[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining! - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Announcement] Greatest Innovation in coin history! Stop mining!

post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 120 (Unique: 103)
Here is what is hands down the greatest innovation in crypto-coin history and I will explain why:

Alzheimer's

Cancer

Huntington's

Parkinson's

You have all heard of them, some of the worst diseases known to man.  Many of you have probably lost loved ones or have had to or currently have to watch them suffer from these diseases.

There has been for some time research going on at Stanford University.  Using GPU/CPU compute power to study and "fold" proteins that could lead to potential cures and understandings of the above mentioned diseases.  This will take many years to accomplish and has been a growing community of volunteers.  Now times have changed and Curecoin is born.

Most of us cant afford or choose not to fold due to lack of money, unaware of folding or just plain greed.  Now even the greedy can give back with CureCoin. Start folding today and you could be the one extra piece that saves a life.  If there was ever a coin to join together on this is it.  If there was ever a coin to bring good to the world this is it.  Stop mining new coins, stop mining useless coins, STOP MINING.  Its time to fold for a cause, and maybe get a bit in a return to cover costs.  

In December 2013 bitcoin hashrate was a estimated average of about 10,000,000 ghash.

At that time the power consumption of bitcoin was estimated to cost $15 million dollars EVERYDAY!

Blockchain.info no longer releases power consumption information.

Currently Bitcoin hashrate is about 80,000,000gh and although some machines have gotten better (more hash per watt) the consumption still increases.

This does not even include any of the alt-coins many of us mine today.

You do the math, Stop wasting power! CureCoin uses that power towards real scientific use!

Even if using ASIC to mine the sha side of CureCoin you are still supporting a great cause. Pull out those ant-miners and donate some power for once instead of wasting it!

There has never been a bigger reason to dedicate to a coin.  Not pure speculation, but LIFE CHANGING effects.  Folding is now a paying gig and there should and will be millions jumping on board.  Check it out you could be the one to save a life.

This will forever be the best opportunity for the mining community to do something good.  Please join us in finding the cure. Never stop folding!

Also as a side benefit folding takes much less power and heat then standard scrypt mining. So not only will you be supporting a great cause but your power bill wont be so bad either!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0 for more information and to start folding for Cure!!

(P.S. I am in no way affiliated with CureCoin nor the development team.  I dont have a ton of CureCoin (20 total as of 5/16/2014) as I don't have much hash nor money to invest. I have been around folding since the beginning and have always been too poor to afford the extra power bill.  This coin has been a savior to give me something I can use in return for something I always wanted to give anyways.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:26 PM
New to Overclock.net

Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina. Land of the obscenely expensive hardware
Rep: 350 (Unique: 189)
Huge +1, this coin needs more exposure...I'm surprised we're not seeing headlines and news articles covering this.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 252 (Unique: 215)
Is this that stupid coin that pays you in other coins instead of its actual coin?

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.
Do you have Too Much Airflow?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 02:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 48 (Unique: 39)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Is this that stupid coin that pays you in other coins instead of its actual coin?

No, this is the coin that rewards you in CureCoin for doing research for Stanford University; I have the opinion it will be the largest thing to happen to crypto since DOGE.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 93)
Awesome! I use to have all my rigs doing folding at home. Will defiently have to look up more info and point one of my GPUs there

post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 105 (Unique: 85)
CureCoin really does deserve FAR more attention than it has been getting. Time to finish up my two 4P builds that have been sitting around the past few months. biggrin.gif

Does FOLDING make you feel MAGICAL? Of COURSE it does!

"It may not seem logical, but trust me. I know where I'm going. And it's far."

post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Yeah now I'm sure this is the same. They started off paying people using donated coins. They said that they're working on curecoin itself.

But it still doesn't make sense to me. Who is processing the transactions of the coins itself? Where is the whole process of the cryptocurrency itself?

I've folded in the past but this... this is just silly. Where's the mining process? I don't see why they can't incorporate the folding like they did with XPM's. Who is verifying the transactions with the transfers of the coins?

In other words it seems to me like a very hackable coin or something.

Stop asking "why would you do that?" We're in "the pursuit of performance" here.

post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher33 View Post

Yeah now I'm sure this is the same. They started off paying people using donated coins. They said that they're working on curecoin itself.

But it still doesn't make sense to me. Who is processing the transactions of the coins itself? Where is the whole process of the cryptocurrency itself?

I've folded in the past but this... this is just silly. Where's the mining process? I don't see why they can't incorporate the folding like they did with XPM's. Who is verifying the transactions with the transfers of the coins?

In other words it seems to me like a very hackable coin or something.

Did even read the announcement???

The mining is carried away by sha256 asics. They get part of the block reward, most of it goes to folders, and part of it goes to development and investors.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 10:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Don't see it. i see that you download FAH and start folding. And then sign up at a pool to get paid.

And what's the point of mining via ASICs? May as well have them just mine the already existing coins and just pay the folders with that. I don't see why they gotta double the man power to make this work. Why can't they make it so that you fold while you mine?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in