Confused: 9 months later and memory started to fail, unless I apply a .05 oc - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Confused: 9 months later and memory started to fail, unless I apply a .05 oc

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 25 (Unique: 21)
Confused: 9 months later and memory started to fail, unless I apply a .05 oc

So my rig has worked perfectly fine for over 9 months with the same settings that I applied when I built it, suddenly it started to crash while gaming and while completely idle. I use an XMP profile with 1.35v however I had to raise that to 1.35.05v in order to keep it stable. Why is this happening all of a sudden? I've never experienced this before. I'm so confused. So in another 9 months I have to raise the voltage again?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
16GB Corsair Vengeance CL15 LPX DDR4 3000mhz
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F
Seasonic Focus PLUS Gold 550w

Oh and the motherboard has a series of LED's that tell you which component is failing, it's telling me it's the ram. Just in case anyone was wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 12:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBDK View Post
So my rig has worked perfectly fine for over 9 months with the same settings that I applied when I built it, suddenly it started to crash while gaming and while completely idle. I use an XMP profile with 1.35v however I had to raise that to 1.35.05v in order to keep it stable. Why is this happening all of a sudden? I've never experienced this before. I'm so confused. So in another 9 months I have to raise the voltage again?

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

16GB Corsair Vengeance CL15 LPX DDR4 3000mhz

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F

Seasonic Focus PLUS Gold 550w

Oh and the motherboard has a series of LED's that tell you which component is failing, it's telling me it's the ram. Just in case anyone was wondering.
Test is with memtest86 @ stock speed with XMP enabled and disabled, if it fails / crashes, you'll need to RMA it.Corsair 3000C15 kits are EOL in many country, you might have to RMA all memory at same time, because there is high chances that you might get 3000C16 kit as a replacement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in