Overclocking & Choosing RAM for Socket 1155 - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Overclocking & Choosing RAM for Socket 1155

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Inteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 126 (Unique: 95)
I wish this thread was a sticky!!!!

Inteller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
munaim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: .:.
Posts: 10,812
Rep: 921 (Unique: 603)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inteller;14525674 
I wish this thread was a sticky!!!!

lol I put a request forward to a mod, you guys could do the same if you want. rolleyes.gif

I know exactly what you mean tongue.gif


I will be updating this thread and focusing my attention on getting the message accross to people about sandrbridge RAM and how to choose the ones that suit their needs best. I hope that everyone supports me in doing so and everyone contributes to this thread!! thumb.gif
munaim1 is offline  
post #25 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Inteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 126 (Unique: 95)
Yah, I think this is a great thread, cause it brings together all of the most pertinent info, for choosing compatible ram for the Sandy Bridge platform. Plus the fact that I agree with your conclusions as well. Your very knowledgeable about memory, and the needs of the 2nd gen Intel cpu.

If the new comers would take the time to read your first post, and all the links included, we wouldn't need to do as much coaching!
Plus sometimes I see some bad suggestions being given, and feel bad if I don't step in and explain what, why, and how!

Hey munaim1,

Not sure if you want to include this in some form, to your first post?
But to the "new to building" people, or just "memory challenged", they may need to be made aware that the timings that they normally see, ie: 8-8-8-24 1T, are only the 5 most advertised timings, and there are many more than that. So then they would take that into consideration when asking the question, can I add this set of Mushkin Redline, to this set of G.Skill.

Up to you!
Great thread

Inteller is offline  
post #26 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
munaim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: .:.
Posts: 10,812
Rep: 921 (Unique: 603)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inteller;14525989 
Yah, I think this is a great thread, cause it brings together all of the most pertinent info, for choosing compatible ram for the Sandy Bridge platform. Plus the fact that I agree with your conclusions as well. Your very knowledgeable about memory, and the needs of the 2nd gen Intel cpu.

If the new comers would take the time to read your first post, and all the links included, we wouldn't need to do as much coaching!
Plus sometimes I see some bad suggestions being given, and feel bad if I don't step in and explain what, why, and how!

Hey munaim1,

Not sure if you want to include this in some form, to your first post?
But to the "new to building" people, or just "memory challenged", they may need to be made aware that the timings that they normally see, ie: 8-8-8-24 1T, are only the 5 most advertised timings, and there are many more than that. So then they would take that into consideration when asking the question, can I add this set of Mushkin Redline, to this set of G.Skill.

Up to you!
Great thread

LOL wouldn't say very knowledgeable but I catch on very quickly and am still learning as I go along and havn't done so bad as a newbie with RAM

If the more experienced RAM users provide assistant in this thread I can see it being very successful.

That is actually a great idea, didn't realise that until you posted it +rep see I told you im still a newb doh.gif

I know there is other timings but I completely forgot about them. lol

quote added to OP.

Thanks bud appreciate the support thumb.gif
munaim1 is offline  
post #27 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
Inteller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,616
Rep: 126 (Unique: 95)
Thanks man!

I'm pretty good with ram trouble shooting, and I am new here.
I just see a lot of repeating questions.
You could probably pre-write maybe 3 responses dealing with 3 different ram subjects, and save them on your PC, then all you'd have to do is copy and paste answers in this memory section...lol

Back at ya!

Inteller is offline  
post #28 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
deathrow9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 102
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Thanks for this, I had no idea so much had changed in ram in only a few years!
deathrow9 is offline  
post #29 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
Retired Staff
 
munaim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: .:.
Posts: 10,812
Rep: 921 (Unique: 603)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow9;14527812 
Thanks for this, I had no idea so much had changed in ram in only a few years!

No worries, glad that it helped out.

Welcome to OCN thumb.gif




Anyways guys been looking at some benching RAM and came up with these, not sure if there on sale or not but here we are:

Geil Ultra PLUS PC3-16000 2000MHz C6
Quote:
- Available in 2GB(1GBx2) & 4GB(2GBx2) Dual Channel Package

- Available CAS: 6-9-6-24

- Working Voltage: 1.65V

- Heat-spreader: PLUS Edition heat-sink system in Hyper Gunmetal finish

- Technology: DBT Enhanced, Die-hard Burn-in Technology

- Warranty: Lifetime



Geil Ultra PLUS PC3-19200 2400MHz C9
Quote:
-Available in 2GB(1GBx2) & 4GB(2GBx2) Dual Channel Package

- Available CAS: 9-11-9-27

- Working Voltage: 1.65V

- Heat-spreader: PLUS Edition heat-sink system in Hyper Gunmetal finish

- Technology: DBT Enhanced, Die-hard Burn-in Technology

- Warranty: Lifetime

If you guys think that these should be in the list let me know, I personally think that their quite amazing. I'll also be looking out for some Gskill Sniper ones, need to increase the benchmarking RAM section.
munaim1 is offline  
post #30 of 456 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
CloudX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Murrieta, CA
Posts: 1,171
Rep: 50 (Unique: 43)
There's some very good info here. Those low voltage sticks are the best!

Look here before buying a PSU.
My old school Heatware.


CloudX is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off