[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining! - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining!

post #51 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 252 (Unique: 215)
Making $1 a day after electricity with my 2 280x's @ 130k PPD each.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 05:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 28 (Unique: 28)
So far I've folded 22 work units and I have about 2.1 Cure showing up on bullions pool. Does this sound right? I know there's a lot of factors and I fold slow with this GPU, but does it more or less sound in line with how many coins I should be receiving?

Also, I know there is plenty to read, but is there a quick easy answer or link to the best card for this type of mining? Price/coins earned ratio being the biggest thing, not so much efficiency as 1/3 of my electricity is free. What is the quickest card to pay off doing this type (I don't know what ascii and all that jargon is for example) of processing? Quick answer or link please? I want to set up a few computers, such as my mom's.

Thanks for the help.

Also, I found plenty of places to trade BTC for CURE. Do I have to BUY BTC first if I don't have any to BUY CURE, or is there a way to buy CURE cash on a market directly?

I know more than any man about women. And I know nothing.

How do you treat your Momma? How do you treat your Wife?

post #53 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 12:16 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 7)
Thanks for the info.

i am now folding for cure coin. hope it works out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 11:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Can someone report how much have the payouts for the same PPD increased now that "difficulty" has fallen?
post #55 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 548 (Unique: 358)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihco View Post

Can someone report how much have the payouts for the same PPD increased now that "difficulty" has fallen?

Up almost 50% for me

post #56 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 252 (Unique: 215)
Not me. For some reason my payout has been cut in 1/2? I'm guessing more people have joined the pool?

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

post #57 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Not me. For some reason my payout has been cut in 1/2? I'm guessing more people have joined the pool?

I'm definitely getting way more than I used to as the PPD of the pool has decreased. Are you sure you haven't changed anything? Are you getting the same PPD as before?

post #58 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 329 (Unique: 273)
any guide for nvidia users?

post #59 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

any guide for nvidia users?

Follow this for general setup:

https://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3482.0

And then this to tweak it and get more PPD thumb.gif

https://www.overclock.net/t/1491029/guide-adding-the-advanced-beta-tag-to-your-gpu-slot-s

post #60 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Adclock.net

Rep: 144 (Unique: 129)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfree88 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here is what is hands down the greatest innovation in crypto-coin history and I will explain why:

Alzheimer's

Cancer

Huntington's

Parkinson's

You have all heard of them, some of the worst diseases known to man.  Many of you have probably lost loved ones or have had to or currently have to watch them suffer from these diseases.

There has been for some time research going on at Stanford University.  Using GPU/CPU compute power to study and "fold" proteins that could lead to potential cures and understandings of the above mentioned diseases.  This will take many years to accomplish and has been a growing community of volunteers.  Now times have changed and Curecoin is born.

Most of us cant afford or choose not to fold due to lack of money, unaware of folding or just plain greed.  Now even the greedy can give back with CureCoin. Start folding today and you could be the one extra piece that saves a life.  If there was ever a coin to join together on this is it.  If there was ever a coin to bring good to the world this is it.  Stop mining new coins, stop mining useless coins, STOP MINING.  Its time to fold for a cause, and maybe get a bit in a return to cover costs.  

In December 2013 bitcoin hashrate was a estimated average of about 10,000,000 ghash.

At that time the power consumption of bitcoin was estimated to cost $15 million dollars EVERYDAY!

Blockchain.info no longer releases power consumption information.

Currently Bitcoin hashrate is about 80,000,000gh and although some machines have gotten better (more hash per watt) the consumption still increases.

This does not even include any of the alt-coins many of us mine today.

You do the math, Stop wasting power! CureCoin uses that power towards real scientific use!

Even if using ASIC to mine the sha side of CureCoin you are still supporting a great cause. Pull out those ant-miners and donate some power for once instead of wasting it!

There has never been a bigger reason to dedicate to a coin.  Not pure speculation, but LIFE CHANGING effects.  Folding is now a paying gig and there should and will be millions jumping on board.  Check it out you could be the one to save a life.

This will forever be the best opportunity for the mining community to do something good.  Please join us in finding the cure. Never stop folding!

Also as a side benefit folding takes much less power and heat then standard scrypt mining. So not only will you be supporting a great cause but your power bill wont be so bad either!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0 for more information and to start folding for Cure!!

(P.S. I am in no way affiliated with CureCoin nor the development team.  I dont have a ton of CureCoin (20 total as of 5/16/2014) as I don't have much hash nor money to invest. I have been around folding since the beginning and have always been too poor to afford the extra power bill.  This coin has been a savior to give me something I can use in return for something I always wanted to give anyways.)

Or i can continue to mine what's profitable.

Click For Awesome (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Mule go_quote.gif

Me and my roommates watched a standalone video of a guy demonstrating it on YouTube. I lost it when he started stroking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen00 go_quote.gif

I like robo-butts and I can not lie, microchips with a great wave line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi go_quote.gif

I honestly don't think there's any way to explain it without it sounding weird or one's imagination taking a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_van go_quote.gif

I can't even remember the last time I grounded myself before handling stuff.
Unless it's the middle of the winter and I'm moonwalking across my carpet in socks before tearing a PC apart I'm not worried about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan go_quote.gif

A laptop is still a PC, albeit a portable one. You can tell how many laptops there are by looking at the 1366*768. Most people don't play...biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in