G.SKILL DDR4 RGB Lighting with Trident Z Series Thread - Page 49 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

G.SKILL DDR4 RGB Lighting with Trident Z Series Thread

post #481 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 43 (Unique: 26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curseddiamond View Post

G.Skill needs to update their software already. it has been 7 weeks since the last beta.
The RGB series is a big fail for G.SKILL. The idea to control LED lightning via writes to SPD EEPROM is poor itself. Besides, it is extremely dangerous! The only purpose of SPD EEPROM is to store SPD data (timings, frequencies, technical module parameters, etc). Even the final version of G.SKILL software will cannot help resolve issues with SPD corrupting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 8 (Unique: 7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Jungle View Post

The RGB series is a big fail for G.SKILL. The idea to control LED lightning via writes to SPD EEPROM is poor itself. Besides, it is extremely dangerous! The only purpose of SPD EEPROM is to store SPD data (timings, frequencies, technical module parameters, etc). Even the final version of G.SKILL software will cannot help resolve issues with SPD corrupting.
I recently bought a set of the LED RAM, not for the LED's but for the speeds. Do you know if I will likely have a problem if I don't try to control the LED's and just let them do their rainbow thing?
post #483 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:25 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Is my RAM working as it should?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 08:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKenzie View Post

I recently bought a set of the LED RAM, not for the LED's but for the speeds. Do you know if I will likely have a problem if I don't try to control the LED's and just let them do their rainbow thing?

Wouldn't be a problem unless you bought it for a mad OC. That being said I've tightened up quite a few primary and secondary timings with my kit while being completely stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarotu View Post

Is my RAM working as it should?

Honestly can't tell much if not anything from that pic but if its booting up with the XMP profile and stable then it is working as it should.

post #485 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 44 (Unique: 40)
subbed
post #486 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Just called G, Skill US support for the third time. Only solution to SPD corruption is RMA. No timeframe for rewritten G. Skill software (or Aura for that matter)

I mentioned that Computex is a week away. They will not want their presentations of the featured product to be clouded by the faulty software,

post #487 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 03:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Whats the consensus on Typhoon Burner? Is it not working
post #488 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
I have a set of 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-4266 GSkill RGB running at 3866 17-18-18-38 1T on an Asus Maximus IX Extreme with an i7-7700K @ 5.0 / 4.8 Uncore. Works well and the Aura software controls the lighting without problems. They're bright, but behind the smoke tinted tempered glass panel on my case they have a dark glow that looks much better.
post #489 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 06:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Give it 2 days and one of your modules is gonna go dark! Then its either RMA or try to reprogram with typhoon burner. Not sure what the success rate is though. If I was you I would uninstall all software g skill or in my case asus Aura and wait & deal with the stupid rainbow scheme
until they release new software that works. Im on my second kit and im not reinstalling Aura until they fix it. Too bad too cause my 16gb kit was a beast
post #490 of 611 (permalink) Old 05-27-2017, 12:11 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 65 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf74 View Post

Give it 2 days and one of your modules is gonna go dark! Then its either RMA or try to reprogram with typhoon burner. Not sure what the success rate is though. If I was you I would uninstall all software g skill or in my case asus Aura and wait & deal with the stupid rainbow scheme
until they release new software that works. Im on my second kit and im not reinstalling Aura until they fix it. Too bad too cause my 16gb kit was a beast

What's the problem here? Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

Aura works without problems, I've only had problems with buggy (beta) g.skill software.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in