[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining! - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining!

post #61 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 11:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 252 (Unique: 215)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizZz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Not me. For some reason my payout has been cut in 1/2? I'm guessing more people have joined the pool?

I'm definitely getting way more than I used to as the PPD of the pool has decreased. Are you sure you haven't changed anything? Are you getting the same PPD as before?

Dunno. People tell me you can't go by v7.4.4's PPD numbers and HFM does not work with 7.4. The pool does not line up with the 24 hour numbers in the EO stats site so I dunno where the 24 hours falls. There are people coming and going from the pool. The only stats the site has for folders is how much coin they each got the last 24 hours. Don't know the overall ppd, what % I'm getting, or what not.

There's too many unknowns to determine if you're doing ok or not. All I know so far is that I've made 130 curecoins the past few days which is about .025 BTC at the going rate or $16 before electricity costs.

The coin's value will continue to go down until they pick up some other use for it other than being traded at exchanges.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 04:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

The coin's value will continue to go down until they pick up some other use for it other than being traded at exchanges.
It sure has went down. If it gets much lower, they will charge us money for having CureCoins. The bad news in a chart.
http://coinmarketcap.com/cure_30.html
post #63 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Cure will take a little longer to get a solid price increase. There is battling between asic and gpu. there is also some issues with the gpu folding pool that is being addressed.

As soon as issues are taken care of and there is some merchant support. I am sure cure will take off smile.gif. Nows the time to fold to gain a solid investment smile.gif.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

I don't think that has much to do with it. Some but not alot. I think it's mostly because all you can do with the coins is dump it. There's no other use for it.

They're setting up a booth at the BTC conference in Chicago. Maybe some investors will get into it but I don' think it's going to help any. They really need to find another use for the coin. Like buy coins for charity or get some retail to accept it. Otherwise it'll just keep dumping.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.

post #65 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Dev

Rep: 23 (Unique: 23)
I just came across this and honestly it totally got my attention. I feel I am willing to forkout some machine to mine on the side for CureCoin while having my main machine folding for them. I will setup an account tomorrow and decide which machine I will go after to setup some nice mining workers. XD:thumb:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K |MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme |VIDEO: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio |RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000Mhz 32GB 4x8 |CASE: Corsair 760t White |M.2: SAMSUNG 970 500GB (Win)|PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM850x |COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo.
post #66 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 01:53 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 97 (Unique: 79)
Anyone seeing Cure making a comeback from the dead? I'd love to turn the GPU's back on but just don't see the point. Not even worth the electricity at these prices...
post #67 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 06:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

I've stopped mining them for awhile now. Months I think. They just keep going down because there's no value in buying them. Examples would be to buy and it would donate money to the cause or certain retailers accepting them as payments.

post #68 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Has remained one of the most profitable for gpu (see coingecko for comparison).. problem is nothing is profit at the moment.. all require midterm mining investments or alot of hashpower.. im trying hard to create my own coin soon but cure will always be a great option tho. Especially now.. wouldnt take much to double price to profit plus its for a good cause.
post #69 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Retired Staff

Rep: 167 (Unique: 122)
This my first post on this thread, but I have read it before... I know your new team number. wink.gif

Did you ever think about folding for OCN? You would have to settle for one username though and no coins.

https://www.overclock.net/f/55/overclock-net-folding-home-team

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 passive bi-amped(Vr3 Castle Mod)
Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's
Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

post #70 of 76 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

This my first post on this thread, but I have read it before... I know your new team number. wink.gif

Did you ever think about folding for OCN? You would have to settle for one username though and no coins.

https://www.overclock.net/f/55/overclock-net-folding-home-team

I have in the past but i honestly cant afford to. I cant even afford to fold for coins anymore..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in