be other reasons to hold cure.
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 439 (Unique: 336)
I like anything that will encourage people to stop "mining" coins and waste power on unproductive hashing.

The XFX 4890 post 2 year reference cooler fan bearing service
NZXT Tempest Community
[Worklog] NZXT Tempest eats a 360 rad (hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjas go_quote.gif

you under-estimate the power of e-peen, you'll whither and waiver to it's power, and finally succumb.
Bow to e-peen and buy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in