[REVIEW] Team Force Delta RGB 3000 MHz - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[REVIEW] Team Force Delta RGB 3000 MHz

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 32 (Unique: 26)
[REVIEW] Team Force Delta RGB 3000 MHz

Team Group T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 3000MHz

Delta RGB is available in 2400, 2666 or 3000 MHz, white or black heat spreaders.

manufacturer website:
https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/delta-rgb-ddr4

Today I will be looking at Team Group Delta RGB modules rated at 3000 MHz, two kits of 2x4GB, 16GB in total, which comes with an XMP 2.0 setting of 3000MHz @ CL16-18-18-38.

Product specification

Packaging

Packed in clear blister, Delta modules are fully visible. Simple, clean look with a small specification sticker on the front(bottom right) and product name(top).

Back of the package has got a product description and some main features. Model number can be found there too.

Factory seal can be found on top edge, ensuring that customer gets highest quality product

Inside, there is also an installation manual and a little TForce decal

Once the package is opened, we get a very good looking, high quality modules.

Test system

i7 7800x(overclocked to 4.8 GHz)
ASRock Taichi XE motherboard
Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD
Enermax MaxTytan 800W Titanium power supply

Team Group Delta modules are 146.8(L)x7(W)x49(H) mm. I didn't test them with any air cooler(custom loop used for testing) but they shouldn't collide with most air coolers as they are not very high.
Once installed, they cycle with rainbow colors at default.

For those who wish to customize LED styles and colors, there is an official RGB app available called Blitz and can be downloaded directly from manufacturer's website. It's highly customizable and has got many different modes.

some samples of solid static color

there is 5 LEDS on a PCB, they can be configured individually.

After we got all the colors set matching our build, we can go into BIOS and tweak Deltas a bit.

Here, I would like to note that I haven't done many excessive tweaks nor benchmarks.
These modules come with XMP profile 16-18-18-38 at 1.35v
I was able to drop timings to 15-16-16-36 on four sticks, two sticks will happily go even lower.
This is what Aida64 memory benchmark recorded:

Playing with memory clock, I was able to overclock to 3400MHz without changing timings or voltage(from XMP settings):

Maximum speed for my samples was 3466 MHz with 17-19-19-39. Anything higher,no matter what timings, I simply couldn't get stable. I guess that's it for four sticks(again, two modules would probably overclock slightly higher).

I haven't done any game benchmarks, I don't think there's any noticeable difference between 3000 and 3466 MHz.
I have tried these Deltas with a couple of different motherboards(MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic, MSI X370 XPower Titanium) and there was no compatibility issues whatsoever(Intel or AMD), XMP profile worked as should.

Team Group T-Force Delta has got a very nice and original shape, bright and vivid LEDs, advanced RGB software and high hardware compatibility. These modules will shine in any build, big advantage is a heat spreader color choice to match a chassis or motherboard.

Delta DDR4 have manufacturer lifetime warranty and can be bought from overclockers.co.uk(United Kingdom) or Amazon.

thanks for reading,
any comments are welcome

Likwid Mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:23 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Hi, sorry to necro, but good review, I just wanted to comment that this is an absolutely gorgeous RGB kit, probably one of the best looking DIMMs out there. So much so, that I'm going to purchase this for a build. Exact same config too, 4x4 GB modules, since fully occupied slots looks much better imo. Only caveat is that only the 2400mhz kit is in stock at Newegg currently. The 3000mhz 2x4 kit that you reviewed isn't. Seeing as you could easily oc to 3400 without changing anything, do you think the 2400 kit could possibly make it to 3000, at a stretch? It's worth noting that the 2400 kit runs at 1.2v while the stock 3000 runs at 1.35v, so there's some headroom there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

Quote: Originally Posted by aBanana144p View Post
Hi, sorry to necro, but good review, I just wanted to comment that this is an absolutely gorgeous RGB kit, probably one of the best looking DIMMs out there. So much so, that I'm going to purchase this for a build. Exact same config too, 4x4 GB modules, since fully occupied slots looks much better imo. Only caveat is that only the 2400mhz kit is in stock at Newegg currently. The 3000mhz 2x4 kit that you reviewed isn't. Seeing as you could easily oc to 3400 without changing anything, do you think the 2400 kit could possibly make it to 3000, at a stretch? It's worth noting that the 2400 kit runs at 1.2v while the stock 3000 runs at 1.35v, so there's some headroom there.
I actually have 2400mhz version of Delta as well, I used it with Ryzen 2600 on X470 motherboard and managed 2933 mhz, wouldn't go beyond 3000mhz. If this is for Intel I wouldn't worry at all about that coupl of hundred mhz as this will never be seen in everyday use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:09 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Quote: Originally Posted by muzammil84 View Post
I actually have 2400mhz version of Delta as well, I used it with Ryzen 2600 on X470 motherboard and managed 2933 mhz, wouldn't go beyond 3000mhz. If this is for Intel I wouldn't worry at all about that coupl of hundred mhz as this will never be seen in everyday use
Awesome, it looks like you too loved this kit a lot, that you bought it again haha . That's good to know, that this kit can be pushed to near around 3000mhz. What voltage and timings are you using with that 2400 kit btw? Thanks!

While it may be true that I prob won't really notice several hundred mhz in everyday use, I've seen articles that talk about 5-10% fps gains in SOME games when using faster higher frequency ram. Well, that's comparing it to slower 2133 or 2400 modules. I'm not completely sure how much truth was in what I read, and besides, with these stock memory kits that are over 3000mhz or so, it's really diminishing returns and you won't see many perceptible effects, other than a deeper hole being burned through your wallet :/ .

Also, unrelated question but does the kit work with asrock's polychrome sync thing?

Last edited by aBanana144p; 07-29-2018 at 08:12 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2018, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter
Linux Lobbyist

on Asrock X470 Taichi motherboard it did not work properly, I was getting some conflicts and errors sometimes, other Asrock motherboards might be ok I don't really know, hopefully they will fix it with a newer bios releas
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:59 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by muzammil84 View Post
on Asrock X470 Taichi motherboard it did not work properly, I was getting some conflicts and errors sometimes, other Asrock motherboards might be ok I don't really know, hopefully they will fix it with a newer bios releas
sorry to necro this post -

But ive had the same issue with my x470 taichi and the 3200mhz version of the DELTA. Using a ryzen 2600.
Wondering if you had success.

Firstly I cant get it passed 1566 (3133mhz). Loading xmp profile fails. Adding voltage makes it crash alot. Stable at 3133.
The ram is rated for xmp at 3200 so its a bit annoying.

Also on the taichi the polychrome sync (RGB) app wont save sync settings + gives windows errors on startup. Tried everything, customer support offered heaps of ideas but nothing worked. They have never tested it according to them, only the dark series. Ridiculous they can put it as compatible on their site and have never tested it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in